Author Topic: The Portuguese Police apologise to the McCanns.  (Read 8643 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: The Portuguese Police apologise to the McCanns.
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2023, 08:08:18 AM »
How I have been missing "PJ source - close to the investigation". Almost always as incredible as is MWT. Well, maybe not. No one is that incredible 🙄
For claimants of routine visits to victims of crime this mob certainly were exceptionally tardy! Sixteen years ???

Trust Mark Williams Thomas to be in there somewhere.  He never gets anything right.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2023, 08:21:42 AM »
I smell the sardine munching breath of the erstwhile fat, still incompetent and still ex-cop co-ordinator on MWT’s shit stirring twxxt.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2023, 09:17:02 AM »
I smell the sardine munching breath of the erstwhile fat, still incompetent and still ex-cop co-ordinator on MWT’s shit stirring twxxt.
I suppose your casual racism is a 'generational thing'? Like Jimmy Saville?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2023, 09:53:01 AM »
I got a bite. Yay.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2023, 09:55:54 AM »
I got a bite. Yay.
I'm not interested in your disdain for Dr Amaral, I'm disappointed with the racism that goes unchecked here.
We have members of all colours and creeds and I'd hope we could at least respect that and keep your prejudices to yourself.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2023, 09:56:30 AM »
I suppose your casual racism is a 'generational thing'? Like Jimmy Saville?

He is Fat.  He is Incompetent.  And he is an Ex Co ordinator.

Offline Myster

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2023, 10:00:20 AM »
Williams-Thomas spouting his tired old awoke, walked and wandered bollocks again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWwdJt1UOR8&ab_channel=GBNews
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2023, 10:00:47 AM »
he also has shocking breath, so I heard. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2023, 10:01:41 AM »

I'm not interested in your disdain for Dr Amaral, I'm disappointed with the racism that goes unchecked here.
We have members of all colours and creeds and I'd hope we could at least respect that and keep your prejudices to yourself.
@)(++(* I love it when you drop the troll act and get on your high horse, it's hilaire!

Offline The General

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2023, 10:06:15 AM »
That's fine - that's freedom of speech. I doubt he cares, but the opinion can be spouted. It's the racism that it would seem your generation often deploy, then act all confused because 'well it weren't racist in my day', or, probably more telling, 'it's political correctness gone mad, that's what it is'.

Offline The General

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2023, 10:08:18 AM »
  @)(++(* I love it when you drop the troll act and get on your high horse, it's hilaire!
The irony here being that you inadvertently name dropped a black footballer of some repute. I imagine that's quite galling to discover.

Offline Admin

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2023, 10:16:07 AM »
Williams-Thomas spouting his tired old awoke, walked and wandered bollocks again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWwdJt1UOR8&ab_channel=GBNews

He's still milking the ex cop card for all its worth.

Offline Admin

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2023, 10:19:59 AM »
PJ police confirm “steps continuing” in case of missing Madeleine McCann

Detectives have reportedly “apologised” for handling of case

In a statement issued today, Portugal’s PJ judicial police have clarified that “steps are continuing” as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, “to fully clarify the situation”.

The statement comes after the BBC in UK reports that “Portuguese police have apologised to the parents of Madeleine McCann for the way they handled the three-year-old’s disappearance”.

None of this is mentioned in the PJ statement, which simply explains “that, as part of the investigation into the disappearance of an English child in the Algarve in 2007, steps are continuing to be taken to fully clarify the situation”.

The short text continues: “In this context, and as has been made public in due course, in close liaison with the German (BKA) and English (Metropolitan Police) authorities, formal investigation and forensic tests have been carried out in Portugal and abroad, as well as sharing information and revisiting testimonies.

“As is also normal in this type of situation and in line with good practice, face-to-face contacts were made with the relatives of the missing child, providing – only – the procedural situation within the scope of the ongoing inquiry pending before the Faro District Public Prosecutor’s Office”.

According to the BBC, “a delegation of senior officers travelled from Lisbon to London earlier this year. They met Gerry McCann, Madeleine’s father, and apologised for the way detectives investigated the case and treated the family.

“The McCann family has not commented on the apology and their daughter’s disappearance remains unsolved.

“Portuguese police now say their initial investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance was not handled properly, there was insufficient importance given at the time to missing children and that her parents’ position as foreigners in an environment they did not understand was not appreciated”, the BBC’s report goes on.

Anyone who remembers those days and weeks following Madeleine’s disappearance will recall the massive press pack camped in Praia da Luz, and the apparent extreme importance given by authorities, both Portuguese and British, to the child’s disappearance. Thus why this reference to “insufficient importance” comes now – 16 years after the little girl went missing without apparent trace – is unclear. There do not appear to be any new leads in this mystery in spite of the flurry of activity around the Arade dam earlier this year.

Reiterating that the Portuguese police “have now admitted that the investigation was not conducted correctly”, the BBC’s report ends with the information that “after years of investigation, Portuguese officers this year backed the German authorities, who believe that German Christian Brueckner (sic) murdered the child”.

This is something that Mr Brückner himself has consistently denied.

The BBC’s report concludes that “Hans Christian Wolters, the German prosecutor in the case, welcomed Portugal’s apology, saying: “It’s a good sign. It shows that there is progress in the McCann case in Portugal”.

Again this observation is not immediately borne out by the content of the PJ  statement.

*SIC Notícias on Monday evening carried a news item to insist that Portugal’s PJ police did NOT travel to UK to apologise to the parents of Madeleine McCann. They went, as the statement issued earlier today explains, to update the couple on the situation as of ‘now’.

‘Close liaison’ with the German (BKA) and English (Metropolitan Police) authorities can also not be interpreted as PJ police ‘backing’ the German authorities theory that Christian Brückner murdered Madeleine McCann.

https://www.portugalresident.com/pj-police-confirm-steps-continuing-in-case-of-missing-madeleine-mccann/

The word cleared appears noticeable by its absence despite the inferences or am I missing something?

Offline The General

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2023, 10:26:02 AM »
He's still milking the ex cop card for all its worth.
He's on the MM Ching Ching Train; the ride that never stops paying.
There's dozens of them with their snouts in the trough.
There is one notable exception, however. We never see Martin Grime poking about in any of this. Not because he sought to 'build a business' on the back of it, which is a scurrilous accusation, but because no doubt he refuses to profit from the ongoing carousel of intrigue that plenty of 'pundits' are happy to exploit.

....and guess what, the Ching Ching Train has been amply refuelled by inaccurate clickbait published by our illustrious, tax payer funded paragon of impartiality, the BBC.

.....choo choooooo

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2023, 10:28:42 AM »
The irony here being that you inadvertently name dropped a black footballer of some repute. I imagine that's quite galling to discover.
I have literally no idea what you are on about.  Keep on trotting on your high horse, your faux outrage is most amusing to watch.