Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 843787 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

I reckon those who can smell the jolly old Siberian hamster and have all this compelling evidence (ha ha) that something untoward is going on should stop whingeing about it on here and behave like the upholders of justice they say they are and report it to the appropriate authorities complete with dossier of evidence.  ?{)(**
Well it would be a little more constructive wouldn't it Billy?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Jean-Pierre

I reckon those who can smell the jolly old Siberian hamster and have all this compelling evidence (ha ha) that something untoward is going on should stop whingeing about it on here and behave like the upholders of justice they say they are and report it to the appropriate authorities complete with dossier of evidence.  ?{)(**
Well it would be a little more constructive wouldn't it Billy?

Given the money in question was in the form of gifts, I do not think there is anything illegal going on.  So nowt reportable.  Just an interesting observation of double standards.  I shall say no more about it.   ?{)(**

Offline Alice Purjorick

Given the money in question was in the form of gifts, I do not think there is anything illegal going on.  So nowt reportable.  Just an interesting observation of double standards.  I shall say no more about it.   ?{)(**

As in each party is doing the minimum it is required to by law?, apart from the audit by "The Fund" which is no great shakes. That seems perfectly reasonable to me.
Don't say you are doing something else though.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

Fair enough.  In that case there will always be a big question mark over the "defence fund".  I am beginning to smell a big rat.    ?{)(**
You speak of rats but have so far not come up with any Jean, and anyway you certainly can't claim that Sr Amaral went on a trip to London to meddle in the Bournemouth election (and as it turned out there was no need anyway). PJGA is squeaky clean, there are no rats for you to find.

Offline Brietta

As in each party is doing the minimum it is required to by law?, apart from the audit by "The Fund" which is no great shakes. That seems perfectly reasonable to me.
Don't say you are doing something else though.

I don't think either fund is a matter of any great interest, Alice.

Of interest is the pejorative treatment meted out to one but no questions asked about the other ~ and the complete failure to recognise that sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

If there is a fund set up to pay for Mr Amaral's lawyers, no-one need lose any sleep over it except for those who were infighting over it. Just found some of the controversy while browsing something entirely different.  LOL Misty should set up in business with a crystal ball ... she predicted as much and the posts are probably still on this thread.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

It is getting ridiculous.

It has become a total obsession by some mccann supporters to attack Amaral at every turn.

Oh the irony.

Online Eleanor

Off Topic and Pointless Posts will be removed.

stephen25000

Oh the irony.

The irony is in your court, as per normal.

Offline Alice Purjorick

I don't think either fund is a matter of any great interest, Alice. I would tend to agree

Of interest is the pejorative treatment meted out to one but no questions asked about the other ~ and the complete failure to recognise that sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.If you set yourselves up like two bunches of kids in the playground pretending they are at Wembley what do you expect?

If there is a fund set up to pay for Mr Amaral's lawyers, no-one need lose any sleep over it except for those who were infighting over it. Just found some of the controversy while browsing something entirely different.  LOL Misty should set up in business with a crystal ball ... she predicted as much and the posts are probably still on this thread.Oooh do tell  ?{)(**

Offline Brietta

I don't think either fund is a matter of any great interest, Alice. I would tend to agree

Of interest is the pejorative treatment meted out to one but no questions asked about the other ~ and the complete failure to recognise that sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.If you set yourselves up like two bunches of kids in the playground pretending they are at Wembley what do you expect?

If there is a fund set up to pay for Mr Amaral's lawyers, no-one need lose any sleep over it except for those who were infighting over it. Just found some of the controversy while browsing something entirely different.  LOL Misty should set up in business with a crystal ball ... she predicted as much and the posts are probably still on this thread.Oooh do tell  ?{)(**

Sometimes great minds think alike :)

Would it be considered childish of me to suggest that one gang started it?

My lips are sealed ...  £4%4£ ... but it seems to have been a good going spat for all that
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

Sometimes great minds think alike :)

Would it be considered childish of me to suggest that one gang started it?

My lips are sealed ...  £4%4£ ... but it seems to have been a good going spat for all that

I have a theory about that but posting it would be akin to volunteering to be "Bulldog", in that both sides will pile in  @)(++(*

Offline John

Former UK Ambassador Craig Murray confirms that Met Police did donate to the Gonçalo Amaral appeal fund.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

Former UK Ambassador Craig Murray confirms that Met Police did donate to the Gonçalo Amaral appeal fund.

#Disciplinary charges[edit]
Some of the embassy staff were sacked in July 2003 while Murray was away on holiday. They were reinstated after he expressed his outrage to the FCO. Later during the same holiday he was recalled to London for disciplinary reasons. He was confronted with 18 charges on 21 August 2003. These included "hiring dolly birds [pretty young women] for above the usual rate" for the visa department, although Murray said that the department had an all-male staff, and Murray was accused of granting British visas to Uzbek women in exchange for sex in his office.[10] The FCO gave him a week to resign and told him that discussing the charges would be a violation of the Official Secrets Act 1989.[10]

He collapsed during a medical check in Tashkent on 2 September 2003 and was airlifted to St Thomas Hospital in London. After an FCO internal inquiry conducted by Tony Crombie, Head of the FCO's Overseas Territories Department, all but two of the charges (being drunk at work and misusing the embassy's Land Rover) were dropped. The charges were leaked to the press in October 2003.[15]

seems like a pretty reliable source John

Offline jassi

Another person smeared for speaking out against the McCanns.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Another person smeared for speaking out against the McCanns.

these charges were in 2003....