Author Topic: Should White House farmhouse have been demolished?  (Read 22227 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Should White House farmhouse have been demolished?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2018, 01:15:21 PM »
I agree, I found that very odd and the fact in her statement she asked JB why he didn't want to live there! she also was there a lot after the tragedy like she had her sights on it from the get go , and i also found it off that she asked about having June's engagement ring so soon after the murders.

Ann asked for the ring for Pam, not for herself.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 01:40:17 PM »
I'm sure most would consider WHF a 'house of horror'.  Others properties with similar histories have been demolished eg former homes of the Wests, Huntley, Bridger, and Dunblane gym to name but a few.  In this case a relative, AE, appeared only too happy to move in lock, stock and barrel pre trial and remains to this day.  And even had her 8 year old daughter helping to re-make the twins' beds 5 days after the tragedy.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3168.0;attach=3118

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/04/april-jones-mark-bridger-house-demolition

I don't think the farmhouse should have been demolished despite the atrocities which took place within its walls.  Those instances where houses have been demolished are usually located within housing schemes.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline APRIL

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2018, 02:14:44 PM »
I know if that had been me it would have been the very last thing on my mind. And how would she know at that time what JB was planning, PLUS he was the son she was the niece, I'd say that gave him the right to decide what happened with anything that wasn't set out in the wills.

If I'd witnessed the packing up and discarding of personal family stuff, keeping hold of it for posterity would be the first thing on my mind. Surely, if he was going to flog it anyway, one person's money would be as good as another's. One might have thought he'd have given the family first refusal? A ring -especially an engagement ring- is of huge sentimental value, irrelevant of what is it's financial value. It's not impossible that there'd been a verbal agreement, regarding it, between June and Pam, although it's perhaps MORE likely that it would have been bequeathed to Sheila.

Offline Alice

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2018, 05:08:22 PM »
Well JBs robbery and obsessive greed would have been obvious to all of his family. If I had a family member like that with no regard for heritage or sentimental value I would have spoken up before he had a chance to flog an item like an engagement ring. If Carol Ann Lee is correct then the haste with which he sold off family antiques, portraits etc is frankly more shameful that a relative asking about one ring!

Offline APRIL

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2018, 05:22:35 PM »
Well JBs robbery and obsessive greed would have been obvious to all of his family. If I had a family member like that with no regard for heritage or sentimental value I would have spoken up before he had a chance to flog an item like an engagement ring. If Carol Ann Lee is correct then the haste with which he sold off family antiques, portraits etc is frankly more shameful that a relative asking about one ring!

Supporters are very eager for us to believe he 'needed' money to pay for funerals and death duties. They turn a very blind eye to him treating family heirlooms with no more respect than a burnt out tumble dryer. There doesn't seem to be, around that time, a record of any bank account set up to deposit the money, although his social life appears to have been hectic. One gets the impression that his need was for ready cash which can't be traced.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2018, 05:29:59 PM »

as i said before i find it very surprising given what had just happened ,

Offline APRIL

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2018, 05:41:12 PM »

I can't think why. That ring may well have been a Georgian or Victorian piece which had belonged to Nevill's family. He couldn't have wanted to give it to Julie if he intended to flog it. Why should it not be kept in the family? I'd have paid for it, rather than let it go.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2018, 09:30:25 PM »
I can't think why. That ring may well have been a Georgian or Victorian piece which had belonged to Nevill's family. He couldn't have wanted to give it to Julie if he intended to flog it. Why should it not be kept in the family? I'd have paid for it, rather than let it go.

June had specified it go to JB and SC

Offline Caroline

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2018, 11:39:20 PM »

Why? He wanted then destroyed in the cremation, why is it weird that June's sister wanted to keep the ring?

Offline APRIL

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2018, 07:08:18 AM »

That would have worked well, wouldn't it? Two people owning the same item of jewellery? Mmm. Still. Sheila's death settled ownership, but I imagine June would sooner Pam had it, than have it flogged.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2018, 07:09:13 AM »

That would have worked well, wouldn't it? Two people owning the same item of jewellery? Mmm. Still. Sheila's death settled ownership, but I imagine June would sooner Pam had it, than have it flogged.

if she'd sooner that she would have said so in her will.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2018, 07:10:51 AM »

so? she wanted it whether for herself or her mother. she was pre-ocuppied with that ! when 5 members of her family had been murdered! i still can't get my head round that , i would have been too stricken with grief to think of much

Offline APRIL

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2018, 07:51:21 AM »
if she'd sooner that she would have said so in her will.

IF it had crossed her mind for a single moment that her son -that's the same son that wanted her rings to go through the cremator- would want to flog them indiscriminately, rather than allow them to stay in the family, I feel certain she would. However, it doesn't explain how 2 people were going to own the same ring.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2018, 09:07:22 AM »
so? she wanted it whether for herself or her mother. she was pre-ocuppied with that ! when 5 members of her family had been murdered! i still can't get my head round that , i would have been too stricken with grief to think of much

So you would have failed to notice that everything your family had held dear -perhaps for generations, stories about them becoming part of family lore- was being sold off indiscriminately? Not only would I have noticed, I may have felt as if I was losing them a second time. I might have been more accepting, though, had I been given a reason for it and the chance -if immediate finances were needed- to put in some sort of offer rather than see them lost to the family forever.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2018, 12:51:14 PM »

Says who?