Author Topic: Apartment Key  (Read 26302 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Apartment Key
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2017, 10:11:09 AM »
Yet Sadie, not a jot of forensic evidence which has come to light, to show anyone else in the apartment.
So you must be thinking that the AA happened from a position outside the apartment then.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2017, 10:18:38 AM »
i think that Madeleine was carried out via the front door.

In by the front door and out thru the front door .... so easy and then she was passed over to Tannerman IMO.  Either Tannermman or the lifter (someone that Madeleine knew in case she woke up) pulled the front door closed using the key, so no finger prints.

IMO, The fact that when the lifter picked Madeleine up, her head would have been on his right arm, but the little girl carried by Tannerman had her head on his left arm indicates that there was a passing over of her from the one persion to the other.  However I accept that this is not proven (as far as we know) and it remains a theory.

With so many things pointing to the possibility that this theory is correct, it would , IMO, be a mistake to dismiss it as one half of this forum does. 

And I wonder why? £5%4%
12kg to 16kg, assuming she was petite.

If you don't have a bad back, note one litre of water is one kg.  So all you need is 2 x 6 litre bottles.  Or 3 x 5 litre bottles.

If you manage that lot, I'm willing to consider Tannerman in a crane pose with 12 to 16kg in his hands.

Otherwise it is a no.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2017, 10:26:01 AM »
Sadie - you say "In by the front door and out thru the front door .... so easy and then she was passed over to Tannerman IMO.  Either Tannermman or the lifter (someone that Madeleine knew in case she woke up) pulled the front door closed using the key, so no finger prints." 

So the intruder would have to have a key?  Doesn't that suggest a local connection? If Madeleine was targeted the AA would have trouble getting a key if wasn't local.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2017, 10:29:22 AM »
So you must be thinking that the AA happened from a position outside the apartment then.

Sorry Rob, I don't believe in the A.A.  scenario.

Likewise i don't see the case being solved either.

Bar a confession.

IMHO of course.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2017, 11:43:52 AM »

Bar a confession.

IMHO of course.

I agree re confession or someone breaking ranks...

I think the PJ missed the chance to put fear into the Tapas Group by arresting them seprately, and interviewing them seperately... it could have flagged up something interesting, and a possible break up of the group to speak freely, and the chance to back away from being charged with something and having their other children taken from them in the UK.

They were treated very differently, they got to attend police meetings etc - un heard of apparently. The more they worked the crowd with their AA story the more they became untochable. all in my opinion ofcourse.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2017, 11:44:55 AM »

Bar a confession.

IMHO of course.

you might not but it seems both SY and the portuguese do

Offline barrier

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »
So the intruder would have to have a key?  Doesn't that suggest a local connection? If Madeleine was targeted the AA would have trouble getting a key if wasn't local.

Its clear from OG ruling out a burglary gone wrong no local's were involved imo.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2017, 12:01:45 PM »
Its clear from OG ruling out a burglary gone wrong no local's were involved imo.

Indeed and with A huge life changing sum on offer at the begining, it was so strange no one came forward. I feel sure the local 'hoods' would have been contacted  by the police, to put out feelers for bits of information as they do in this country. Some times there is plea barganing as protected witness.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 04:45:40 PM by John »

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2017, 02:26:17 PM »
8()-000( 8**8:/:

They whole key issue is to try an make fit a scenario where there is no blame on the parents for leaving their children alone, in an unlocked apartment,
 but an intruder/s entered the apartment via:
 shutters-window
someone got a key made
someone stole a key
someone used a key- staff?

can we rule out a chimney?

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 04:43:20 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2017, 02:27:49 PM »

They whole key issue is to try an make fit a scenario where there is no blame on the parents for leaving their children alone, in an unlocked apartment,
 shutters-window
someone got a key made
someone stole a key

the key issue is to get to the truth...you are wrong to think some of us simply want to protect the mccanns

Offline John

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »

shutters-window
someone got a key made
someone stole a key

I don't think we can involve Santa Claus but Walt Disney could tell a few tales.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2017, 03:00:57 PM »
There is mention of the key in the statements and it wasn't a standard (Yale) key.

Had you read my posts properly you would realise that I was aware of that.
The issue I have is:
The frigging unit is a bog standard combo dead bolt and spring catch common all over the world
The dead bolt may be operated by varying locks. This one is a cruciform lock, as common as muck in Europe but the average person on this forum judging by ccomments, thinks such locks are rare having somekind of voodoo properties and deliberately fitted in properties in Portugal for nefarious reasons.
The spring catch is no different from any other external spring catch but because most people only look at spring catches on their sitting room doors have no idea of what an external spring catch looks like and how it is fabricated to comply with the standards; again the thinking seems to be it has magical properties because "I have never seen one like that before"
The facts in this instance are:
Provided MM could operate the thumb slide on the spring catch she could leave the apartment.
Unless the the spring catch were held permanently in the disengaged position she could have been locked out.
If a double cylinder anti-lock out lock operated the dead bolt, these are as common as muck throughout the world especially used on accommodation for vulnerable people. If one was fitted then a cleaner could gain access even you had if you had stuffed the key in the lock on the inside cos that's 'ow the bleedin' thing's supposed to work innit? If there isn't a double cylinder lock fitted then the tales of the cleaner etc are hookey.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline John

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2017, 03:26:20 PM »
The door latch is designed not to allow the door to blow shut and lock yourself out without the key.  To close the door from the outside you need the key.  So if Madeleine left by the front door she only had to pull the latch open and leave.  But the door could not be shut behind her.  So if it was shut properly when Kate did her check someone had closed it from the inside after Madeleine had left.  That sequence is pretty dam important.

No so Robby.  Anyone leaving by the front door simply pulled it shut. To double lock it while inside required the bar to be slid across.   We don't know if the double lock was engaged on the night Madeleine disappeared.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:31:31 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2017, 04:35:16 PM »
Indeed and with A huge life changing sum on offer at the begining, it was so strange no one came forward. I feel sure the local 'hoods' would have been contacted  by the police, to put out feelers for bits of information as they do in this country. Some times there is plea barganing as protected witness.

Re the laundry. Cuddle cat, pink blanket should have been offered up even to the UK police over there.

It is really strange that the 'planned AA' left the childs favorite toy on a shelf his/her DNA would have been all over it. I wonder why Kate carried it everywhere, until it got too smelly, and HAD to be washed...

I agree wrt the huge reward originally offered. Had there been the teeniest knowledge about her whereabouts I'm sure that information would have winged its way to the authorities.  That is indeed the reason why Jenny Murat went to the bother to set up an information desk, where locals could inform without the risk of Bering exploited by the police.  Nobody came forward then and not now, ten years later, which tends to point in one direction.

Offline John

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2017, 04:57:11 PM »
A reminder, the topic is 'Apartment key'.