Author Topic: Pensioner held on suspicion of murdering 'burglar'.  (Read 2133 times)

Offline John

Pensioner held on suspicion of murdering 'burglar'.
« on: April 05, 2018, 01:47:28 AM »
Pensioner held on suspicion of murdering 'burglar'.

Two men allegedly broke into a property in southeast London, with one wounded in a struggle and later died in hospital.

The pensioner arrested on suspicion of murdering a suspected burglar in his home is 78-year-old Richard Osborn-Brooks, Sky sources say.

Police were called to a house in Hither Green, southeast London, at 12.45am to reports of a break-in in progress.

Osborn-Brooks had found two men inside his home.

There were initial reports Osborn-Brooks was forced into the kitchen by one of the suspects armed with a screwdriver while the other went upstairs.

Police said that, during a struggle, a 38-year-old man found inside the property sustained a stab injury to his upper body.

He was discovered collapsed nearby and taken to hospital but died soon after 3.30am.

A man who lives on the road where the stabbed man was found described hearing a man on the street "moaning and groaning".

He said: "At first I thought he was drunk, but when I looked out of the window, I saw a white Vauxhall Astra van pulled up beside him.

"A black man was saying to the guy on the ground, 'Come on, get in the van'. He was trying to drag him but it wasn't working. The black guy then looked up to my window and saw me looking out, so he ran back into the van and drove off north.

"My wife then heard the clang of metal on the ground and saw him throw something out of the van's window. I went downstairs straight away and was the first on the scene.

"The man on the ground was white and was bleeding heavily from his chest through his shirt.

"People have been talking about a screwdriver but this wasn't a screwdriver wound - this was a knife. The wound was an inch long. I think that it was a knife and I think from what my partner said that the black guy pulled it out and threw it away."

Another resident, who was woken by flashing ambulance lights, said he saw the injured man stripped of his clothes as up to eight paramedics attempted to save his life.

Police initially arrested Osborn-Brooks on suspicion of grievous bodily harm but they have since rearrested him on suspicion of murder.

A Met Police statement said: "The homeowner suffered bruising to his arms. His injuries are not life threatening.

"He was taken to a south London police station where he remains at this time.

"The second suspect in the burglary fled the scene prior to police arrival and is still at large."

One neighbour, who asked not to be named, said he knew Osborn-Brooks.

"He's been retired for 26 years. I did some building work on his house a while ago, but I haven't seen him for about three weeks," said the neighbour.

Another neighbour told the Press Association there had been a recent spate of burglaries in the area.

Lewisham Councillor Mark Ingleby said residents had previously installed their own security gates to block off a collection of alleyways in the area which were exacerbating the burglary problem.

Resident Adam Lake, who said he didn't feel safe in the area and had put up CCTV in his own home, said: "I feel terrible for the man that was burgled.

"He doesn't deserve to be punished for defending himself, and the neighbours that I've spoken to all agree that the priority needs to be to support him after everything that he's been through. He was just protecting himself after all."

The dead man's next of kin have been informed but formal identification is yet to take place.

A post mortem examination is expected to take place in the next few days.

https://news.sky.com/story/pensioner-held-after-man-stabbed-during-burglary-11316275
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

Re: Pensioner held on suspicion of murdering 'burglar'.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 02:42:35 PM »
The old guys are hero in my opinion, these robbing b........s deserve all they get.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 06:42:14 PM »
I've just seen Joseph Kotrie-Monson give his "expert opinion" on TV; yet more irony and hypocrisy, https://insidetime.org/honesty-no-longer-the-best-policy-4/   *&^^&
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 06:51:43 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 10:08:27 AM »
It is being claimed that the police have lost control of parts of London as some areas have effectively been turned into no-go areas.  This is the inevitable consequence of uncontrolled immigration to London and can surely only get worse as time goes on unless action is taken now.

People are being forced to defend there own property as police numbers are constantly cut.  London mayor Sadiq Khan denies this but then he would do.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:10:58 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 03:51:19 PM »
Good news that the pensioner was later released on police bail which is procedure while the CPS decide whether he will be prosecuted.  Common sense will prevail hopefully and this man will be exonerated and properly compensated.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 08:11:48 PM »
Good news that the pensioner was later released on police bail which is procedure while the CPS decide whether he will be prosecuted.  Common sense will prevail hopefully and this man will be exonerated and properly compensated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43676359
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline John