Author Topic: New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.  (Read 67773 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.
« Reply #285 on: November 27, 2019, 07:40:51 PM »
John Fernie does not claim he read the ransom note.

Now that I propose there was another note left, the second note may have been written in larger writing that made it clearer and easily to read through a glass door at 6:00 AM in the morning.
I think it would be physically impossible to read the ransom note through a glass door.
"Transcript Testimony of John Fernie" http://www.acandyrose.com/06132001fernietestimony.htm  8 pages of links to the court transcripts.

John Fernie does not say who talked to him prior to going the Ramseys. (page 3)
John Fernie does not quote any part of the note he saw to confirm it was the same as the ransom note.
In testimony he says he saw "a piece of paper"  not 3 pieces of paper laid side by side on the floor.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 05:11:57 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #286 on: November 27, 2019, 10:48:39 PM »
What is known about John Fernie?

1.  http://pricekscience.weebly.com/uploads/1/1/0/0/11007001/jonbent_ramsey.pdf  " The note suggested that the ransom collection would be monitored and JonBenét would be returned as soon as the money was obtained. John Ramsey made arrangements for the availability of the ransom, which a friend, John Fernie, picked up that morning from a local bank." 

IMO Not many say the money was taken to the Ramsey house. 

« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 05:13:10 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #287 on: November 27, 2019, 10:54:57 PM »
Hello - I have just found Patsy Ramsey referring to a room as the "Patio Room"

"PR: And I uh, screamed for John. He was up in our bedroom still and he came running down and uh, I told him that there was a note that said she had been kidnapped. And uh, uh, I think he, he said, I said, ‘What should I do. What should I do,’ or something and he said, ‘Call the police,’ and I think somewhere, I remember I said something about, you know, check Burke or something and I think he ran back and checked burke and I ran back down the stairs and then he came downstairs. He was just in his underwear and he uh, took the note and I remember him being down hunched on the floor read, with all three pages out like that reading it and uh, and he said, ‘Call 911’ or ‘Call the police,’ or something and then I did. I called them and uh, and then I called the Whites and the Fernies and told them that she had been kidnapped or said come over quickly or something and they came over and the policeman came and uh, then the Whites and the Fernies were there and uh . . .Oh, I think the policeman was asking, you know, he kind of like, I think he kind of got us (inaudible) in the sun room or something.
TT: Okay.
PR: That little room, patio room. . .
TT: Um hum.
PR: . . .off the living room and trying to calm us down or something and uh, I think, I think John uh, by that time read and, that they wanted money or something and, and uh, he, I think he had called uh, Rod Westmoreland, our friend and our stock broker in Atlanta."

On the floor plans the little room off the living room is called the "solarium"  Has this room got a glass pane door?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 10:57:46 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #288 on: November 28, 2019, 01:56:23 AM »
But that seems like the most unlikely place for someone to come and read a note.  That room is not near the kitchen as John Fernie had described it.  - the problem still persists.

It isn't even computing in Patsy's brain as she is trying to recount the story:

"TT: Okay. Do you remember which ones you called first. Who called. Who did you call first?
PR: I, I don’t exactly. I think I called the Whites first, but I can’t remember exactly.
TT: Who did you talk to at the White’s house?
PR: Pricilla, I think.
TT: Okay. Do you remember what you told her about what was going on?
PR: Not, I mean, I was just hysterical. I think I, I probably told her that she had been, JonBenet had been kidnapped. And uh, to come over and . . .
TT: Then you called the Fernies.
PR: Fernies.
TT: And who did you talk to at the Fernie house?
PR: Uh, I think I talked to John. I think I talked to John.
PR: (Inaudible) I don’t remember. I don’t remember. I think John Fernie got there first, before Barbara, but I don’t remember who answered the phone really.
TT: Okay. So John runs upstairs, gets dressed. You’re already dressed. Who’s the first person that comes in the front door. Who’s the first person that comes in the front door. Who’s the first person that makes it over to your house.
PR: Uh, well. The policeman.
TT: Okay. The policeman arrives.
TT: Who, who all was, where was John at the time that the officer arrived?
PR: Oh, I don’t I don’t know. I remember I, I don’t know where he was. I walked out onto the front step there and I was just, I was just kind of out of it. I was hysterical."

You can see the problem she is having.  If she talked to the Whites first then to Fernies how did John Fernie get there quite so quickly?  OK she is hysterical but the laws of physics say that it is impossible.

It needs to be investigated. 

Patsy says "PR: It seemed like they got there pretty quick."   

Fleet and Priscilla,
John and Barbara Fernie.
Linda Hoffman house keeper.

And where is the ransom note?

"TT: Okay. And the note was on, the note was on the floor and John was reading it when you called the police. Is that right?
PR: When I was calling the police. Yeah, he, it was on the floor there in that back hall.
TT: Okay. And you don’t recall who laid the note down there.
PR: Right."

« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 05:21:00 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #289 on: November 28, 2019, 02:52:55 AM »
There certainly is something wrong about the situation.

They were going to catch the plane to fly to Michigan at 7:00 it was about 5:45  when she came down for coffee. 
She didn't seem to know where all the gift wrapped presents for the other two older kids were.

Patsy seems surprised that some of the presents were in the basement.  If they had such a tight schedule you'd think all the presents would be in one place.

"PR: We were going to the lake the 26th.
PR: Michigan. And I had Melinda’s and Stewart’s and John Andrew’s.
TT: Okay. Those were the presents that were down in the cellar still?
PR: Uh. There were probably were some down there.
PR: I don’t know when you mean down still.
TT: Um, on the 26th there was still some presents downstairs.
PR: When, uh, I was, if there were I don’t remember, I had them kind of. . .
TT: Kind of all over the place?
PR: . . .you know, all over, yeah. And I had, uh, I know I had a (Lego?) set down there that I had gotten for Burke’s birthday which was in January, so I. . ."

TT seems to speak for Patsy a bit too much IMO.

I tend to think this might actually be a clue.  Were those presents taken down to the basement  by Jonbenet and the kidnapper?  Is this how she was enticed to go away from her bedroom?

Patsy's answers seem so uncertain on these points.

She was asked about how the other kids felt about having Christmas on the 26th.    "They had their toys there" was she talking about the grown adults?

"ST: And was everybody on this same page about going to Charlevoix as far as uh, willing and wanting to go. There was no dissention in the ranks that, I don’t want to go or she doesn’t want to go. Everybody was looking forward to this trip?
PR: Well, I mean, we were. I wasn’t real crazy about going cause I just thought it was cramming a lot of stuff in there, you know, I told John I didn’t really want to go. I’d rather, cause, Christmas, going to Charlevoix, then going to, it just seemed like a lot, you know, but then we decided as a family to go and, you know, been looking forward to it. We never had Christmas up there before so I called the florist and had them put up lights and a wreath and flowers and all that cause Melinda and Stewart were coming up and John Andrew.
ST: How did the kid feel about, I mean, Christmas is the 25th, they just get all the presents, get everything opened up, get to playing and all of a sudden the 26th they’re, they got to take off to Charlevoix. How do . . .
PR: Oh, the little kids?
ST: Yeah, how did they feel about that?
PR: Oh, they, they would have loved it. They love theta cause they have toys up there, you know, they love it up there."

I think the idea of having a second Christmas so far away, and for such a short period, would have seemed more like punishment to the the older kids.  I wonder what was going on behind the scenes.

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2013/01/ramsey-police-interview-no-analysis.html

The interview date is noted:  "... for the record, uh, let me state today is Wednesday, April 30. 1997."

« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 05:19:30 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #290 on: November 28, 2019, 03:04:00 AM »
Did the Fernies still have the key to the Ramsey's house?

""PR (Coughing, response unknown) Excuse me. Uh, my cleaning lady had a key, Linda. The Barnhills I believe actually gave two keys, because I had given her one and she couldn’t find it. I think I gave them another one? Uh, Barbara Fernie had one at one time, I’m not sure. I think I might have gotten that back from her. Priscilla had one I believe. Uh ..."

There is a bit of uncertainty there.
Moderation

Offline Myster

« Reply #291 on: November 28, 2019, 06:39:59 AM »
Hello - I have just found Patsy Ramsey referring to a room as the "Patio Room"

"PR: And I uh, screamed for John. He was up in our bedroom still and he came running down and uh, I told him that there was a note that said she had been kidnapped. And uh, uh, I think he, he said, I said, ‘What should I do. What should I do,’ or something and he said, ‘Call the police,’ and I think somewhere, I remember I said something about, you know, check Burke or something and I think he ran back and checked burke and I ran back down the stairs and then he came downstairs. He was just in his underwear and he uh, took the note and I remember him being down hunched on the floor read, with all three pages out like that reading it and uh, and he said, ‘Call 911’ or ‘Call the police,’ or something and then I did. I called them and uh, and then I called the Whites and the Fernies and told them that she had been kidnapped or said come over quickly or something and they came over and the policeman came and uh, then the Whites and the Fernies were there and uh . . .Oh, I think the policeman was asking, you know, he kind of like, I think he kind of got us (inaudible) in the sun room or something.
PR: That little room, patio room. . .
PR: . . .off the living room and trying to calm us down or something and uh, I think, I think John uh, by that time read and, that they wanted money or something and, and uh, he, I think he had called uh, Rod Westmoreland, our friend and our stock broker in Atlanta."

On the floor plans the little room off the living room is called the "solarium"  Has this room got a glass pane door?

Yes, here... https://youtu.be/ZQV-amyVl7c?t=4
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #292 on: November 28, 2019, 10:46:43 AM »
"Transcript Testimony of John Fernie" http://www.acandyrose.com/06132001fernietestimony.htm  8 pages of links to the court transcripts.

John Fernie does not say who talked to him prior to going the the Ramseys. (page 3)
John Fernie does not quote any part of the note he saw to confirm it was the same as the ransom note.
In testimony he says he saw "a piece of paper"  not 3 pieces of paper laid side by side on the floor.
Look at this acandyrose had told us all along that another note had been found!
http://www.acandyrose.com/06132001fernietestimony.htm

"John Fernie: "My recollection is that later in the day, when we were waiting for phone calls from the supposed kidnappers, we were sitting in the back room with a detective and trying to figure out what the note meant. And there was a copy of the note. I don't know if it was the note, or a copy of the note, actually."

During the testimony, John Fernie stated he was not given a copy of the note."

Does he mean a different handwritten note, or a photocopy of the original ransom note?

That comes from the "Deposition of John Fernie - actual transcript"  found here https://www.reddit.com/r/JonBenet/comments/dzjmr0/deposition_of_john_fernie_actual_transcript/

For the greater part of the day Linda Arndt was the only detective there.  Does she mention discussing the ransom note?
a copy of her notes is found here https://juror13lw.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/linda-arndt-jan-8-1997-report.pdf

Page 10 of the document tells us about Linda Arndt discussing the copy of the ransom note.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 11:21:54 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #293 on: November 28, 2019, 05:38:06 PM »
Are we seeing evidence of corruption here? 

I still can't get over John Fernie saying he was asked to go to the  Ramsey's at the behest of a Ramsey family member!  I must get the exact quote.
Behest - I don't think that means a direct request.  It seems a very old fashioned word TBH.

http://www.acandyrose.com/06132001fernietestimony.htm

Google definition:
behest

noun LITERARY
a person's orders or command."

So a behest can be passed down a chain of command.  Patsy may have rang Barbara and Barbara rang John and gave him the order to go to the Ramsey's house.

But surely if he had that order direct from Patsy he would say Patsy, so why did he say "family member".  "Family member" includes the likes of Burke, Melinda and John Andrew.

The actual situation was that the lawyer was asking him the question:
From https://www.reddit.com/r/JonBenet/comments/dzjmr0/deposition_of_john_fernie_actual_transcript/

"Q. (By Mr. Lozow) Mr. Fernie, did you have occasion to come to the Ramsey home in the early hours, I believe December 26th, at the behest of one of the members of the Ramsey family?

A. Yes."

Fernie says "yes" but is not asked who that person was giving the order or the person passing on the order to John Fernie, but it is accepted as originating from (behest) "one of the members of the Ramsey family".

The time of that behest is not made clear either.  Saying "early hours of the 26th" could be anytime after midnight through to 6:00 AM when he says he arrived at the Ramseys.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:20:08 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #294 on: November 29, 2019, 12:12:58 AM »
Are we seeing evidence of corruption here?  It would have to be something said in a conversation that really doesn't make sense.
Every thing I know about this case will be on this site.  Maybe that will be enough to keep me safe.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #295 on: November 29, 2019, 12:24:56 AM »
This poster just about mirrors my thoughts. 
There is just too much unknown to break that mystery.  We'll just have to keep it in mind and maybe we'll stumble across the answer one day.

"PMPT pb, pg 44:

"At 6:00 A.M. the telephone awakened Cliff Gaston. It was Patsy Ramsey. Priscilla took the call, and within minutes the White's were dressed and on their way to the Ramsey's house. When they arrived, the police and John Fernie were already there."

By car the Whites live 2 minutes away from the Ramseys.

By car the Fernies live 23 minutes away from the Ramseys.

Patsy had called 911 at 5:52 A.M. She then immediately called the Fernies and the Whites in that order.

John Fernie, a developer, lives at the Shanahan Ridge development on Table Mesa, below the foothills. How did John Fernie, after taking the call from Patsy, manage to get dressed, drive to the Ramsey house, and get there before Fleet White?

Was John Fernie already on the road when Patsy called him? Had he taken the call by cell phone? And if so, WHY was he on the road so early in the morning on the day after Christmas. Had he already been to the Ramsey house earlier that morning -- perhaps to retrieve Little Luke from the disaster unfolding at the Ramseys house and take him home, and was on his way back to the Ramsey's when the call from Patsy came in notifying him she had called the cops and it was okay for him to return? Or was he already on the road for some other reason?

(Those missing cell phone records for the month of December would have likely told one helluva interesting story.)"
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #296 on: November 29, 2019, 12:33:25 AM »
One poster even proposed that Patsy had called 911 twice. 

"I remember there were 2 calls placed (I think this was mentioned in a deposition, but cannot recall who's it was). The first where Patsy calls, says "Oh my God" hangs up and then calls right back. I know I read this, even commented on it at the time. I will try to find it." 

Is that true Kim Archuletta? 
This certainly could happen in the "New Theory".  Did the kidnapper alert the emergency system even before Patsy made her call?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #297 on: November 29, 2019, 01:16:11 AM »
""Fernie seemed to recall that someone, John Ramsey he thought, had said that the doors to the home had been checked the previous evening and that all had been dead-bolted and securely locked. Ramsey had checked the doors again that morning to be certain that JonBenét had not gotten out of the house. At one point that morning, the time uncertain, but as police were processing the scene, Fernie reported that a draft was coming through the house, and he located the source: the door on the north side of the house by the Butler Pantry was standing open, and he shut it." from "Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?" by A. James Kolar"

Bloody odd to say the least.  How any door could be found open after the police and JR had checked.   OK I explain that by saying at least one of the kidnappers was still on the site when the police first arrived and left afterwards.
How do you explain it?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 07:17:50 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #298 on: November 29, 2019, 10:40:21 AM »
From https://www.reddit.com/r/JonBenet/comments/dzjmr0/deposition_of_john_fernie_actual_transcript/

The lawyer Mr. Lozow is questioning John Fernie:
"Q. Okay. Now the document that you picked up, did that prove to be what has been designated as the Ramsey kidnapping note, or the note involved in this homicide investigation?"

Had Fernie ever claimed he picked up the document he had seen moments before on the other side of the door?

Not only that but that question seems to be asking which note this was.  Was it this one OR that one?

Was the document you saw (or picked up)
a. was it the document that "has been designated as the Ramsey kidnapping note",
OR
b. was it the document that has been designated "the note involved in this homicide investigation"?

Was this really a choice between two items?

There was no answer from Fernie to this question as Fernie says he was on the other side of the window.

But in his testimony he seems to have forgotten he has been admitted into the house.  " And so I ran around to the front of the house and knocked on the door and was let in."  He was now "in", so wouldn't he now go and pick up the note he had previously seen through the glass door?

In my opinion he would.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 10:44:04 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #299 on: November 29, 2019, 11:29:21 AM »
https://youtu.be/2q8YkikAoSk?t=729  Takes a tour from the Butler Kitchen into the stairs going to the basement.
Moderation