Author Topic: What went wrong with the McCann Case - the Grime Report.  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Robittybob1

What went wrong with the McCann Case - the Grime Report.
« on: September 15, 2017, 08:54:08 PM »
I have just had an interim communication with a Portuguese language interpreter and she has said the most interesting thing that has been discovered about this case yet.

Copied dialogue:
Robittybob:
Grime was English so you see his report as he wrote it. Did they not translate it correctly into Portuguese?

Laura Rachana: "I'm going to review it. I don' t know. What I do know for having spent the majority of my life as a professional legal translator (and I still own a translation company) is that when you get more than one translator in the job it can come out as a Frankenstein that's how we call it. Another thing is that being fluent in both languages is not enough. There are lot of technicalities to translations, especially those concerning fidelity. And to be safe, besides reviewing one's own work, best of all is to bring in somebody else to further review a work. Translators are prone to failure as every other human being. It is a heck of a lot of work. But I'll do it. For so far I've come across "loose" originals that simply do not match the translations rendered."

Does this mean Goncalo Amaral and the rest of the PJ did not have a true translation of the Grime report?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:13:49 PM by Slartibartfast »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

Re: What went wrong with the McCann Case - the Grime Report.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 09:19:03 PM »
Who knows ?

Does it mean that the McCann translations are equally flawed ?
And then what about the translation of files done by OG - are they flawed?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 09:42:06 PM »
Who knows ?

Does it mean that the McCann translations are equally flawed ?
And then what about the translation of files done by OG - are they flawed?
I think you have misunderstood what I meant.  When we read the Martin Grimes report in the PJ files we are reading the original and not the translation of the original that the PJ was working with.  It will be interesting to see what Laura presents in the end whether it is a written translation to compare or not.  She isn't working for me. It will be up to her.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 09:42:56 PM »
I get the impression that in Rob's eyes, the only flaws are the ones which don't favour the Mccann's.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 09:45:51 PM »
I think you have misunderstood what I meant.  When we read the Martin Grimes report in the PJ files we are reading the original and not the translation of the original that the PJ was working with.  It will be interesting to see what Laura presents in the end whether it is a written translation to compare or not.  She isn't working for me. It will be up to her.

Yes, but the principle is the same. If the McCanns translated Portuguese documents into English, how certain can they be of their accuracy.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 09:47:45 PM »
Yes, but the principle is the same. If the McCanns translated Portuguese documents into English, how certain can they be of their accuracy.

Well SY had them translated and came up with some burglars so who knows what is accurate.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 09:56:04 PM »
Well they could at least compare the translations they have paid for with the ones in the McCann PJ files http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRANSLATIONS.htm

These aren't translated by the McCanns but translated independently of them.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:06:14 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 10:07:26 PM »
Well SY had them translated and came up with some burglars so who knows what is accurate.
That will be from the files we are not privy to.
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 10:15:16 PM »
As I have said previously, translation errors are a two edged sword. Just as likely to be harmful to an individual as beneficial.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline sadie

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 10:39:28 PM »
That didn't come from a translator, it came from a person who wisely suggested it to OG.

It seems that maybe it is wrong but time will tell, hopefully

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 10:42:53 PM »
That didn't come from a translator, it came from a person who wisely suggested it to OG.

Barrier says unusual things at times.
Moderation

Offline barrier

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 10:52:47 PM »

Then in that case they wasted their time,because its not been furthered.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 05:38:55 AM »
I get the impression that in Rob's eyes, the only flaws are the ones which don't favour the Mccann's.
Look at this stage we have only the early indication that the translation that the PJ had of the Grimes report has errors.  I can't say and I have not said whether these are favourable to the McCanns or not.  I feel a little picked on by your remark Stephen.  Just hold on until we get more information please.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 07:35:13 AM »

If OG were so lacking in ideas that they took their 'lines of inquiry' from an internet pundit who has made unfounded accusations against named people (in my opinion) they should hang their heads in shame.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0