Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber passed a lie detector test in prison - discuss  (Read 13246 times)

Offline Tim Invictus

Jeremy Bamber passed a lie detector test in prison - discuss
« on: March 12, 2012, 01:43:18 PM »
I see that Teskowski has yet again brought that Jeremy Bamber passed a lie detactor test in prison and thought the subject deserved a thread here.

If you read Tesko's post today you will notice he states of Bamber:

He has passed conclusively the lie detector test. He has been in jail 7872 today of what can only be modestly described as ‘unlawful custody’.

Bamber has actually been in prison 9662 days today (of lawful imprisonment). This is proof positive that Tesko just recycles old rubbish to make his forum look busy! This is his post from 1778 days ago he is pretending is new but he forgot to change the day count!  @)(++(*

As for lie detector tests: They are not admissable in court for a very good reason; they are not accurate. If they were then Ted Bundy would have failed his tests .... he passed too! Furthermore who monitored these tests carried out by Bamber's chosen operator; where is the proof he even passed one of these flawed tests?

It's not evidence!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:32:23 PM by John »

Offline Admin

Re: Jeremy Bamber passed a lie detector test in prison - discuss
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 02:15:33 PM »
I see that Teskowski has yet again brought that Jeremy Bamber passed a lie detactor test in prison and thought the subject deserved a thread here.

If you read Tesko's post today you will notice he states of Bamber:

He has passed conclusively the lie detector test. He has been in jail 7872 today of what can only be modestly described as ‘unlawful custody’.

Bamber has actually been in prison 9662 days today (of lawful imprisonment). This is proof positive that Tesko just recycles old rubbish to make his forum look busy! This is his post from 1778 days ago he is pretending is new but he forgot to change the day count!  @)(++(*

As for lie detector tests: They are not admissable in court for a very good reason; they are not accurate. If they were then Ted Bundy would have failed his tests .... he passed too! Furthermore who monitored these tests carried out by Bamber's chosen operator; where is the proof he even passed one of these flawed tests?

It's not evidence!

Well spotted Tim, we were suspicious that he was doing that as he does seems to recycle his arguments rather a lot.

On the lie detector test, does anyone know if a test conducted some 20 years AFTER an event has a bearing on the validity of such a test.  Our argument would be that Bamber has talked himself into believing that he didn't slay his family so now he believes it implicitly.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 01:03:25 AM »
Mike Tesko, Roach and many other of Bamber's supporters put so much strore on the fact that Bamber supposedly passed a polygraph test (wrong described as a lie detector test). I thought I would do some research into the accuracy of such tests and have found that the most serious research on the subject rejects polvgraphs as accurate lie detectors:

Most psychologists agree that there is little evidence that polygraph tests can accurately detect lies. These are not my words but rather a statement by the highly respected American Psychological Association.

Link: http://www.apa.org/research/action/polygraph.aspx

I can't find any serious research that supports any accuracy for polygraph tests. 

Offline starryian

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »
In 2007, Jeremy Bamber convincingly passed a lie detector test conducted by Terry Mullins, an expert in the field. Asked a series of twelve questions including “Did you shoot your family on 7 August 1985?”, “Did you hide a rifle silencer in a cupboard after shooting your family?” and “Did PC Berry radio in a report of seeing someone in an upstairs window around 4am on the morning of the shooting?”, Bamber gave answers that indicated his innocence and affirmed the sighting, and no indices of deception were apparent in the results recorded by the polygraph.

But despite its notoriety as a ruthless instrument of detection, the polygraph test has almost no credibility within the scientific community. The ability of such a device to accurately assess the truthfulness of answers is in reality little better than chance, relegating the science of polygraphy to the level of astrology and tarot cards. What’s more, the technique is particularly ineffective when applied to individuals with [ censored word]ocial/psychopathic personality disorders, tendencies which are often displayed by people who kill deliberately. Gary Ridgway, the man convicted on the basis of DNA evidence (and later his own confession) as Utah’s Green River killer, passed a polygraph with flying colours at an early stage of the investigation. Conversely, Bill Wegerle, an innocent man, failed two separate tests after coming under suspicion of the murders.
Elated after receiving the results of his 2007 polygraph test, Bamber told the Daily Mirror “I didn’t do it, I couldn’t have done it, I wouldn’t have done it.”

But he could have done it, seemingly would have done it and very probably did do it. 8((()*/

Starryian..

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »
Lie detectors have no place in the courts system, Bamber can pay whoever he wishes to do whatever tests he wishes for him, but it isn't going to even be considered slight evidence by those with open eyes.

Lie detectors are best saved for Jeremy Kyle, not kiddie killers.

Offline starryian

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 05:59:58 PM »
Lie detectors have no place in the courts system, Bamber can pay whoever he wishes to do whatever tests he wishes for him, but it isn't going to even be considered slight evidence by those with open eyes.

Here, here! 8@??)(
Starryian..

Offline sika

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 06:12:40 PM »

Quite frankly I am sick to the back teeth of hearing about polygraph tests.  They are bullshit, end of!

On a slightly different tack, well done to Marie27, whoever SHE is! I particularly enjoyed the farewell message to Roach.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 06:55:05 PM »

Here, here! 8@??)(
Here, here  8@??)(

Only an idiot would keep twittering on about polygraph tests when the slightest bit of research shows they are next to meaningless ... take note Roach!

Offline John

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »

Exactly Mat, a junk science if there ever was one.  The way I see it is that the Polygraph is used to scare suspects into confessing.  You only need to look at the Adrian Prout case where his girlfriend Debbie Garlick pushed him into taking one and we all know what happened next.  HE CONFESSED!

The Jeremy Kyle Show is just that, a show.  It does not represent reality in respect of polygraph machines.  The machine does not determine if someone is telling lies or not, that dubious responsibility is afforded to the muppet running the test.  I wouldn't like to put my credibility on the line on the basis of some idiot out to scrounge a fast buck using this fake science.  At the end of the day a polygraph cannot recognise sweaty palms, agitation, failed eye contact, facial blushes or a twitching eyebrow, all signs that a lie is being told.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

only me

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 07:19:44 PM »

I (unfortunately) know someone who was on Jeremy Kyle, and ironically, the lie detector got it wrong there as well. They're about as accurate as predicting someone's criminality from the shape of their face.

Offline starryian

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 05:36:44 PM »

Quite frankly I am sick to the back teeth of hearing about polygraph tests.  They are bullshit, end of!

On a slightly different tack, well done to Marie27, whoever SHE is! I particularly enjoyed the farewell message to Roach.
Me too........... 8((()*/
Starryian..

Offline adam

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 09:54:39 PM »
Threads have been created on this in the Blue forum.

It is easy to pass a lie detector test. Especially for someone like Jeremy.

The whole set up would have been by his lawyers.

All in all it was another cheap stunt for the media. 

Offline guinness

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 01:42:30 PM »
What are the special qualities in particular that you think he has to pass this test?

Because it seems he blurts out his confessions to his girlfriend - so I am confused now?

Offline adam

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 07:56:56 PM »
Well there are lots of internet articles about how easy it is to pass lie detectors.

A pychiatrist working for the defence said Bamber showed the classic signs of being a psychopath. In his case able to blank out his actions altogether.

Twenty nine years later and it will be even easier. Bamber probably has no guilt or remorse. So will be able to be calm during a test.

Offline John

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 03:19:11 PM »
Lie detectors are a junk science at the moment and only reflect physiological changes in the subjects body.  These changes can be caused by numerous stimuli so claiming that they can detect lies is a nonsense.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.