Author Topic: René Hasée (6) - The boy who has never been found after 17 years.  (Read 101715 times)

Offline John

As the world marked another anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a couple in Germany will be remembering their six-year-old son who went missing in the Algarve almost 17 years ago.

René Hasée, who was six, disappeared from the Amoreira beach near Aljezur on 19 June1996.  His mother, Anita, a 37-year-old postal worker who was on holiday with her partner Peter and René, told a German newspaper at the time, “We had just eaten something and gone down to the beach.”  It was around 6pm and she said Renè was around 30 metres in front of her when “suddenly our son disappeared as if he had been swallowed by the earth. She immediately notified the local police, who, she claimed at the time, were not very interested and did not bother to search for René, telling her he had probably drowned.  However, this recollection of events is not shared by a GNR agent who is still working at the Aljezur GNR branch.  He told The Resident that he remembers officers spending “day after day searching the beach for the child”. 

As with any other missing children cases, the file on René was sent to the Polícia Judiciária, said a GNR spokesman.  But the Lisbon headquarters of the criminal police have no record of René Hasée.  The missing people’s database in
digital format goes back to 1996, said the spokesman. “The name is not registered on the computer database and we have not found it in the paper entries.”  However, the spokesman said this does not mean the case is closed. “Sometimes, a case has to wait years until new information is found in connection with it and it is possible this is one of those cases,” said the spokesman.

The disappearance received no publicity in the Algarve and only limited media coverage at home in Germany.  But, as the world focuses on Madeleine McCann, we should also spare a thought for one German couple who even now, 17 years on, have not given up hope of finding their son.

German Missing Children
Telephone number: 0800 - 116 000
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:23:49 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Artists impression of what René may look like today.

René Hasée - MISSING

Almost 17 years ago a young family from Sindelsdorf, Germany, went on holiday to the Portuguese Algarve in their motor home.  One day after having eaten they walked down to the beach, René was about 20 feet ahead and suddenly he was gone!  They searched for him but in vain. The local police were immediately informed but no trace of René was ever found. 

Neither Interpol nor the German police were able to help the desperate parents. To date, Anita and Peter go once a year to the Algarve, to search for her son. René would be 23 years old now. René's grandmother Irmgard: "My daughter still dreams of René."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:25:16 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

registrar

Good luck René

wherever you are
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:25:41 AM by John »

Offline Carana

A thought indeed for this missing boy (now an adult if he's still out there somewhere).

Did he have an accident whilst his parents turned their backs or did someone snatch him?

His family needs to know.

The spelling of his name is odd... I doubt that it's correct.

AnneGuedes

I've never heard of shifting sands there.
I only know a beach called "Olhos de agua" (water eyes) with very small wells of freshwater that appear and disappear.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
A thought indeed for this missing boy (now an adult if he's still out there somewhere).

Did he have an accident whilst his parents turned their backs or did someone snatch him?

It is correct spelling of his name, Carana.

Also, seems the file is lost. According to report in 2008.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

AnneGuedes

René Hasée
The mother says he was in front of her and her partner and suddenly was like swallowed by the earth. What can one do with this kind of statement, along with the fact the mother pretends the police did nothing (of course denied by witnesses) ?

Offline Carana

It is correct spelling of his name, Carana.

Also, seems the file is lost. According to report in 2008.

I've seen that spelling on forums before concerning this child. But it still seems odd. His name sounds more French than German (which can happen in a mixed-nationality family), but the accents make no sense.

Offline Carana

René Hasée
The mother says he was in front of her and her partner and suddenly was like swallowed by the earth. What can one do with this kind of statement, along with the fact the mother pretends the police did nothing (of course denied by witnesses) ?

That spelling seems more likely.

I've no idea what happened to this little chap.

Offline Mr Gray

Do the PJ actually solve any crimes?

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
Re: René Hasée (6) - The boy who has never been found after 17 years.
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 09:12:47 PM »

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Redblossom

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »

What do you think? pls do provide statistics for crimes solved in Portugal versus all other countries to support your view that the PT police  are rubbish, look forward to it, till then, bon nuit and have fun researching

registrar

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 09:36:09 PM »
it's true there are multiple spellings of his name on the web

stems from Kerpen near Cologne/Koeln in Germany - where at the time a first name with a french accent

would have been most unusual

Can't make head nor tail of this case - but never had better luck with the Madeleine case either

enlighten me guys
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:38:25 PM by registrar »

Offline sadie

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 09:45:38 PM »
Dear little Rene Hasse - fair haired like all the younger childen who went missing.

As John says missing from the Amoreira beach near to Aljezur on the Atlantic Coast of the Algarve.  A beautiful deep beach  with wonderful Atlantic rollers coming in.  All the way from the US of A.   A surfers paradise and only 17-18 miles crow flies from PdL..

We went there in 2010, but unfortunately we took the wrong side road and ended up on a cliffside to the south of it and could only look down on this big beach from the heights.  We were short of time and never actually went down to the beach as it involved quite a detour

=====================================

When one critically examines this this beach on GEarth, somewhere to the middle back of the beach one sees a building (restaurant, surfing shack or what?) with a car park behind it.  The car park would be hidden from much of the beach by this building.. 

Adjoining this beach, immediately to the North of this building, there is a fairly extensive area of deep sand dunes.  To the rear of the dunes and the building  there is the car park.   

If John has the time a GEarth image would be appreciated, including a shot of the dunes [Am talking about the shots one gets when a blue square is opened].  One particular shot shows very deep dunes.

Only if you have the time John and can do it without too much bother.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be prepared, another of sadies theories coming up @)(++(*

[Please note that despite my best intentions, I was unable to view this close up, so there is room for errors!]

My thoughts are that Rene was trotting around investigating things, as kids at the seaside do, when he wandered into the edge of the sand dunes.  There was a small group of young men, possibly from the regular Algarve, come here specifically for the surfing.

One of these men liked the look of Rene and the others joined in, enticing Rene and then carrying him to their vehicle before driving off.  It would be possible to carry him/entice him virtually all the way to the car park without being seen

What happened next I have no idea

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said above, I have been unable to test my theory because of time contraints, but it seems plausable.

Tin hat on, bunkered down ... waiting for the criticisms, taunts and possible insults!   8(0(* @)(++(*

AnneGuedes

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 11:44:22 PM »

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(
Sparing your applauses, DCI, could be a good idea ;)