Author Topic: Luke Mitchell - Interview with Sky's James Matthews  (Read 40330 times)

Offline John

Luke Mitchell - Interview with Sky's James Matthews
« on: March 04, 2012, 03:29:27 AM »
Luke Mitchell gave a Sky News interview to James Matthews
on the very day that Jodi Jones was laid to rest.

3rd September 2003

Mitchell seated by his mother speaks to James Matthews.

Meeting With a Murderer.

Luke Mitchell insisted he did not murder his girlfriend Jodi Jones. Sky News' James Matthews recounts his exclusive interview with the youngster.

It was on the day of Jodi Jones' funeral that I met and interviewed Luke Mitchell.

It had been two months since Jodi's murder, and her family had told him to stay away. They suspected then what a jury would later confirm - that he was her killer.

I'd phoned the Mitchell house and his mother told me that Luke was paying his own, private tribute.

Mother and son agreed that we could film it. So the camera rolled as the teenager lit candles on a shrine to Jodi that he'd created on his dining table. No payment was asked for and none made.

http://news.sky.com/home/article/13287116

Aired on Sky News: Friday, 21 January 2005

Luke's Poem to Jodi

"Goodbye Jodi.  Please can you say what happened,

Please tell us who it was, who took your life so cruelly

For no apparent cause.

You had so much to give us, you lived life your own way,

Whoever did this to you, should just be put away.

You didn’t see bad in others, you didn’t like to judge,

We’re sorry Jodi, truly, but we’ll always hold a grudge.

You were taken from us so cruelly,

Please don’t ask us to forgive,

We cannot get this from our hearts however long we live.

You’ve been laid to rest, but not in peace,

We know that just can’t be,

But we’ll say goodbye and forever hope

That justice we will see."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:52:04 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Re: Luke Mitchell - Interview with Sky's James Matthews
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 03:30:17 AM »
Transcript of Interview with James Matthews - SKY News on 3rd September 2003

JAMES MATTHEWS:   It’s 65 days since Jodi was killed, Luke, clearly it’s a tragedy for her family, do you see it as a tragedy for your family as well?
LUKE:   Yes.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   Tell me about your experience over the last two months.
LUKE:   It’s just been worse than a nightmare.  At least a nightmare you wake up from eventually but this, you can’t wake up from it.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   What’s been the worst part of the last two months?
LUKE:   The worst part would be still finding Jodi.  That was still the worst part.  All the rest of it, the police and accusations and everything I couldn’t care about, it’s just … I just want to find out what happened and who did it.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   Do you feel that the finger has been pointed at you as the person responsible?
LUKE:   I feel it has been left to the media and public to decide.  It is trial by media.  They haven’t actually come out and totally accused me, apart from in interviews, the police have accused me but I feel it has been left to trial by media to see what the public decide, who’s guilty and who’s not.  The way the police are handling it, they have searched other houses and they have other suspects but I seem to be really the only person they are mentioning by name in specific detail.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   But you have an alibi for that night because you were with friends?
LUKE:   Yes. I was, first I was waiting just at the end of the estate where I was in full view, cars were passing, people were just getting home from work on buses, then I met up with my friends.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   Who vouch for you?
LUKE:   Yes, they gave statements the same as mine.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   It is a question on everybody’s lips in this community, it is a question you clearly have an answer for.  Did you kill Jodi Jones?
LUKE:   No, I never, I wouldn’t think of it.  All the time we were going out we never had one argument at all, never.  We never fell out or anything.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   How do you feel at being told to stay away from the funeral?
LUKE:   That was a hard blow.  I was dreading going to the funeral but I did want to go and being told not to go due to the fact that it would turn the funeral into a circus, a media circus, was bad.  It would have been a media circus without me but that was, if it was the family’s wishes, that’s what I was going to do?

JAMES MATTHEWS:   You have paid your own tribute, you have written a poem.  Tell me why you felt you needed to do that?
LUKE:   I just felt I had to say goodbye in my own way.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   So what would you say to those who would look at you and think he killed his girlfriend?
LUKE:   I just say they are being naïve and not to believe everything you read in the papers.  As a lot of folk know from what they’ve said and what’s turned out in the papers, they do change what people have said, not the whole truth is published in papers.  It is basically what the people want to hear is what printed.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   I suppose the difficulty is from 5 p.m. to whenever Jodie was found, that's a long time to fill and to account for, especially if you lose track of time.  The question I suppose for detectives, for people who look at that is could anybody account for every minute in that sort of period?  Can you, can you account for every minute?
LUKE:   No.  Well the police seem to expect people to, as you say, pin down every minute of their life, to expect us to know when we do small insignificant things like doing the dishes, expect us to have a time for that, it isn’t possible to keep a pin of every minute that you do something.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   This burning of clothes keeps getting mentioned and there is also the subject of a missing knife, is that your missing knife?
LUKE:   No.  The burning clothes that wasn’t us.  They just stated that a female relative of the suspect admitted to burning clothes.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   Was that you or anyone connected to you?
LUKE:   No, not that we know of.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   Finally, do you miss Jodi?
LUKE:   A lot.  It’s just, everything I do seems to remind me, her views and everything come up everywhere.  Everywhere you look, going about the streets, there are posters.  It’s just, I can’t believe … it still feels like a nightmare.

ENDS
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:51:26 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 03:49:05 AM »
Mitchell had been told to stay away from the funeral by Jodi's mother Judy Jones.

Later than afternoon Mitchell with mother, German Shepherd Mia and new
female friend in tow made their way to the cemetery at Gorebridge where
they laid a memorial.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 03:50:56 AM »

Sky News interview. Corinne Mitchell supports Luke.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 02:43:41 AM »

Meeting with a murderer.

James Matthews from Sky News interviewed Luke Mitchell on the day of Jodi's funeral.

Luke Mitchell insisted he did not murder his girlfriend Jodi Jones. Sky News' James Matthews recounts his exclusive interview with the youngster.

It was on the day of Jodi Jones' funeral that I met and interviewed Luke Mitchell.

It had been two months since Jodi's murder, and her family had told him to stay away. They suspected then what a jury would later confirm - that he was her killer.

I'd phoned the Mitchell house and his mother told me that Luke was paying his own, private tribute.

Mother and son agreed that we could film it. So the camera rolled as the teenager lit candles on a shrine to Jodi that he'd created on his dining table. No payment was asked for and none made.

Mitchell had turned 15 since Jodi's murder. He had the awkwardness of youth, but was nonetheless charming, obliging and friendly.

I interviewed him, as he sat with his mother's comforting arm around him.

It was an intriguing spectacle for viewers of Sky News - it also aroused the interest of detectives on the Jodi Jones murder squad.

They took formal steps to obtain a copy of the tape and flew to California where they showed it to the man known as the "Human Lie Detector".

Professor Paul Ekman is the world authority on the analysis of facial expression. He is an adviser to the FBI and CIA. In the course of the Jodi Jones murder inquiry, he became a consultant to Lothian & Borders Police.

Edinburgh-based detectives flew to San Fransisco to show my interview to Professor Ekman. He spent hours viewing the tape frame by frame, analysing the miniscule muscle movements on Mitchell's face. In the end, he supported police suspicions about Jodi's boyfriend.

According to Police sources, Prof. Ekman found that amongst the emotions on show by Luke Mitchell was one of delight as he delivered his alibi that was subsequently exposed as a lie.

On the day of Jodi's funeral, he was showing little sign of distress, but he demonstrated pleasure as he told the story he thought would fool the watching audience.

In the field of micro-expression, it's known as "duping delight" - gratification that comes from duping someone.

It was a time in the murder investigation when Detectives had precious little evidence. The findings of Prof. Ekman kept the focus of the inquiry on Mitchell.

There was to be one other showing of the interview - this time before the jury.

Again, formal steps were taken to secure a copy of the tape, and it was broadcast in the High Court. A packed courtroom watched as Luke Mitchell denied killing Jodi Jones, lit candles for her, and recited the poem he'd written, entitled "Goodbye Jodi".

It was the prosecution who wanted to broadcast the interview in court - they wanted to highlight Mitchell's demeanour on the day of Jodi's funeral - his lack of emotion.

"Not a tear, not a quiver" in the words of Advocate-Depute Alan Turnbull, from the teenager he described as a cold, calculating killer.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 10:07:38 AM »

JAMES MATTHEWS:   It’s 65 days since Jodi was killed, Luke, clearly it’s a tragedy for her family, do you see it as a tragedy for your family as well?
LUKE:   Yes.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   Tell me about your experience over the last two months.
LUKE:   It’s just been worse than a nightmare.  At least a nightmare you wake up from eventually but this, you can’t wake up from it.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   What’s been the worst part of the last two months?
LUKE:   The worst part would be still finding Jodi.  That was still the worst part.  All the rest of it, the police and accusations and everything I couldn’t care about, it’s just … I just want to find out what happened and who did it.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   Do you feel that the finger has been pointed at you as the person responsible?
LUKE:   I feel it has been left to the media and public to decide.  It is trial by media.  They haven’t actually come out and totally accused me, apart from in interviews, the police have accused me but I feel it has been left to trial by media to see what the public decide, who’s guilty and who’s not.  The way the police are handling it, they have searched other houses and they have other suspects but I seem to be really the only person they are mentioning by name in specific detail.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   But you have an alibi for that night because you were with friends?
LUKE:   Yes. I was, first I was waiting just at the end of the estate where I was in full view, cars were passing, people were just getting home from work on buses, then I met up with my friends.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   Who vouch for you?
LUKE:   Yes, they gave statements the same as mine.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   It is a question on everybody’s lips in this community, it is a question you clearly have an answer for.  Did you kill Jodi Jones?
LUKE:   No, I never, I wouldn’t think of it.  All the time we were going out we never had one argument at all, never.  We never fell out or anything.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   How do you feel at being told to stay away from the funeral?
LUKE:   That was a hard blow.  I was dreading going to the funeral but I did want to go and being told not to go due to the fact that it would turn the funeral into a circus, a media circus, was bad.  It would have been a media circus without me but that was, if it was the family’s wishes, that’s what I was going to do?

JAMES MATTHEWS:   You have paid your own tribute, you have written a poem.  Tell me why you felt you needed to do that?
LUKE:   I just felt I had to say goodbye in my own way.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   So what would you say to those who would look at you and think he killed his girlfriend?
LUKE:   I just say they are being naïve and not to believe everything you read in the papers.  As a lot of folk know from what they’ve said and what’s turned out in the papers, they do change what people have said, not the whole truth is published in papers.  It is basically what the people want to hear is what printed.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   I suppose the difficulty is from 5 p.m. to whenever Jodie was found, that's a long time to fill and to account for, especially if you lose track of time.  The question I suppose for detectives, for people who look at that is could anybody account for every minute in that sort of period?  Can you, can you account for every minute?
LUKE:   No.  Well the police seem to expect people to, as you say, pin down every minute of their life, to expect us to know when we do small insignificant things like doing the dishes, expect us to have a time for that, it isn’t possible to keep a pin of every minute that you do something.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   This burning of clothes keeps getting mentioned and there is also the subject of a missing knife, is that your missing knife?
LUKE:   No.  The burning clothes that wasn’t us.  They just stated that a female relative of the suspect admitted to burning clothes.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   Was that you or anyone connected to you?
LUKE:   No, not that we know of.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   Finally, do you miss Jodi?
LUKE:   A lot.  It’s just, everything I do seems to remind me, her views and everything come up everywhere.  Everywhere you look, going about the streets, there are posters.  It’s just, I can’t believe … it still feels like a nightmare.

ENDS

Did Luke Mitchell also do the dishes after having allegedly cooked and burnt the chicken pie?

If not, which one of the Mitchell’s did the dishes or was this also omitted from their statements?

What is he saying NO to? No it wasn’t his missing knife or no to “This burning of clothes keeps getting mentioned?”

And is he referring to the police when he says “they?” “They just stated that a female relative of the suspect admitted to burning clothes
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 10:13:33 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 10:48:21 AM »
Did Luke Mitchell also do the dishes after having allegedly cooked and burnt the chicken pie?

If not, which one of the Mitchell’s did the dishes or was this also omitted from their statements?

What is he saying NO to? No it wasn’t his missing knife or no to “This burning of clothes keeps getting mentioned?”

And is he referring to the police when he says “they?” “They just stated that a female relative of the suspect admitted to burning clothes[/i]

What suspect is he referring to?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 11:53:51 AM »
Meeting with a murderer.

James Matthews from Sky News interviewed Luke Mitchell on the day of Jodi's funeral.

Mitchell had turned 15 since Jodi's murder. He had the awkwardness of youth, but was nonetheless charming, obliging and friendly.

I interviewed him, as he sat with his mother's comforting arm around him.

It was an intriguing spectacle for viewers of Sky News - it also aroused the interest of detectives on the Jodi Jones murder squad.

They took formal steps to obtain a copy of the tape and flew to California where they showed it to the man known as the "Human Lie Detector".

Professor Paul Ekman is the world authority on the analysis of facial expression. He is an adviser to the FBI and CIA. In the course of the Jodi Jones murder inquiry, he became a consultant to Lothian & Borders Police.

Edinburgh-based detectives flew to San Fransisco to show my interview to Professor Ekman. He spent hours viewing the tape frame by frame, analysing the miniscule muscle movements on Mitchell's face. In the end, he supported police suspicions about Jodi's boyfriend.

According to Police sources, Prof. Ekman found that amongst the emotions on show by Luke Mitchell was one of delight as he delivered his alibi that was subsequently exposed as a lie.

On the day of Jodi's funeral, he was showing little sign of distress, but he demonstrated pleasure as he told the story he thought would fool the watching audience.

In the field of micro-expression, it's known as "duping delight" - gratification that comes from duping someone.

It was a time in the murder investigation when Detectives had precious little evidence. The findings of Prof. Ekman kept the focus of the inquiry on Mitchell.

There was to be one other showing of the interview - this time before the jury.

Again, formal steps were taken to secure a copy of the tape, and it was broadcast in the High Court. A packed courtroom watched as Luke Mitchell denied killing Jodi Jones, lit candles for her, and recited the poem he'd written, entitled "Goodbye Jodi".

It was the prosecution who wanted to broadcast the interview in court - they wanted to highlight Mitchell's demeanour on the day of Jodi's funeral - his lack of emotion.

"Not a tear, not a quiver" in the words of Advocate-Depute Alan Turnbull, from the teenager he described as a cold, calculating killer.

And no order from a judge not to show emotion!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 02:58:19 PM »
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg22069.html#msg22069
Wish you would make your mind up. It was suggested in court that Luke Mitchell was seeing another girl Kimberly Thompson at the same time he was seeing poor Jodi.

The response to that from the Mitchell camp was that he was just a young boy and it was not a serious adult relationship and he was not two timing. (or words to that effect)

Ms Thompson said in court up until she heard about the murder she believed she was his girlfriend. Now why would she think this? Is this not two timing? Most teenage girls would see it as exactly that.

So if it was not a serious relationship like adults have and he could have as many girlfriends as he liked, what gave him or his mother the right to go to the grave when they had been told to stay away?

Not only did he go to the graveside with his mother and a girl pal plus a dog, they ended up with media there too. Plus giving the Sky interview on the very day Jodi was being buried was sickening.

Why did these people need to continually put themselves in the spotlight?

They would not like it if they told someone not to go somewhere and they did. The Mitchells have no respect for anyone

Offline Parky41

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 11:58:59 PM »
[quote sandra L

Re: The murder of 14 year-old schoolgirl Jodi Jones near Edinburgh on 30 June 2003
« Reply #4847 on: Today at 02:15 PM »

Quote from: Lithium on Today at 01:33 PM
Will you upload the Sky interview
?

I would if I could, but I don't have access to it.][/quote]

Why? Not to hand, can't  access it at present? Not been given access to it? Used in the trial thus part of 'all' the documents. Only allowed to used what is dictated to her by the Mitchells? The latter, IMO is the most probable.

Conditions set-abide by my rules? Like Findlay, "my way or no way!"

I have wondered how much of the case files, Luke has been allowed access to? IF, Ms Lean acting on his behalf, has had to produce them for discussion. With, what appears to be his mindset, has be at any point looked over the crime scene pictures?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 12:04:07 AM by Parky41 »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 01:07:05 PM »
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg22069.html#msg22069
Wish you would make your mind up. It was suggested in court that Luke Mitchell was seeing another girl Kimberly Thompson at the same time he was seeing poor Jodi.

The response to that from the Mitchell camp was that he was just a young boy and it was not a serious adult relationship and he was not two timing. (or words to that effect)

Ms Thompson said in court up until she heard about the murder she believed she was his girlfriend. Now why would she think this? Is this not two timing? Most teenage girls would see it as exactly that.

So if it was not a serious relationship like adults have and he could have as many girlfriends as he liked, what gave him or his mother the right to go to the grave when they had been told to stay away?

Not only did he go to the graveside with his mother and a girl pal plus a dog, they ended up with media there too. Plus giving the Sky interview on the very day Jodi was being buried was sickening.

Why did these people need to continually put themselves in the spotlight?

They would not like it if they told someone not to go somewhere and they did. The Mitchells have no respect for anyone

“There was evidence that the appellant was also sexually involved with another 15 year old girl, Kimberley Thomson.”[7]
https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=e2988aa6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 02:02:00 AM »

Hmm

Offline WakeyWakey

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2021, 02:14:24 PM »
Hmm

Does anyone have recording of sky james matthews interviiew? always wanted to have  pass at this from micro expression perspective

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2021, 02:20:51 PM »
Does anyone have recording of sky james matthews interviiew? always wanted to have  pass at this from micro expression perspective

Have you tried James Matthews?

There’s always this in the meantime

October 2007 - Sandra Lean’s first public speaking engagement (Alongside Mark McDonald - serial killers Michael Stone & Ben Geen’s representative Alan Jamieson, Michael Naughton, Gabe Tan, Joseph Oppenheimer etc’

Part 1 - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zDXHhXamUuo

Part 2 - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BSgRnOo2cxI

Part 3 - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KuS4BT_2l-8

Part 4 - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KuS4BT_2l-8
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 02:25:33 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2021, 02:33:51 PM »

4th Sept 2003

Jodi, from Easthouses, had told her family she was going to meet Luke but failed to return home by her 10pm curfew.

When her mother phoned Luke he said he had not seen her.

Yesterday Luke said his dog, a trained tracker, had led him to Jodi's body.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/sep/04/childprotection.society

Shame we don’t have all the dates the statements were made by ‘the search party’ re Luke finding Jodi’s body etc

Not that it makes any difference because the police were aware at the time what was being said and by who

This is another piece of the evidence Luke Mitchell/Sandra Lean try to manipulate in an attempt to deceive

Regardless of what’s said about the Sky interview - Corrine & Luke Mitchell had a choice whether or not to speak to the journalist on the day of Jodi’s funeral. They chose to take part.

Just as Sandra Lean has chosen to take part in the firecracker films production due to be shown on Channel 5 next week

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 02:53:17 PM by Nicholas »