Author Topic: Gerry and Jez chat while Jane walks by. Seconds later she spots Tannerman!  (Read 361775 times)

Offline jassi

Why shouldn't they be?  Is the depth of friendship an indicator of depth of conversation?  I don't understand why people find this so hard to conceive of.  If your attention is distracted by a conversation it's quite possible to miss what is going on around you.  Don't tell me it's never happened to you, or that you've never had cause to say"ooh, I never saw you standing there!" or that no one has ever said to you "you walked straight past me and never even said hello!"  It's happened to me on many occasions but perhaps I'm just super unobservant.

Perhaps you are.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

Perhaps you are.

So it's never happened to you then?  Or anyone you know?  Wow.

Alfred R Jones

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inattentional_blindness  I expect some people to see this link but not read it.  Some will read it but not see its relevance, some will simply ignore this post as if they never even saw it at all.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:58:15 PM by Alfred R Jones »

Offline pathfinder73

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inattentional_blindness  I expect some people to see this link but not read it.  Some will read it but not see its relevance, some will simply ignore this post as if they never even saw it at all.

Jeremy Wilkins said they only chatted for 3 minutes and adamant he didn't see anyone in the area so Jane must have been a quick flip flopper. He said they were standing near to the side gate leading to 5A (pathway 5 metres to his left). I still think Jane may have turned onto the pathway before she reached them and saw the man crossing from there at a further distance away. It would explain why she never uttered a word. The McCanns say Jane saw the man from 50 metres away in their first statements so that would mean by the entrance to the tapas bar when she first got out onto the road. Stevie Wonder would have seen her passing by the side gate.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:23:18 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

Tanner can't even remember walking past them because she thought she would have said something to Gerry. She presumed that she did as is clear in her rog interview. So she is unreliable if she can't remember properly what actually happened. She does remember seeing crecheman and I believe she did.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfred R Jones

I got so bugged I turned it off and turned on another show
But there was the same old shoot-'em-up and the same old rodeo.

The Coasters

The Met have said (in convoluted Redwood speak) Jane Tanner did not see an abductor. Who was where deaf as a post and blind as bat and at what time don't really matter. It is an interesting conversation point and that is about all. Jane didn't see an abductor; who is now in the frame for abduction now and why?
If 9 months ago I had said  JT didn't see an abductor the faithful would have been all over me like cheap suit. Now it is accepted because "SY" say so; fascinating.
re-posting this comment because I was rude the first time round and caused grevious offence for which I am most humbly apologetic and now rightly punished:

Who are you to say what JT did or did not see?  An anonymous poster on the internet (albeit one with a good knowledge of song lyrics).  I'll take the investigative work of Scotland Yard over your guesses any day.

Alfred R Jones

Tanner can't even remember walking past them because she thought she would have said something to Gerry. She presumed that she did as is clear in her rog interview. So she is unreliable if she can't remember properly what actually happened. She does remember seeing crecheman and I believe she did.
Yes, I recall you said she saw crecheman at 9.12pm as opposed to the 9.15pm she said she saw him.  Would this have been before or after Jez and Gerry had their 3 to 5 minute chat?

Offline pegasus

Yes, I recall you said she saw crecheman at 9.12pm as opposed to the 9.15pm she said she saw him.  Would this have been before or after Jez and Gerry had their 3 to 5 minute chat?
The witness stated clearly that she saw the man and child just after she passed the two men chatting.

Offline pathfinder73

"Clarified light beginning to fade, when Jane left the table reasonable amount of light, aware that there were street lamps in the area.  Route back from table- shutters didn’t look at them, but would have noticed if there was anything suspicious or untoward- felt that it was a loaded question. Inner route would take less than minute and outer route just over a minute." (Russell O'Brien)

>@@(*&) Inner route wouldn't have passed Gerry and Jez.

Silkywhiskers

"Clarified light beginning to fade, when Jane left the table reasonable amount of light, aware that there were street lamps in the area.  Route back from table- shutters didn’t look at them, but would have noticed if there was anything suspicious or untoward- felt that it was a loaded question. Inner route would take less than minute and outer route just over a minute." (Russell O'Brien)

>@@(*&) Inner route wouldn't have passed Gerry and Jez.

And leads to the question of WHY "checking" parents would willingly go the long way?

Offline pegasus

Re the man and daughter seen by JT. If his daughter woke when he collected her from creche, is it not reasonable and possible he took a longer route home to get her back to sleep?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 04:00:23 AM by pegasus »

Offline ShiningInLuz

I have read from page 47 to now (53) of this thread and to be honest, I don't know what you are 'arguing' 'talking' or 'debating' about.

Can anyone help me with 2 simple questions?

Q1.  Is there anything in the files as to when the child (of the parent now ID'd as the likely dad in the Jane Tanner sighting) was signed out of the Ocean Club late-night crèche?  I'm looking for more than Crimewatch suggests it "might" or "must" be so.  Actual evidence as timesheet in - timesheet out.  I'm guessing that by page 53 of this thread the answer is no, but hey-ho.

Q2.  The Tanner man was going the wrong way to get from the crèche to where he was walking.  (I think Jane Tanner even brought this anomaly up, but please don't quote me.)  On a cool to chilly night, with little clothing to keep the child warm.  I have seen the post before mine (summarised by me as "long walk to get child to sleep").  Is there any other explanation for going the wrong way?
What's up, old man?

Offline pegasus

Q1.  Is there anything in the files as to when the child (of the parent now ID'd as the likely dad in the Jane Tanner sighting) was signed out of the Ocean Club late-night crèche?  I'm looking for more than Crimewatch suggests it "might" or "must" be so.  Actual evidence as timesheet in - timesheet out.  I'm guessing that by page 53 of this thread the answer is no, but hey-ho.

Q2.  The Tanner man was going the wrong way to get from the crèche to where he was walking.  (I think Jane Tanner even brought this anomaly up, but please don't quote me.)  On a cool to chilly night, with little clothing to keep the child warm.  I have seen the post before mine (summarised by me as "long walk to get child to sleep").  Is there any other explanation for going the wrong way?
1. The evening creche timesheet is not in the published files.

2. If two parents A and B from different families each pick up respective kid from creche and leave creche together, chatting, walk together to apartment of A, say goodnight, then B walks to apartment of B.
Let apartment of A be in block 4, and let apartment of B be the block to the east of block 6, then JT would see B walking across the Tjunction exactly as she stated.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:11:41 PM by pegasus »

Offline sadie

Jeremy Wilkins said they only chatted for 3 minutes and adamant he didn't see anyone in the area so Jane must have been a quick flip flopper. He said they were standing near to the side gate leading to 5A (pathway 5 metres to his left). I still think Jane may have turned onto the pathway before she reached them and saw the man crossing from there at a further distance away. It would explain why she never uttered a word. The McCanns say Jane saw the man from 50 metres away in their first statements so that would mean by the entrance to the tapas bar when she first got out onto the road. Stevie Wonder would have seen her passing by the side gate.

No they were NOT standing by 5A gate.  they were chatting on the corner of the alleyway with Jez standing in the gutter with the pushchair and Gerry facing him on the kerb.

Plenty of room for Jane to pass by, the footpath there is 2 metres wide

We have gone over the flip flops extensively and realised that expensive leather flip flops do NOT make that awful slapping sound that cheap plastic beach ones do.

We have also analysed and realised that Gerry when talking and looking at Jez, never had Jane in even his periferal vision.

Offline pathfinder73

No they were NOT standing by 5A gate.  they were chatting on the corner of the alleyway with Jez standing in the gutter with the pushchair and Gerry facing him on the kerb.

Plenty of room for Jane to pass by, the footpath there is 2 metres wide

We have gone over the flip flops extensively and realised that expensive leather flip flops do NOT make that awful slapping sound that cheap plastic beach ones do.

We have also analysed and realised that Gerry when talking and looking at Jez, never had Jane in even his periferal vision.

What are you going on about - it's in the files ......

As he approached the corner of the McCanns apartment, he saw Gerry appear from the area of the gate. He crossed the road and engaged in general conversation with Gerry. At this time they were stood with Gerry’s back to the building near to the gate and Jeremy facing him. Rua Dr Agostino was about 10 – 15 meters to his right and the pathway leading to the front of the apartment blocks about 5 meters to his left.

He was adamant that he did not see any one else in the area. When spoken to in reference to Jane Tanner walking by, he again stated that he saw no one. He also stated that he did not see or hear anyone to his right. He was aware of the recent picture in the papers re the person with a child wrapped in a blanket and in a males arms alledgedly walking across the junction to his right but again stated that he did not see any one.

The conversation with Gerry lasted for about three minutes during which Gerry was chatty and in his normal self. Jeremy then made his way back to his apartment.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:23:04 AM by Admin »