Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267414 times)

Offline Apostate

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2013, 10:11:53 AM »
What this thread shows me is how gullible the anti McCann posters are. you see an article that criticises the McCanns and you are happy to believe every word. As I have said before This is why your conclusions are so way off the mark. It really indicates a lack of intelligence. I don't have time now but later will show where the holes are in this article. I will give you one pointer....why did the relationship with the McCanns and the investigators fail....could it have anything to do with the antics of Halligan...the convicted fraudster

Stick to the Daily Star mate that should keep you happy.

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2013, 10:14:07 AM »
two important things in the article

Smith has since stressed that he does not believe the man he saw was Gerry, and Scotland Yard do not consider this a possibility. Last week the McCanns were told officially by the Portuguese authorities that they are not suspects.

C.Edwards

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2013, 10:16:28 AM »
two important things in the article

Smith has since stressed that he does not believe the man he saw was Gerry, and Scotland Yard do not consider this a possibility. Last week the McCanns were told officially by the Portuguese authorities that they are not suspects.

Ah well. You don't expect us to believe everything we read in the papers, do you?  What do you think we are - gullible or something?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2013, 10:16:46 AM »
Quote from: davel on Today at 07:46:32 AM

The McCanns don't have to .... the papers have cleared the McCanns...every article now says the parents aren't suspects and the PJ are looking for an abductor

You are the number one gullible poster..if you read the above post, it says the papers have cleared the McCanns..and that is a fact. .... doesn't say I believe it.....you don't have the critical observational skills to understand the subtlety in the post

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2013, 10:17:19 AM »
and...

@)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

do you think the mcanns and pros find this news hurtful and unhelpful???

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2013, 10:17:46 AM »
Mobile phone triangulation doesn't work like that! PDL was not a hotbed of antennae, it will be able to say a phone was within an area of about 2km square along with thousands of others. That's it.

Well, if there are at least two towers in PDL then it is possible to catch movements of people. 

I know of at least 3 modern cases solved through the mobile phone analysis. The most famous one being Joanna Yeates's case.. the killer was caught when his mobile phone was crossing from one tower reception to another..
Another case is abroad, a girl was missing, they found the mobile phone which nearest to hears, i.e matching all masts receptions along the way the abductor travelled with the girl.

The third one I heard of today.. a foreign kidnapped gill calls her mum from a London flat,  the kidnapper takes her phone but she has another phone in her bag, switched on, the Scotland Yard finds her in time on minutes.. i.e the location of the flat in London where she is !

That tells a lot!

Regarding the signals in PDL.. yes it is a rural area, but since there is lots of tourist there in the summer they have to work on a good mobile phone reception.

Both PJ and SY, there are recent reports about 'good findings' in the mobile phone analysing areas of research so I believe it is not that black and white as it would be if there is only one tower in the area and everyone is connecting just to that point..
In this case, there is not a lot they can work on but they can at least know which mobiles were in the area and which mobiles left the area that night.

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2013, 10:18:27 AM »
Ah well. You don't expect us to believe everything we read in the papers, do you?  What do you think we are - gullible or something?

you can pick and chose what you want to believe from The Times article - be my guest.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2013, 10:19:47 AM »
[/quote

you see Mr Gullible you have proved my point,,..you are happy to believe certain parts of the article but not others.

Offline Apostate

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2013, 10:29:37 AM »
If this article is being faithfully reported and is  accurate then it is a damning indictment and questions the sincerity of the McCann's search.

You have to wonder if the PIs knew about Innocentman. Does he even exist or has he just been invented to get the McCanns off the hook for sitting on this for 5 years?

C.Edwards

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2013, 10:30:02 AM »
Oh my, someone's grumpy this morning.  @)(++(*  I seem to have touched a nerve.

re: the title of this topic, it is somewhat extraordinary to discover that the McCanns have been suppressing this - now supposedly critical, according to SY - information for years.  That makes a certain libel trial ongoing at the moment a bit of a formality.

Just keep spinning, just keep spinning... to paraphrase Dory.

Offline xtina

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2013, 10:30:54 AM »
What this thread shows me is how gullible the anti McCann posters are. you see an article that criticises the McCanns and you are happy to believe every word. As I have said before This is why your conclusions are so way off the mark. It really indicates a lack of intelligence. I don't have time now but later will show where the holes are in this article. I will give you one pointer....why did the relationship with the McCanns and the investigators fail....could it have anything to do with the antics of Halligan...the convicted fraudster

What this thread shows me is how gullible the anti McCann posters are. you see an article that criticises the McCanns and you are happy to believe every word. As I have said before This is why your conclusions are so way off the mark

.....................................................................................

This could also be said  about  you lot  .....you believe  the mccs...........and everything they  do or say ...[[yet no proof of abduction]

I will give you one pointer....why did the relationship with the McCanns and the investigators fail....could it have anything to do with the antics of Halligan...the convicted fraudster

it was the mccs who hired them  ......payed them .....could be the antics of the mccs .....especially if they were getting to close for comfort....

One of the investigators whose work was sidelined said last week he was “utterly stunned” when he watched the programme and saw the evidence his team had passed to the McCanns five years ago presented as a breakthrough.

The team of investigators from the security firm Oakley International were hired by the McCanns’ Find Madeleine fund, which bankrolled private investigations into the girl’s disappearance. They were led by Henri Exton, MI5’s former undercover operations chief.

Their report, seen by The Sunday Times, focused on a sighting by an Irish family of a man carrying a child at about 10pm on May 3, 2007, when Madeleine went missing.

An earlier sighting by one of the McCanns’ friends was dismissed as less credible after “serious inconsistencies” were found in her evidence. The report also raised questions about “anomalies” in the statements given by the McCanns and their friends.

Exton confirmed last week that the fund had silenced his investigators for years after they handed over their controversial findings. He said: “A letter came from their lawyers binding us to the confidentiality of the report.”

He claimed the legal threat had prevented him from handing over the report to Scotland Yard’s fresh investigation, until detectives had obtained written permission from the fund.
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

C.Edwards

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2013, 10:31:19 AM »
If this article is being faithfully reported and is  accurate then it is a damning indictment and questions the sincerity of the McCann's search.

You have to wonder if the PIs knew about Innocentman. Does he even exist or has he just been invented to get the McCanns off the hook for sitting on this for 5 years?

It would be extraordinary for the Times to not do their research over something as serious as this though, wouldn't you think?  I have no reason to believe it's inaccurate, but let's give it a day or so and see if there are any retractions/rebuttals.

stephen25000

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2013, 10:37:15 AM »
I wonder how this matter will affect the libel trial ?

Offline comanche

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2013, 10:38:30 AM »
We will wait to see what materialises not jump for joy as some posters do, so strange.

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2013, 10:38:41 AM »
The PJ interviewed the Smiths and had the information before any PIs