Author Topic: The Find Madeleine website is updated re Tannerman  (Read 33740 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Re: The Find Madeleine website is updated re Tannerman
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2014, 05:49:59 PM »
The McCanns and their sausage machine seemingly like to preserve the abduction theory and to muddy the waters elsewhere. Apart from making sure the halos don't slip.The British press seemingly are briefed to toe this line. Where in the British press for example are the reports that where Dr Amaral's book was concerned the McCanns lost two out of three expensive law suits?
The most important two at that.
imo of course  @)(++(*

But that's precisely the point. Going against SY publicly makes the McCanns look bad. Why would they bring that on themselves?

Offline jassi

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2014, 05:53:27 PM »
But that's precisely the point. Going against SY publicly makes the McCanns look bad. Why would they bring that on themselves?

An inability to admit that  they might have been wrong ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

AnneGuedes

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2014, 06:00:44 PM »
Knowing your position on the case I understand your point, Anne, but the fact remains that handling matters this way makes the McCanns look bad in terms of public relations. Truth, innocence and guilt are separate matters from how the McCanns would wish to be perceived.
Try to understand them. Tannerman was the only bit of evidence they had and it suited them very well because in the same time Ms Tanner was providing Mr McCann with a golden alibi. All of a sudden this is destroyed by a Crecheman who, fortunately, didn't sound very credible not only on the pyjamas aspect but on local and time topic. Tannerman nevertheless went into smoke.
But it does't stop here.
Tannerman's rival appears to be precisely the man that was possibly identified, being perhaps not Mr McCann but certainly Mr McCann look alike. Of course there had been attempts to shift the alert time forward, after the Smith episode, but many statements show that the alert was earlier, previous to the disappearance.
The McCanns are then, for the moment, a bit trapped on the abductor figure topic, a transitory phase I guess, before the end of this year SY will say they're sorry but..

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2014, 06:01:01 PM »

Tannerman is their defence if things turn bad for the McCann's - he has to stay on their website being Gerry's crucial alibi. They will argue that Tannerman and Smithman are the same person i.e. the abductor of Madeleine. And remember according to JT she passed Gerry speaking to Jez when she spotted Tannerman/Smithman so Gerry can't be Smithman  8(0(*
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:08:39 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2014, 06:24:08 PM »
An inability to admit that  they might have been wrong ?

Apparently.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2014, 06:27:27 PM »
Try to understand them. Tannerman was the only bit of evidence they had and it suited them very well because in the same time Ms Tanner was providing Mr McCann with a golden alibi. All of a sudden this is destroyed by a Crecheman who, fortunately, didn't sound very credible not only on the pyjamas aspect but on local and time topic. Tannerman nevertheless went into smoke.
But it does't stop here.
Tannerman's rival appears to be precisely the man that was possibly identified, being perhaps not Mr McCann but certainly Mr McCann look alike. Of course there had been attempts to shift the alert time forward, after the Smith episode, but many statements show that the alert was earlier, previous to the disappearance.
The McCanns are then, for the moment, a bit trapped on the abductor figure topic, a transitory phase I guess, before the end of this year SY will say they're sorry but..

I understand all this from the alibi perspective, but the fact remains that in continuing to suppress the Smithman aspect, the McCanns are making themselves look more suspicious.

If it were true that Smithman had nothing to do with Gerry, surely the McCanns would want him to be found and investigated.

Estuarine

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2014, 06:27:48 PM »

It is the lesser of two evils.
It was apparent when DCI Redwood fragged Tannerman that Gerry's alibi also kind of like vanished in a puff of green smoke. Much of the sausage machine activity has been an attempt to preserve Tannerman because of that very fact; as others have said. A bit of sideways briefing against The Met. is better than standing in the spotlight yelling look at me no alibi. Even the Macs only like the spotlight on their terms.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
Tannerman is their defence if things turn bad for the McCann's - he has to stay on their website being Gerry's crucial alibi. They will argue that Tannerman and Smithman are the same person i.e. the abductor of Madeleine. And remember according to JT she passed Gerry speaking to Jez when she spotted Tannerman/Smithman so Gerry can't be Smithman  8(0(*

I see all this but please see my reply to Anne.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2014, 06:31:34 PM »
If the 'alibi' explanation for this is correct, it seems like an odd time for the McCanns to be continually doing things in attempt to establish their innocence.

Scotland Yard have made it clear to the world that the McCanns are not suspects. Isn't this good enough?

So why would the McCanns, in response, then go against SY and focus on another theory that exonerates them? 

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2014, 06:33:30 PM »
They had many 'investigators' in this case..different police forces, PIs.. and all of them had their 'theories' .. McCanns probably also have their own theory..

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 06:36:26 PM »
They had many 'investigators' in this case..different police forces, PIs.. and all of them had their 'theories' .. McCanns probably also have their own theory..

Yes, but why promote it now, just when they finally have SY involved, against what SY are looking at?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2014, 08:58:39 PM »

And what's your point, Wonderfulsenseofhumour?

Surely Tannerman is important from many angles.

No jokes intended SH,

Just thought I'd list them all for their relevance to the topic.

It does seem a bit odd for me to have done it now you mention it though.

I think I might just have had too much to smoke today.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.