Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 398494 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3105 on: September 24, 2017, 08:43:10 PM »
I like the idea of using Skype to keep an eye on your room.  If baby monitors are acceptable so should Skype be.  Even more so for you can get a video image and have a way of saving the file on a flash drive.  Very modern parenting.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline John

« Reply #3106 on: October 31, 2017, 12:21:01 AM »
'OFFENSIVE AND CRUEL' Madeleine McCann’s parents Kate and Gerry’s fury as ‘idiot’ dresses up in sick Maddie outfit for Halloween

Maddie's parents said the 25-year-old, from Dundee, "should know better at his age"

Exclusive
By Tracey Kandohla, Ellie Cambridge and John Shammas
Published 30th October 2017

A HALLOWEEN reveller has been slammed by the parents of Madeleine McCann after he dressed up as their missing daughter for Halloween for a sick joke.

Daniel Gearie posted a picture of himself wearing a blonde wig and an Everton shirt on Twitter yesterday, next to a famous photo of the missing youngster in the same outfit.

The 25-year-old, from Dundee, who has since made his account private, tweeted "you've taken it too far daniel".

Adding: "And before you say 'this is sick' etc I know it is but I'm not the one who left a child unattended in a Portuguese hotel."

A spokesman for the McCann family said: "Kate and Gerry think he's an idiot and at his age should know better. What he did was deeply offensive and cruel."

Gerry and Kate McCann left their three children sleeping in their apartment while they dined at a tapas bar - 120 metres away while on holiday in 2007.

Read full article here...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 12:26:02 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3107 on: October 31, 2017, 07:53:33 AM »
Why did he do it? To get attention. Which The Sun has given him.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

« Reply #3108 on: October 31, 2017, 12:24:35 PM »
I like the idea of using Skype to keep an eye on your room.  If baby monitors are acceptable so should Skype be.  Even more so for you can get a video image and have a way of saving the file on a flash drive.  Very modern parenting.
I like it too, but would you need two computers?   A bit of a fag to have to take two on holiday.

Another device would be to take a small security camera that you can link to your phone.  If the place was in complete darkness, you would need an infra red light too.

I am not a techie so cannot answer questions about these devices but have seen them in action .... very good.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3109 on: October 31, 2017, 03:26:01 PM »
I like it too, but would you need two computers?   A bit of a fag to have to take two on holiday.

Another device would be to take a small security camera that you can link to your phone.  If the place was in complete darkness, you would need an infra red light too.

I am not a techie so cannot answer questions about these devices but have seen them in action .... very good.
My son had that for his flat in Auckland.  If there was motion he would get a message on his phone even though he was down here in Levin.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3110 on: October 31, 2017, 07:45:47 PM »
My son had that for his flat in Auckland.  If there was motion he would get a message on his phone even though he was down here in Levin.

Yes that would come under IoT (Internet of Things). Wifi has enabled a great many products to be controlled by smart phones and other hand held devices. a great deal 'progress' is in place with this  new technology.  But what is wrong with parents looking after their children and having them dine with them?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:10:16 PM by Brietta »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline sadie

« Reply #3111 on: October 31, 2017, 10:55:09 PM »
A friend of ours has such a security camera in several places including his aged parents home miles away, and his own home in several places, outside and inside.  Where ever he is in the world, he can see what is going on in these places on his Ipad (split screen mini photos).

They would be brilliant as child monitors and at the same time keeping an eye in their home back in the UK

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3112 on: October 31, 2017, 11:28:49 PM »
A friend of ours has such a security camera in several places including his aged parents home miles away, and his own home in several places, outside and inside.  Where ever he is in the world, he can see what is going on in these places on his Ipad (split screen mini photos).

They would be brilliant as child monitors and at the same time keeping an eye in their home back in the UK
I suppose if you see something going wrong you could call the police.  Even if you are not there.
Moderation

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3113 on: November 02, 2017, 01:53:53 PM »
I suppose if you see something going wrong you could call the police.  Even if you are not there.

But then again, as has been mentioned why would you not be there looking after your own children on your 'family holiday'?
All devices can be hacked.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3114 on: November 02, 2017, 04:38:32 PM »
But then again, as has been mentioned why would you not be there looking after your own children on your 'family holiday'?
All devices can be hacked.

It was more like a busman's holiday for the children in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #3115 on: November 02, 2017, 06:25:59 PM »
It was more like a busman's holiday for the children in my opinion.
Normal sociable kids lurve these creches.  Why deprive them of their enjoyment when they can share their time with you and this fun

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3116 on: November 02, 2017, 09:05:22 PM »
Normal sociable kids lurve these creches.  Why deprive them of their enjoyment when they can share their time with you and this fun

Once they were trained to accept it, yes.

Amelie, true to form, was completely unfazed; sensitive Sean, when it came to it, was initially a bit upset, all of which was situation normal with the twins. [madeleine]

Erm, Evie when we dropped off, would have a bit, a few tears like a lot of young kids do when you leave them at nursery,
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RUSSELL-OBRIEN_ROGATORY.htm

I seem to recall too one of the Paynes avoiding being seen by theirs because they would cry to be with Mum and Dad if they saw them, but I can't find the quote atm.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3117 on: November 03, 2017, 06:29:57 PM »

How desperate for sales or whatever are The Sun to drag Madeleine's name into this story?

DEATH PLUNGE MYSTERY Maddie cops probing death of Brit man and his wife who fell 50ft from Portugal apartment
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4835170/maddie-cops-probing-death-of-brit-man-and-his-wife-who-fell-50ft-from-portugal-apartment/
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3118 on: November 03, 2017, 06:48:26 PM »
How desperate for sales or whatever are The Sun to drag Madeleine's name into this story?

DEATH PLUNGE MYSTERY Maddie cops probing death of Brit man and his wife who fell 50ft from Portugal apartment
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4835170/maddie-cops-probing-death-of-brit-man-and-his-wife-who-fell-50ft-from-portugal-apartment/

It's only about 300 klicks away so the connection is obvious.

"Kray Twin cops probing the disappearance of MBM".
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline John

« Reply #3119 on: February 01, 2018, 01:26:00 AM »
‘PARTY TINGED WITH SADNESS’ Madeleine McCann’s parents celebrate twins becoming teens with prayers for missing daughter ‘wherever she is’.

Sean and Amelie were just aged two when Maddie's vanished in Praia da Luz in Portugal on May 3 2007

By Tracey Kandohla
1st February 2018

THE parents of Madeleine McCann are today celebrating their twins becoming teenagers with prayers too for their missing daughter “wherever she is.”

Kate and Gerry cling onto a glimmer of hope their eldest child could still be alive and are remembering her during a joint 13th birthday party for her siblings.

As Maddie’s younger brother and sister blow out candles on their cake a family pal said: “Their only wish is for their big sister to come home.”

Sean and Amelie, who are both aspiring amateur athletes, are having a special milestone celebration with friends and family.

One guest said: “There will be prayers to remember Madeleine as well wherever she is. Kate and Gerry want to give the twins a memorable occasion, they’re teenagers now and that’s a big deal.

“But the party will be marred with a tinge of sadness because Madeleine is not here to join in the fun.”

Home Office 'to give Scotland Yard another £154,000 to fund Madeleine McCann search'

Three-year-old Maddie vanished from a Portuguese holiday apartment nearly 11 years ago.

British police continue to search for her and have not ruled out the possibility of finding her alive despite failing to unearth any new clues. She would now be aged 14.

Her parents are bravely trying to  mark the double birthdays in “as normal way as possible” for the sake of the twins.

Former GP Kate, now a medical worker, has previously told how the family often pray for Maddie’s safe return and always remember her on key occasions.

She said her twins have “grown up essentially without Madeleine but knowing their sister is missing and they want her back.”

The anguished mum, speaking in the past to promote her charity Missing People of which she  is an ambassador, added: “They have their own friends and they keep busy and they’re really sporty but their only wish is for their big sister to come home. We miss our complete family of five.

“As a family 98 per cent of the time we’re busy. I don’t know if that’s a conscious thing but it helps. The urge to look for Madeleine absolutely hasn’t changed at all.”

Kate and renowned heart doctor Gerry, both 49, of Rothley, Leics, celebrate their own milestone 50th birthdays this spring.

Sean and Amelie attend a Catholic secondary school in nearby Loughborough which still holds a place for their big sister and hopes one day to welcome her as a pupil.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5473303/madeleine-mccanns-parents-celebrate-twins-becoming-teens-with-prayers-for-missing-daughter-wherever-she-is/
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:33:01 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.