Author Topic: Maddie cops seek yet more cash  (Read 51968 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Maddie cops seek yet more cash
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2020, 01:45:09 PM »
Sadly, nothing happening at the moment.  But Madeleine will be eighteen shortly.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline The General

« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2020, 01:45:42 PM »
Been there and done all that.
Good init. Takes its toll though, I find, reading too much of Jung. He was a miserable b*****d.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2020, 01:51:08 PM »
Good init. Takes its toll though, I find, reading too much of Jung. He was a miserable b*****d.

Who was he?

I prefer Sun Tzu.  Basic common sense and logistics.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2020, 01:51:31 PM »

i prefer his son...Carl the Junger

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2020, 05:10:16 PM »
I was wondering what is meant by the following words from KM on the 'Find Madeleine' site:

http://findmadeleine.com/updates/index.htm

The investigation to find Madeleine remains open and continues, even though, in a way different to the ideal. We remain grateful for the ongoing efforts and commitment from all those involved in the search to find her and we hope and pray, as always, that our efforts will be fruitful.

*%87
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2020, 07:07:39 PM »
I was wondering what is meant by the following words from KM on the 'Find Madeleine' site:

The investigation to find Madeleine remains open and continues, even though, in a way different to the ideal. We remain grateful for the ongoing efforts and commitment from all those involved in the search to find her and we hope and pray, as always, that our efforts will be fruitful.

*%87

Quite possibly that this is not  ajoint investigation and SY are limited as to where and where they can look by the PJ

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2020, 07:16:04 PM »

*%87
I’m pretty sure it is referring to the investigation continuing through the lockdown, in a way which is different to the ideal (ie no lockdown).
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2020, 12:33:45 PM »

*%87
13th Anniversary of Madeleine’s Abduction (3rd May 2020)

I don't think any of us could have predicted the situation we all find ourselves in currently. It shows how easy it is to become complacent with our lives and circumstances, albeit a totally normal and understandable, human characteristic.

It is now 13 years since we were last with Madeleine. Her 17th birthday is to follow in the next couple of weeks….the latter tangibly, painfully, bringing it home to us what we have missed and continue to miss as a family.

We are very conscious that many families around the world are experiencing similar feelings at this time……being separated from each other and with many having lost loved ones prematurely and unexpectedly. There will also be many vulnerable people whose situation will have become even more precarious in the current lockdown conditions, with fear, worry and isolation - emotions that we dreaded Madeleine experiencing and which haunted us for a long time - and still do on occasions. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those suffering at this time.

We have been fortunate to spend more time together as a family since lockdown began, an enforced block to a usually frenetic life, a silver lining to this dark cloud. It has made us think about Madeleine even more, as she would have shared this period of special closeness with us too.

Thank you to everyone still offering their support and good wishes for Madeleine and ourselves. Such solidarity continues to strengthen us. Thank you.

Please take care and please spare a thought or prayer for Madeleine and all missing children this weekend.  Here's hoping that more 'normal', safe and happy times are close at hand.

Kate and Gerry
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2020, 05:54:55 PM »
The thread concerns money so its the best place to put it.

Madeleine McCann: Police figures lay bare staggering amount spent on investigation

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1322499/madeleine-mccann-operation-grange-met-police-scotland-yard-spending-portugal-spt

The Met confirmed to Express.co.uk that the total spend of the probe, from May 2011 to April 2020 was £12,124,870.46.

Speaking to Express.co.uk exclusively though, investigative journalist and former detective in the Surrey Police Mark Williams-Thomas questioned what the money had been spent on.

He said: “There was a considerable amount of support provided in the initial days, weeks, months and years of the investigation.

“But, thereafter, they provided support because they were sharing information and making enquiries on behalf of the Portuguese for the British elements of the inquiry.

“One of the biggest questions I cannot answer is where on Earth £12million has been spent.

“I am at a loss to explain the huge scale of that figure.”
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2020, 06:26:24 PM »

Madeleine McCann: Police figures lay bare staggering amount spent on investigation

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1322499/madeleine-mccann-operation-grange-met-police-scotland-yard-spending-portugal-spt

The Met confirmed to Express.co.uk that the total spend of the probe, from May 2011 to April 2020 was £12,124,870.46.

Speaking to Express.co.uk exclusively though, investigative journalist and former detective in the Surrey Police Mark Williams-Thomas questioned what the money had been spent on.

He said: “There was a considerable amount of support provided in the initial days, weeks, months and years of the investigation.

“But, thereafter, they provided support because they were sharing information and making enquiries on behalf of the Portuguese for the British elements of the inquiry.

“One of the biggest questions I cannot answer is where on Earth £12million has been spent.

Carl Beech cost taxpayers £150 million.
Puts the cost of policing into perspective, don't you think. https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-westminster-paedophile-ring-is-a-lesson-in-how-not-to-carry-out-a-police-investigation
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2020, 06:27:35 PM »

Hopefully alot of it was siphoned off and sent straight to the McCanns to help fund their lavish lifestyle.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Anthro

« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2020, 06:32:47 PM »
In my country with a population of 56 million, less than 3 million pay personal income tax. Yet, due to corruption and nepotism very little of that is used towards the socio-economic well-being of its citizens. In a sense, I do understand British citizens’ concerns.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2020, 06:52:57 PM »
I think it’s highly likely these days most people either don’t think they did it, don’t care either way or haven’t a clue who the McCanns are.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 12:16:59 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2020, 06:55:11 PM »
Wasn't jersey over 20 million...the most expensive coconut in the world. I find it hard to beleive MWT said that...does he not realise how much a police investigation  costs

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2020, 07:02:12 PM »
I think it’s highly likely these days most people either don’t think they did it, don’t care either way or haven’t a clue who the McCanns are.

12 million quid & nothing to show for it

Seriously, just think of all the things 12 million could have done, like donating to food banks, housing the homeless, filling pot holes or investigating genuine abductions.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 08:52:35 PM by Brietta »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.