Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 839471 times)

stephen25000

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #540 on: May 21, 2015, 11:01:57 AM »
as has been pointed out...the sceptics believe lies ands myths.....the McCann supporters can see through all the propaganda that has come out of Portugal and look at things logically..

That is a complete reversal of the truth.

Try again.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #541 on: May 21, 2015, 11:03:08 AM »

Try again.

as has been pointed out...the sceptics believe lies ands myths.....the McCann supporters can see through all the propaganda that has come out of Portugal and look at things logically..

Offline Brietta

« Reply #542 on: May 21, 2015, 11:04:28 AM »

I went with the Amaral interpretation of the results of the dog inspections having had the 'Dogs Don't Lie' mantra chanted at me ... then I watched the Levy video courtesy of a link provided by one of the aunties ... then I read up on what it is working dogs actually do in an investigation.

I watched the nauseating pamalam videos ... and subjected myself to studying the 'evidence' on some of the great aunties' sites ... I even managed to read some of the files.

So please don't tell me I don't have an informed view ... (and I don't know the half of what goes on behind the scenes)... any conclusions I have reached were enabled by the information I sourced and using a modicum of common sense ... not a belief system.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #543 on: May 21, 2015, 11:11:45 AM »

Try again.

You may be content to have your intelligence insulted by myths, lies and innuendo, others have thought it through and it is not a matter of belief or opinion ... it rests on evidence or the lack of it ... and a person's right to the presumption of innocence even if their surname is McCann. 

Exactly what was it about Mr Amaral's interpretation of the result of the dog inspections that overrides the results provided by the FSS?

Must be something really concrete and compelling ... so please don't hold back ... do tell.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #544 on: May 21, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »
I went with the Amaral interpretation of the results of the dog inspections having had the 'Dogs Don't Lie' mantra chanted at me ... then I watched the Levy video courtesy of a link provided by one of the aunties ... then I read up on what it is working dogs actually do in an investigation.

I watched the nauseating pamalam videos ... and subjected myself to studying the 'evidence' on some of the great aunties' sites ... I even managed to read some of the files.

So please don't tell me I don't have an informed view ... (and I don't know the half of what goes on behind the scenes)... any conclusions I have reached were enabled by the information I sourced and using a modicum of common sense ... not a belief system.

So did I, much to my shame, although that Levy Edited Video didn't help.  That was quite deliberate.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #545 on: May 21, 2015, 11:59:35 AM »
Personally I think the idea of a mutt pinpointing the precise location of a speck of blood on a cuddly toy is utterly ludicrous but that's probably just me.  How does it do it?  Point to the exact spot with its nose?

A more precise version of this maybe?:
The pointer is employed to find upland game. In performing its task as a hunters' aid, these skills may be expected from Pointers when hunting:
    Point – The dog finds and points out the location of birds.
    Honor – The dog stops immediately or within a few steps, usually in a pointing stance, upon observing a bracemate on point.

Being lascivious and non pc by nature I find point one quite entertaining.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #546 on: May 21, 2015, 01:28:03 PM »

Your statement dave is the typed equivalent of an inverse function.

Propaganda, myths and lies, have frequently come form the mccann camp, and the newspapers swallowing and perpetuating the same half truths and lies.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #547 on: May 21, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »

Propaganda, myths and lies, have frequently come form the mccann camp, and the newspapers swallowing and perpetuating the same half truths and lies.

Unfortunately a lot of the mtyhmisconceptions emanated from the co-ordinator of the investigation and some very flawed reasoning formed the basis of his approach ~ none more so than his misunderstanding of the use of dogs in the gathering of evidence. 

He dealt with many drug cases in his career ... did the Portuguese not have trained sniffer dogs helping in these investigations which might have given him a better understanding of how the dogs actually worked and how they were used?

... quote ...
Meanwhile, we were supposed to receive American electronic equipment that detects human bodies thanks to the odour that emanates from them (Scent Transfer Unit 100). But the equipment, blocked by customs, arrived late. We didn't need to use it, having obtained very concrete results, thanks to the dogs. Goncalo Amaral

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #548 on: May 21, 2015, 03:02:42 PM »
This reminds me of when people believed the premise that the sun revolved around the earth. If someone produced scientific evidence of the contrary, it was immediately dismissed as heresy and the person who presented this evidence was punished.

Some here start, with blind faith, with the premise that the McCanns are innocent, thus any evidence to the contrary is immediately dismissed as irrelevant and as heresy. Furthermore, the persons who doubt them are treated as heretics or with the new word "troll".

What I am saying is that if the dogs had alerted to anyone else the same number of times they had alerted to the parents, you would never dismiss them as you do now.
Funnily enough I would say exactly the same about "sceptics" who seem to have blind faith in the ability of a pair of dogs and who won't hear a negative word said against them, even if it comes in the form of scientific research proving issues such as the potential for handler bias (see my link).

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #549 on: May 21, 2015, 03:51:42 PM »
A more precise version of this maybe?:
The pointer is employed to find upland game. In performing its task as a hunters' aid, these skills may be expected from Pointers when hunting:
    Point – The dog finds and points out the location of birds.
    Honor – The dog stops immediately or within a few steps, usually in a pointing stance, upon observing a bracemate on point.

Being lascivious and non pc by nature I find point one quite entertaining.

A slight difference between pointing to a dead bird and pointing precisely to a speck of blood not visible to the naked eye - the dog's nose would have to hover millimetres above the speck surely?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #550 on: May 21, 2015, 04:36:45 PM »

let's have some examples then...I guarantee you will struggle

stephen25000

« Reply #551 on: May 21, 2015, 06:40:02 PM »
let's have some examples then...I guarantee you will struggle

1. Abduction.

2. Exhibiting responsible parenting skills.

3. Going out to dine at the tapas. When in fact they were drinking as well.

4.  Claiming to be devout catholics.   @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

More to come.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #552 on: May 21, 2015, 06:43:03 PM »
1. Abduction.

2. Exhibiting responsible parenting skills.

3. Going out to dine at the tapas. When in fact they were drinking as well.

4.  Claiming to be devout catholics.   @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

More to come.

Topic.  If You Please.  This is not a request.

stephen25000

« Reply #553 on: May 21, 2015, 06:54:23 PM »
Topic.  If You Please.  This is not a request.

Have you asked dave to do the same ? &%+((£

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #554 on: May 21, 2015, 06:59:13 PM »
Have you asked dave to do the same ? &%+((£

since Eleanor's request I have not responded....it is Montclair's post that has taken this thread off topic