Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 843198 times)

Offline John

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #795 on: July 07, 2015, 02:32:06 PM »
I will explain this as simply and clearly as I can.

Cadaver dogs alert to blood

Blood dogs alert to blood.

So where a blood dog alerts, there is blood.

And if a cadaver dog alerts in the same place, the cadaver dog, also, will be alerting to blood.

Not necessarily, the cadaver dog could be alerting to blood or cadaver or both as Carew has already pointed out.  See my reference to 3 dogs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:47:41 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #796 on: July 07, 2015, 02:38:42 PM »
A small point is that there was no forensic evidence that there was any blood anywhere in 5A or in the car. We're all assuming that the trace DNA must have been blood because that's all that Keela was trained for.

If a dog is trained to react to blood and subsequently does so then it is a fair bet that blood has been found.

By the same token, if a dog is trained to react to both blood and cadaver and subsequently reacts then the only conclusion which can be drawn is that the substance found was blood, cadaver or even both.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:26:40 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

ferryman

« Reply #797 on: July 07, 2015, 03:02:41 PM »
Not necessarily, the cadaver dog could be alerting to blood or cadaver or both as Carew has already pointed out.  See my reference to 3 dogs.

Pare the statement right down.

If there is blood in one spot inspected by both dogs, both dogs will react to blood.

All else is conditional.

Offline John

« Reply #798 on: July 07, 2015, 03:37:26 PM »
Pare the statement right down.

If there is blood in one spot inspected by both dogs, both dogs will react to blood.

All else is conditional.

I don't agree.  Unless you apply the 3-dog test, nothing can be guaranteed.

ferryman

« Reply #799 on: July 07, 2015, 03:42:54 PM »
I don't agree.  Unless you apply the 3-dog test, nothing can be guaranteed.

You think that if there is blood present, one dog or other might miss the scent?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #800 on: July 07, 2015, 03:46:21 PM »
If you watch the first alert in the Rua Das Flores house video, it is not to the cat, it is to the last thing sniffed, which answers both your questions.
By a straw not yet grasped at I meant k9 pregnancy surprised you haven't used that yet?

Good Lord! ... was Eddie pregnant?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #801 on: July 07, 2015, 04:24:41 PM »
You think that if there is blood present, one dog or other might miss the scent?

No more than Eddie would miss a cadaver scent.  Both dogs alerting indicated that blood or blood and cadaver had been found.  Unless a cadaver only dog was used there was no way of determining otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:26:48 PM by John »

ferryman

« Reply #802 on: July 07, 2015, 05:00:09 PM »
No more than Eddie would miss a cadaver scent.  Both dogs alerting indicated that blood or blood and cadaver had been found.  Unless a cadaver only dog was used there was no way of determining otherwise.

I beg to differ.  Eddie and Keela were used together for the first time ever in PdL, and we know there was no cadaver odour ...

Offline Carew

« Reply #803 on: July 07, 2015, 05:45:36 PM »
Both dogs alerting at the same spot does not rule out the possible presence of cadaver contaminant though you said it did.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:49:48 PM by Angelo222 »

stephen25000

« Reply #804 on: July 07, 2015, 05:50:53 PM »
What is the evidence of abduction ferryman ?

You keep stating it without a foundation of evidence to back it up.

As to the prosecutors, they had insufficient evidence to charge anyone.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:50:53 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #805 on: July 07, 2015, 05:51:51 PM »
I would go further.... A dog not alerting does not rule out cadaver odour
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:51:26 PM by Angelo222 »

ferryman

« Reply #806 on: July 07, 2015, 06:05:36 PM »
I would go further.... A dog not alerting does not rule out cadaver odour

Well, yes.  There is not a shred of evidence of cadaver odour.

There is evidence of questionable alerts, to clothing in one spot, but no reaction to the same clothing in a different spot.

And cuddle-cat.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:53:25 PM by Angelo222 »

stephen25000

« Reply #807 on: July 07, 2015, 06:09:09 PM »
Well, yes.  There is not a shred of evidence of cadaver odour.

There is evidence of questionable alerts, to clothing in one spot, but no reaction to the same clothing in a different spot.

And cuddle-cat.

When was it shown the dogs did not alert to a body ferryman ?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:54:33 PM by Angelo222 »

ferryman

« Reply #808 on: July 07, 2015, 06:10:57 PM »

What is the evidence of abduction ferryman ?

You keep stating it without a foundation of evidence to back it up.

As to the prosecutors, they had insufficient evidence to charge anyone.

The principal evidence of abduction is the absence of evidence of anything else.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:55:10 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #809 on: July 07, 2015, 06:27:10 PM »

According to his book Mr Amaral had already determined that his theory was the only game in town. 

As far as he was concerned, even before the first sniff occurred, there could only be one outcome ... "Their mission: to find Madeleine’s body and expose those responsible." Amaral Chapter 17.

Thus the mindset for the classic mistake of trying to make the evidence fit the theory distorted the outcome, or lack of it, of the dogs visit.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....