Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 835626 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #855 on: July 08, 2015, 08:21:08 PM »
AFAIK, there is no such thing as a unique cadaver odour (at least to a dog).

Think about it.

A whole decomposing body will have a different smell to different body parts. Each will give off a certain "bouquet", and each varies according to the stage.

You don't have to be a springer spaniel to distinguish between the smell of liver, kidney and steak do you? A rotting bit of offal won't smell the same as a 10-year-old bone that your dog happened to have hidden under your sofa.

I think this was covered, here, in paragraph two (if I understood your post properly, which wasn't too clear)

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P9/09_VOLUME_IXa_Page_2480.jpg

Offline mercury

« Reply #856 on: July 08, 2015, 10:22:04 PM »
The current SIO has worked on a case where a dog was incredibly reliable.

Do you mean Ms Wall? Which case?

Offline mercury

« Reply #857 on: July 08, 2015, 10:28:07 PM »
Pathfinder needs a new Sat Nav.

While it is an unavoidable fact that Madeleine disappeared from Apartment 5A of the 'Ocean Club', the manner and circumstances under which this happened are not - despite the numerous diligences made in that sense -, therefore the range of crimes that were indicated and referred to during the inquiry remains untouched.

(Portuguese prosecutors, who reached that conclusion without a reconstitution).

you have just made a quote whch refutes your position, oh dear, all it says is it is a fact that Madeleine is missing, but unclear who is responsible or how she disappeared

ferryman

« Reply #858 on: July 09, 2015, 10:45:53 AM »
you have just made a quote whch refutes your position, oh dear, all it says is it is a fact that Madeleine is missing, but unclear who is responsible or how she disappeared

The (shelved) enquiry established beyond doubt that neither Kate and Gerry nor any of their friends (and neither Robert Murat) had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance.

The second enquiry started with the implicit assumption of the innocence of all three (original!) arguidos ...

Offline pegasus

« Reply #859 on: July 09, 2015, 11:43:17 AM »
The (shelved) enquiry established beyond doubt that neither Kate and Gerry nor any of their friends (and neither Robert Murat) had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance.

The second enquiry started with the implicit assumption of the innocence of all three (original!) arguidos ...
The second enquiry started with the implicit assumption of the innocence of everyone.
ETA and presumably looked afresh at the dog alerts.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:01:09 PM by pegasus »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #860 on: July 09, 2015, 11:51:18 AM »

Amaral and The Dogs.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #861 on: July 13, 2015, 12:12:10 PM »
... the sniffer dog that GNR sent to the location, on the day following the english girl’s disappearance. It’s an animal that only follows odours, and that “detected the movement of the child from the room to another point inside the apartment”, according to a source with the Guarda. The same source said that “based on that signal, it was not possible to conclude whether the child was alive or dead – because a sniffer dog will smell both the living and the dead”. Yet, outside the house, both through the windows that faced the Tapas restaurant – where the McCanns had dinner with their seven friends – and through the main door, “the dog lost the trail, as if the child had exited, for example, rolled up in a blanket”, that source said.
Source: Sol, 4 Aug 2007

Offline Brietta

« Reply #862 on: July 13, 2015, 12:38:26 PM »
... the sniffer dog that GNR sent to the location, on the day following the english girl’s disappearance. It’s an animal that only follows odours, and that “detected the movement of the child from the room to another point inside the apartment”, according to a source with the Guarda. The same source said that “based on that signal, it was not possible to conclude whether the child was alive or dead – because a sniffer dog will smell both the living and the dead”. Yet, outside the house, both through the windows that faced the Tapas restaurant – where the McCanns had dinner with their seven friends – and through the main door, “the dog lost the trail, as if the child had exited, for example, rolled up in a blanket”, that source said.
Source: Sol, 4 Aug 2007

Hmmm ... did Sol mention if it happened to be a pink blanket?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #863 on: July 13, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »
                                  Hmmm ... did Sol mention if it happened to be a pink blanket?
IMO "blanket" is given only as an example of the assumption of being wrapped up in or enclosed in something. Which is assumed because the GNR dog reportedly was not able to continue the trail from that second unnamed indoor location to the outside.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:59:20 PM by pegasus »

Offline Carana

« Reply #864 on: July 13, 2015, 01:15:05 PM »
IMO "blanket" is given only as an example of the assumption of being wrapped up in or enclosed in something. Which is assumed because the GNR dog reportedly was not able to continue the trail from that second unnamed indoor location to the outside.

It's possible that she was taken out and wrapped in something... but I don't see how it could have been the pink blanket as that is what had been given to the dogs to attempt to find her.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #865 on: July 13, 2015, 01:26:21 PM »
Here is the source - scroll down to the Sol 4 Aug 2007 article.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id117.html
If true, it claims IMO that a GNR dog was deployed inside the apartment on 4th May, and tracked from the child bedroom to some other location inside the apartment, but was then unable to track further from that unnamed indoor location to the outside.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:32:03 PM by pegasus »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #866 on: July 13, 2015, 02:47:31 PM »
Here is the source - scroll down to the Sol 4 Aug 2007 article.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id117.html
If true, it claims IMO that a GNR dog was deployed inside the apartment on 4th May, and tracked from the child bedroom to some other location inside the apartment, but was then unable to track further from that unnamed indoor location to the outside.

It would certainly explain the amount of dog hair found which contaminated the forensics.  But why??? is it considered remarkable that a sniffer dog would sniff the scent of a missing child within within the premises where she had lived for a number of days?

I think the value of the Sol report lies in reading the files and the reports of what the GNR sniffer dogs actually did in their searches for Madeleine.

There is nothing in the files which replicates the inventive Sol account of events.

I think it must be read in the context of damaging leaks to the press from a 'source close to the investigation' at a time when there was a spate of such pejorative leaks to soften up public opinion against Madeleine's parents.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

« Reply #867 on: July 13, 2015, 03:06:58 PM »
It would certainly explain the amount of dog hair found which contaminated the forensics.  But why??? is it considered remarkable that a sniffer dog would sniff the scent of a missing child within within the premises where she had lived for a number of days?

I think the value of the Sol report lies in reading the files and the reports of what the GNR sniffer dogs actually did in their searches for Madeleine.

There is nothing in the files which replicates the inventive Sol account of events.

I think it must be read in the context of damaging leaks to the press from a 'source close to the investigation' at a time when there was a spate of such pejorative leaks to soften up public opinion against Madeleine's parents.

On this, as on other dog-related issues, I am out on a limb.

Very highly trained and well-disciplined though I believe the dogs the Portuguese deployed to have been, I do not believe that they were of the right discipline for the type of search required.

I think they had air-scenting dogs of the type that track the generic human scent, a belief supported by a reference of Mark Harrison in one of his reports.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #868 on: July 13, 2015, 03:14:51 PM »

Two things would be very remarkable indeed if the Sol's source is true.
1. If true, the most recent scent on 4th May led from child bedroom to another point inside the apartment.
2. If true, the most recent scent stopped at that unnamed second point and didn't continue out a door.
How could that be possible?

Offline jassi

« Reply #869 on: July 13, 2015, 03:17:19 PM »
Wrong scent, perhaps?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future