Author Topic: Being White & OK With It May Be A Criminal Offence.  (Read 823 times)

Online Wonderfulspam

Being White & OK With It May Be A Criminal Offence.
« on: November 06, 2021, 08:12:24 AM »

Basingstoke 'It’s okay to be white' posters spark investigation

Posters saying "It's okay to be white" have sparked a police hate crime investigation.

They were found on lampposts in two roads in Basingstoke and near Basingstoke College of Technology.

Hampshire Constabulary was alerted to the posters by a resident on Thursday and said they are being treated as a hate crime.

Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council has arranged for the posters to be removed.

Resident Priya Brown said: "These tactics are divisive and they have no place in today's world. They're tactics that are used to divide deliberately by neo-Nazi groups and white supremacy groups. It started in the US but we have seen it here in the UK."

A spokesperson for the police force said they were liaising with local community groups as part of the investigation.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Online Wonderfulspam

Re: Being White & OK With It May Be A Criminal Offence.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 08:15:39 AM »
I'm not sure what the correct position for being white is.

Is it 'Not OK' to be white, & if not, why?

Would 'It's OK to be Black' or 'It's OK to be Asian' posters be considered a hate crime?

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 03:24:38 PM »

I've only just noticed this post has been approved, anyway.

I'm seriously hoping the police catch whoever did this as I genuinely want to see a prosecution for this alleged offence.

I want to see it detailed to the public exactly how this is a hateful statement, because logically, the law would be asserting that it Isn't OK to be White, which I believe might be in contravention of the UK equality act.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 04:03:01 PM »
The anti defamation league describe it has a hate slogan, although they don't actually say who it expresses hatred toward:

The original idea behind the campaign was to choose an ostensibly innocuous and inoffensive slogan, put that slogan on fliers bereft of any other words or imagery, then place the fliers in public locations. Originators assumed that “liberals” would react negatively to such fliers and condemn them or take them down, thus “proving” that liberals did not even think it was “okay" to be white.

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/its-okay-to-be-white

.....& they were infact proven to be right, the innocuous phrase promoting white approval or acceptance, note, not any superiority....(it's not great or excellent or the best being white, merely okay) is met with condemnation & now criminal investigation.