Author Topic: Paedophile Roderick McDonald aka Roderick William Robinson arrested in Malta.  (Read 90942 times)

Offline Admin

A 76-year-old British national, who was living in Gozo, Malta, will be extradited to the UK where he will serve time for the sexual assault of a girl aged under 13.

Roderick McDonald, 76, previously known as Roderick William Robinson, will be extradited to the UK.

Sicko Roderick William Robinson has been on the run for more than a decade and now sources say he could have vital evidence about a suspected paedophile ring.

Robinson, 77, was first arrested while lying low at a rundown campsite on the Algarve in 2010. He had been on the run for more than a decade. After Robinson’s arrest in 2010 he was ­extradited to Australia where he was wanted for raping an eight-year-old girl in 1998. After agreeing to a plea deal he was convicted of indecently assaulting the child and sentenced to six months in prison.

Within weeks of his release the former oil rig worker fled to Thailand but three months later he was deported back to Britain after Thai authorities found out about his past.

He moved to Brighton, east Sussex, and was made to sign the sex offenders register. But in June 2012 he went on to sexually assault two girls, aged five and seven, on a yacht. This led to another conviction but, despite his past, his 12-month sentence was suspended for two years. Within weeks he changed his name by deed poll and fled to the Far East.

Scotland Yard detectives are currently ­investigating 18 possible linked break-ins at Algarve villas by a lone intruder between 2004 and 2010. Six have come to light since an appeal by UK detectives last month, with five of those involving alleged sex attacks on British girls.

Overall, nine of the 18 break-ins involved assaults on British girls, aged six to 12. Three took place in Praia da Luz.

The attacks stopped at around the time Robinson was deported from Portugal.

He was first arrested by Portuguese police at a campsite in Olhao on the Algarve, 60 miles from Praia da Luz. He associated with other ­paedophiles in the area around the time Madeleine vanished.

A source said: “These are questions that could have particular significance in the ­disappearance of Madeleine McCann.”

When he was deported from Thailand, Robinson told a reporter: “I’m a marked man for the rest of my life which won’t be very long.”

Read full article

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 01:05:34 PM by Admin »

Offline colombosstogey

This is the trouble when they let them have plea bargains they can go on to do it again. Once a pedo always a pedo. Its ludicrous i cant believe he was only given 6 months, yet the celebrities in this country have been banged up for 8 years etc for no evidence....and historical abuse aka groping etc.

Something blo((dy wrong with all this.

Any known pedo with proven sexual assault should be castrated IMHO.

Alfred R Jones

Interesting report, which puts paid to the notion that ONLY British children were attacked on the Algarve, something which had hitherto attracted sneers of derision on this forum about the attacks themselves.  Let's hope this is the man responsible and that he is brought to justice soon.

Offline Brietta

Interesting report, which puts paid to the notion that ONLY British children were attacked on the Algarve, something which had hitherto attracted sneers of derision on this forum about the attacks themselves.  Let's hope this is the man responsible and that he is brought to justice soon.

Initially I thought the interest in him was not as a suspect but because he might be able to furnish information about organised paedophile rings in the Algarve, however the more I read about him the more worried I become.

What on earth was his source of income to allow him to travel the world, and sail a yacht round the Mediterranean reportedly visiting places … in which by coincidence, there have been sightings of Madeleine.

In one Mirror article alone

>>snip<<
British detectives believe he could have vital evidence about a suspected paedophile ring that operated across the Algarve at the time three-year-old Madeleine was snatched in Praia da Luz in 2007.

Today DCI Andy Redwood hinted his detectives will attempt to interview McDonald.

After months of ’No Comments’ to reporters trailing him during his regular trips to Portugal, Mr Redwood said when asked if he wanted to question McDonald as he left the Coimbra forensics HQ: “Not today.”

When MacDonald was arrested in a dramatic swoop on his flat on the Maltese island of Gozo on Monday he told detectives: “I should have spoken about all this years ago.”

>>snip<<
Today shocked friends in Sannat revealed MacDonald would often boast to them how he would sail a private yacht around the Mediterranean, often stopping in resorts like Praia da Luz in Portugal.

Retired policeman John Buttigieg, 55, who knew MacDonald during his time in Malta, said people could not believe they had such a dangerous predator in their midst.

He said: “We are sickened by this, this guy lived in our community, played with our children, nobody can believe he was allowed to travel the world without the authorities catching him before now.

“The entire island is shocked that he could have lived amongst us for so long and as an ex-cop I cannot understand how he was able to travel so freely if he was a wanted man - it’s a very bad joke.”

>>snip<<
British police are currently probing 18 break-ins at Algarve villas by an intruder from 2004 to 201 they believe could be key to cracking the Madeleine McCann case.

The attacks stopped around the time McDonald was deported to Australia and they believe he has crucial information about paedophile gangs operating in the area at the time.

A source said: “Roderick Robinson is a notorious and dangerous sex offender.

“He has shown a pattern of disturbing behaviour wherever he has travelled.

“He may have vital information which could shed light on the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-paedophile-jet-setted-around-4445150#ixzz3GIR1u451
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

Initially I thought the interest in him was not as a suspect but because he might be able to furnish information about organised paedophile rings in the Algarve, however the more I read about him the more worried I become.

What on earth was his source of income to allow him to travel the world, and sail a yacht round the Mediterranean reportedly visiting places … in which by coincidence, there have been sightings of Madeleine.

In one Mirror article alone

>>snip<<
British detectives believe he could have vital evidence about a suspected paedophile ring that operated across the Algarve at the time three-year-old Madeleine was snatched in Praia da Luz in 2007.

Today DCI Andy Redwood hinted his detectives will attempt to interview McDonald.

After months of ’No Comments’ to reporters trailing him during his regular trips to Portugal, Mr Redwood said when asked if he wanted to question McDonald as he left the Coimbra forensics HQ: “Not today.”

When MacDonald was arrested in a dramatic swoop on his flat on the Maltese island of Gozo on Monday he told detectives: “I should have spoken about all this years ago.”

>>snip<<
Today shocked friends in Sannat revealed MacDonald would often boast to them how he would sail a private yacht around the Mediterranean, often stopping in resorts like Praia da Luz in Portugal.

Retired policeman John Buttigieg, 55, who knew MacDonald during his time in Malta, said people could not believe they had such a dangerous predator in their midst.

He said: “We are sickened by this, this guy lived in our community, played with our children, nobody can believe he was allowed to travel the world without the authorities catching him before now.

“The entire island is shocked that he could have lived amongst us for so long and as an ex-cop I cannot understand how he was able to travel so freely if he was a wanted man - it’s a very bad joke.”

>>snip<<
British police are currently probing 18 break-ins at Algarve villas by an intruder from 2004 to 201 they believe could be key to cracking the Madeleine McCann case.

The attacks stopped around the time McDonald was deported to Australia and they believe he has crucial information about paedophile gangs operating in the area at the time.

A source said: “Roderick Robinson is a notorious and dangerous sex offender.

“He has shown a pattern of disturbing behaviour wherever he has travelled.

“He may have vital information which could shed light on the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-paedophile-jet-setted-around-4445150#ixzz3GIR1u451

Just chuck a load of paedo suspect names out there & say christ what if he did it!...., ignore the fact that no one can explain how the hell they could have got in and out of the apartment & actually carry the deed out.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Online Eleanor

Someone was getting in and out of appartments on The Algarve, and sexually assaulting young girls.  And this man mixed with other paedophiles.  So at the very least he might know something.

This is a very promising lead so I don't know where the barrel scalping comes in.

Offline faithlilly

Someone was getting in and out of appartments on The Algarve, and sexually assaulting young girls.  And this man mixed with other paedophiles.  So at the very least he might know something.

This is a very promising lead so I don't know where the barrel scalping comes in.

No it's not Eleanor. It's the press putting two and two together and making five, ably assisted by 'the source' of course !
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Wonderfulspam

This guy has precisely jack sh*t to do with Madeleine's not abduction.

Explain how an abduction could have occured from 5a, fitting with the evidence, without making me laugh.

Offline Jean-Pierre

No it's not Eleanor. It's the press putting two and two together and making five, ably assisted by 'the source' of course !

That is the press for you.  The journalists creed - "Make it sing, make it dance, make it up".

And it has always been necessary to take what appears with a whole cellarful of salt.

There are a few good, honourable journalists of the old school left.  And a few good new ones - but most will anything for a story.

Offline colombosstogey

This guy has precisely jack sh*t to do with Madeleine's not abduction.

Explain how an abduction could have occured from 5a, fitting with the evidence, without making me laugh.

I am confused as I thought they were blaming dead tractor man for all the other break ins?  I agree with you sentiments above though.

Offline Wonderfulspam

I am confused as I thought they were blaming dead tractor man for all the other break ins?  I agree with you sentiments above though.

Good point, & the other guy was the pot bellied, poor hygeine, burgudy shirt guy who spoke slowly with a foreign accent, IIRC.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

He is a bit too fat and looks unfit to be jumping in and out of small windows without leaving a trace...

Although, his friend looks like an older version of Gerry on another thread (Scottish paedos). I just want to clarify that the Welsh, English, and Irish also have Paedos.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:24:50 PM by Admin »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Alice Purjorick

A 76-year-old British national, who was living in Gozo, Malta, will be extradited to the UK where he will serve time for the sexual assault of a girl aged under 13.

Roderick McDonald, 76, previously known as Roderick William Robinson, will be extradited to the UK.

Sicko Roderick William Robinson has been on the run for more than a decade and now sources say he could have vital evidence about a suspected paedophile ring.

Robinson, 77, was first arrested while lying low at a rundown campsite on the Algarve in 2010. He had been on the run for more than a decade. After Robinson’s arrest in 2010 he was ­extradited to Australia where he was wanted for raping an eight-year-old girl in 1998. After agreeing to a plea deal he was convicted of indecently assaulting the child and sentenced to six months in prison.

Within weeks of his release the former oil rig worker fled to Thailand but three months later he was deported back to Britain after Thai authorities found out about his past.

He moved to Brighton, east Sussex, and was made to sign the sex offenders register. But in June 2012 he went on to sexually assault two girls, aged five and seven, on a yacht. This led to another conviction but, despite his past, his 12-month sentence was suspended for two years. Within weeks he changed his name by deed poll and fled to the Far East.

Scotland Yard detectives are currently ­investigating 18 possible linked break-ins at Algarve villas by a lone intruder between 2004 and 2010. Six have come to light since an appeal by UK detectives last month, with five of those involving alleged sex attacks on British girls.

Overall, nine of the 18 break-ins involved assaults on British girls, aged six to 12. Three took place in Praia da Luz.

The attacks stopped at around the time Robinson was deported from Portugal.

He was first arrested by Portuguese police at a campsite in Olhao on the Algarve, 60 miles from Praia da Luz. He associated with other ­paedophiles in the area around the time Madeleine vanished.

A source said: “These are questions that could have particular significance in the ­disappearance of Madeleine McCann.”

When he was deported from Thailand, Robinson told a reporter: “I’m a marked man for the rest of my life which won’t be very long.”

Read full article

Red bits: sources?
Blue bit: it does not say 18 sexual assaults it says 18 break ins during which there were nine sexual assaults on British girls. It does not mention sexual assaults on girls of other nationalities.
Orange bit: there had been a discernible pattern & frequency?

Same old place same old stories , what can I do I .............?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline a.baker

So,this guy may be able to help with info of a paedophile ring operating in the Algarve at the time of Madeleine's disappearance. How is that going to help the investigation? Thought SY think she was killed/taken in a botched burglary attempt? If they want to know about the paedophiles that were operating in the area at the time,why don't they just ask Gerry? He was the one that mentioned them in a phonecall to a family member the night his daughter went missing.

Offline Wonderfulspam

So,this guy may be able to help with info of a paedophile ring operating in the Algarve at the time of Madeleine's disappearance. How is that going to help the investigation? Thought SY think she was killed/taken in a botched burglary attempt? If they want to know about the paedophiles that were operating in the area at the time,why don't they just ask Gerry? He was the one that mentioned them in a phonecall to a family member the night his daughter went missing.

He certainly mentioned it to someone, but quite how he knew that remains a mystery.... &%+((£

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GRAHAM-MCKENZIE.htm

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 04:54:27 PM by Mr Moderator »