Author Topic: Would a second referendum or peoples vote achieve anything?  (Read 15464 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Would a second referendum or peoples vote achieve anything?
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2019, 02:53:03 PM »
It's not just a few dingys... If it was it wouldnt be a problem...
220 people in November and December, how many dinghys is that?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2019, 08:08:46 PM »
Ironically Brexit may well mean we end up with more "asylum seekers" than whilst we are in the EU, as we will no longer have the Dublin regulation which allows us to return these people to the first European country they registered at.  Also, how vigilant are France going to be about stopping asylum seekers gaining illegal entry to the UK post Brexit?

You are confusing genuine asylum seekers with illegal immigrants.  I understand you and Carana have an agenda, but you are not getting away with closing your eyes to the truths about these illegal immigrants and their agendas.

Very few women are on these boats with token children. This is their ticket. use the children.  In some instances it has been reported that children have been thown overboard to prevent detection. There are scam marriges, forced prostitution of women & men/boys being raped/tortured. The slave trade is alive an well.

How many men do ylou think are in our primary schools and secondary schools who claimed to be children- how many social workers and teachers are being ignored and victimises for highlighting this problem?

So let us sit back eat our cake and drink our tea and call anyone who doesn't love slave traders rascists shall we?

Asylum seekers indeed!

Oh and.... I would ask those who seek to house these 'asylum seekers'  to have them in their homes and sleep in their beds and use their money to 'help' them.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2019, 08:27:00 PM »

You are confusing genuine asylum seekers with illegal immigrants.  I understand you and Carana have an agenda, but you are not getting away with closing your eyes to the truths about these illegal immigrants and their agendas.

Very few women are on these boats with token children. This is their ticket. use the children.  In some instances it has been reported that children have been thown overboard to prevent detection. There are scam marriges, forced prostitution of women & men/boys being raped/tortured. The slave trade is alive an well.

How many men do ylou think are in our primary schools and secondary schools who claimed to be children- how many social workers and teachers are being ignored and victimises for highlighting this problem?

So let us sit back eat our cake and drink our tea and call anyone who doesn't love slave traders rascists shall we?

Asylum seekers indeed!

Oh and.... I would ask those who seek to house these 'asylum seekers'  to have them in their homes and sleep in their beds and use their money to 'help' them.
Why do you always have to be so aggressive and frankly paranoid sounding?  I have no agenda whatsoever, any more than you do anyway.   What exactly are you accusing me of?  Being a lover of illegal immigrants or something?  Did you not notice my use of inverted commas around the phrase “asylum seekers”?   Try not to be so facetious, insulting and childish, we’d get along much better as a result I’m sure. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2019, 08:41:42 PM »
Why do you always have to be so aggressive and frankly paranoid sounding?  I have no agenda whatsoever, any more than you do anyway.   What exactly are you accusing me of?  Being a lover of illegal immigrants or something?  Did you not notice my use of inverted commas around the phrase “asylum seekers”?   Try not to be so facetious, insulting and childish, we’d get along much better as a result I’m sure.

Name calling?   ^*&&

My agenda is quite clear. I have no time for abuse of any kind directed at anyone.

I fear for and speak up for the vulnerable in our society.who are mainly women,children, many, and not all, from ethnic backgrounds,  gay/lesbians, those with mental and physical disabilities. Regardless of their income.

These groups lose out because of lack of funds which is being directed at illegal immigrants pretending to be asylum seekers.

These immigrants come in from the EU -who has an open door policy  of which we are members of-just in case you missed that bit. &^^&*

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2019, 08:51:11 PM »
Name calling?   ^*&&

My agenda is quite clear. I have no time for abuse of any kind directed at anyone.

I fear for and speak up for the vulnerable in our society.who are mainly women,children, many, and not all, from ethnic backgrounds,  gay/lesbians, those with mental and physical disabilities. Regardless of their income.

These groups lose out because of lack of funds which is being directed at illegal immigrants pretending to be asylum seekers.

These immigrants come in from the EU -who has an open door policy  of which we are members of-just in case you missed that bit. &^^&*
I know that there are thousands of “asylum seekers” in Calais who are there desperate to get to Britain but which are currently prevented from doing so.  What will leaving the EU change about that?  We won’t be able to return illegals to the first EU country they registered in once we leave.  How much of our welfare budget is spent on illegal immigrants versus the other groups you mention? 

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2019, 09:24:21 PM »
I know that there are thousands of “asylum seekers” in Calais who are there desperate to get to Britain but which are currently prevented from doing so.  What will leaving the EU change about that?  We won’t be able to return illegals to the first EU country they registered in once we leave.  How much of our welfare budget is spent on illegal immigrants versus the other groups you mention?

"I know that there are thousands of “asylum seekers” in Calais who are there desperate to get to Britain"

Why? why here?   Oh don't bother to reply I already know why!  I could give facts and figures but there really is no point.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2019, 09:31:21 PM »
"I know that there are thousands of “asylum seekers” in Calais who are there desperate to get to Britain"

Why? why here?   Oh don't bother to reply I already know why!  I could give facts and figures but there really is no point.
I wish I understood what point you were trying to make, put as you don’t see any point in articulating in favour of raging I guess I’ll never know.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2019, 09:37:08 PM »
We have had a referendum and the people voted to leave... Parilament has not respected the vote of the people.... What's the point of a second referendum...why should we trust parliament to respect the view of the people

Offline Sunny

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2019, 06:36:22 AM »
We have had a referendum and the people voted to leave... Parilament has not respected the vote of the people.... What's the point of a second referendum...why should we trust parliament to respect the view of the people

There are remain MPs fighting to remain in the EU when their electorate voted to leave.  Do these people represent us, doesn't seem so IMO.

Wish I had actually voted leave last time.

This is a first Davel. I agree with you, get the kettle on  8)--))
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2019, 09:28:35 AM »
I agree too. Parliament may be able to disregard the result of the referendum legally, but it's morally reprehensible. If politicians don't believe in respecting democracy why should the population do so?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2019, 09:28:10 PM »
I agree too. Parliament may be able to disregard the result of the referendum legally, but it's morally reprehensible. If politicians don't believe in respecting democracy why should the population do so?

We live in a representative democracy... Parliament has every right to ignore the referendum

Online Eleanor

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2019, 09:30:44 PM »
We live in a representative democracy... Parliament has every right to ignore the referendum

This, sadly, is probably true.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2019, 09:23:53 AM »

Legally, yes. Morally? I would say not. They are, after all, 'Honourable' members.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0