Author Topic: German court rules prosecutor no jurisdiction in Madeleine McCann case.  (Read 13516 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: German court rules prosecutor no jurisdiction in Madeleine McCann case.
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2023, 11:25:52 AM »
At present CB is trying to delay being tried for 3 rapes and two paedo offences. He can't avoid the trial...only delay it

Perhaps he hopes to be released before it happens.  And then he can disappear again.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2023, 01:27:58 PM »
He has no chance of being released with these charges pending..he would be remandd in custody

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2023, 05:18:16 PM »
He has no chance of being released with these charges pending..he would be remandd in custody

On what Charge?  Although I do hope so.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2023, 05:33:35 PM »
At present CB is trying to delay being tried for 3 rapes and two paedo offences. He can't avoid the trial...only delay it
His offenses and his alleged offenses are very serious.  Yet there are those who seem quite pleased that the German court has listened to his lawyer's plea about his residency based on CB's word and at the expense of delaying his appearance in court.
Considering his latest indictments go back as far as 2004 further delay is nothing to be pleased about.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2023, 05:44:19 PM »
Perhaps he hopes to be released before it happens.  And then he can disappear again.

CB is due to be released in a couple of years so I think that is the object of the exercise.

But thinking back to his parlous state as a penniless vagrant when he was arrested in Italy maybe he was on the run not only from the German police but from a falling out amongst thieves.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2023, 07:01:30 PM »
CB is due to be released in a couple of years so I think that is the object of the exercise.

But thinking back to his parlous state as a penniless vagrant when he was arrested in Italy maybe he was on the run not only from the German police but from a falling out amongst thieves.

Good thinking, Brie.

Maybe he was hiding in Italy from fear of a master crook who he had previous links to?   Did he have any previous links to Italy?   

Offline Brietta

« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2023, 10:04:27 AM »
Good thinking, Brie.

Maybe he was hiding in Italy from fear of a master crook who he had previous links to?   Did he have any previous links to Italy?

I've not seen much about his time in Italy, Sadie.  If he hadn't had to seek official assistance for replacement papers we would probably never have known anything about him ending up there. At the time the Italian police didn't seem to have any previous on him.

The Shengen zone covers a huge area and Brueckner was able to cross borders at will.  For the likes of him an absolutely ideal situation with his comings and goings being known to none but himself.

He claimed to have travelled by train to Italy via Switzerland.  I find that absolutely bizarre given the number of vehicles to which he had access and/or his alleged skill set in lifting that which doesn't belong to him to be able to acquire one.

I don't think anyone will ever be able to find out for sure how Brueckner ended up as an apparent down and out in Italy, but it is a weird part of his story which kept him off the streets for some time.
"Timeline" is a word which features prominently in Madeleine's case.  No-one will ever know what Brueckner's was.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 10:08:11 AM by Brietta »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2023, 11:06:29 PM »
I thought everyone knew this?    German tax payers money now being wasted on something which doesn't concern them. if they have information they should pass it on to Portugal.

If CB committed a crime with MBM in Germany that would be a whole different ball game.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2023, 11:50:14 PM »
I thought everyone knew this?    German tax payers money now being wasted on something which doesn't concern them. if they have information they should pass it on to Portugal.

If CB committed a crime with MBM in Germany that would be a whole different ball game.
do you have a link?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2023, 02:53:42 PM »
do you have a link?

For what?

German court rules (blah blah)  erm who pays for German courts...

IF a German citizen breaks the law in another country THEY NEED hard evidence.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2023, 05:10:10 PM »
For what?

German court rules (blah blah)  erm who pays for German courts...

IF a German citizen breaks the law in another country THEY NEED hard evidence.
it’s ok, I found it
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly