Author Topic: Did Madeleine Spend Christmas Alone at Her Grandma’s ?  (Read 9543 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Did Madeleine Spend Christmas Alone at Her Grandma’s ?
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2018, 11:41:46 PM »
Did Amaral give the reasoning behind every question asked in the arguido interviews in his book ?
No, but if the PJ had received information to the effect that the McCanns wanted shot of Madeleine why would he not mention it in his book, the book in which he tried his damnedest to convince the reader that the McCanns disposed of their child’s body?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2018, 11:42:34 PM »
You know what they say VS, every day’s a school day !
Every day is like playtime in the schoolyard more like.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2018, 11:54:10 PM »
No, but if the PJ had received information to the effect that the McCanns wanted shot of Madeleine why would he not mention it in his book, the book in which he tried his damnedest to convince the reader that the McCanns disposed of their child’s body?

I have no idea though as I haven’t read the whole of his book, as I suspect neither have you, I’m not even sure he didn’t mention it,.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 07:06:43 AM »
On another thread it was mentioned that Madeleine spending Christmas alone with her grandmother may have been the catalyst for this question from the PJ.

41 --- Asked whether or not it is true that in England she was thinking to deliver MADELEINE into the custody [guardianship] of a family member, she did not respond.

This assumption seems to have come from an interview in the Daily Record with Madeleine’s Scottish grandmother in which she said

“When she was two, Madeleine spent Christmas at my house and it was lovely.

"The next year, the family came up for New Year but on Christmas Day Madeleine called and said she'd got a kitchen from Santa. She was very excited and said 'I'm going to make some tea'."

For me it’s obvious that Mrs McCann only mentioned Madeleine because that’s who she was specifically asked about. There is nothing to suggest that Madeleine’s parents and siblings weren’t there too.

That being said there is no way that this could have possibly been the catalyst for question 41.

In my opinion there was a specific reason for questions such as these;

39. Are the twins difficult to get to sleep? Are they restless and does that cause you uneasiness?

40.  Is it true that sometimes you despaired with your children’s behaviour and that left you feeling very uneasy?

41. Is it true that in England you even considered handing over Madeleine’s custody to a relative?

The PJ took Kate's diaries, but weren't allowed to enter them as evidence. According to rumour,  however, the diaries contained information which suggested that she found life difficult with three small children.

Portuguese newspapers are claiming to have seen Kate McCann's diary and have published what they say are extracts.

Kate is alleged to have moaned about her missing daughter in her diary and the lack of help she gets from her husband with domestic chores and bringing up their three kids.

Portuguese tabloid Correio da Manha headlined its front page today: "Kate insults her children in her diary." It claimed on an inside page: "She complains frequently that her children are 'hysterical' and speaks of Madeleine as a child whose excess activity exhausts her.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-481645/McCanns-facing-fresh-slurs-Portuguese-press-Kates-diaries.html

If Kate McCann wrote those things in her diary then they could have triggered those particular questions.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Sunny

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2018, 07:17:38 AM »
This thread is interesting as it shows some posters views on whether Madeleine did spend Christmas 2005 with her grandmother

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2105.60

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline xtina

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2018, 07:35:45 AM »

In my opinion, he didn't mention it in his book ...because it wasn't about slagging the parents off.......

it was about finding the truth what happened to maddie....

obviously, it may have been covered at a later date by him.....

but unfortunately, he was removed...

Kate is alleged to have moaned about her missing daughter in her diary and the lack of help she gets from her husband with domestic chores and bringing up their three kids.

Portuguese tabloid Correio da Manha headlined its front page today: "Kate insults her children in her diary." It claimed on an inside page: "She complains frequently that her children are 'hysterical' and speaks of Madeleine as a child whose excess activity exhausts her.

"She tells also how Gerry doesn't help her with the family chores and that she has to cope alone with her two youngest children."

kmcc....never mentioned any of that in her book did she...

gmcc was portrayed as a saint ........in my opinion.....
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2018, 07:56:50 AM »
I have no idea though as I haven’t read the whole of his book, as I suspect neither have you, I’m not even sure he didn’t mention it,.
Over the years I probably have read all of it, and I certainly don’t recall him stating that a family member had come forward to claim the McCanns wanted shot of Madeleine. 

Offline xtina

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2018, 08:46:53 AM »
It does make yous wonder....after what kmcc put in her dairy...

the way she described her children...

how they all could be put to bed no problem ...at the same time...

if maddie was sent to grandmas....

wouldn't it have made more sense for grandma to go to there's....

as G-Unit said there must have been a valid reason ...for these questions ....

39. Are the twins difficult to get to sleep? Are they restless and does that cause you uneasiness?

40.  Is it true that sometimes you despaired with your children’s behaviour and that left you feeling very uneasy?

41. Is it true that in England you even considered handing over Madeleine’s custody to a relative?

post in my opinion...

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2018, 09:54:19 AM »
Strange that Amaral omitted such a potentially relevant detail out of his damning book.

Why do you say it is strange?
That is scarcely a definitive comment is it?
What has Sr Amaral's book to do with whether or not Madeleine McCann spent Christmas alone with her granny?
Just asking questions like.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:02:25 AM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2018, 10:03:40 AM »
Why do you say it is strange?
That is scarcely a definitive comment is it?
What has Sr Amarals book have to do with whether or not Madeleine McCann spent Christmas alone with her granny?
Just asking questions like.
If you care to follow the thread of the conversation back, you will see that the first comment of mine you chose to attack was in response to Eleanor writing:

“Is there any suggestion that The McCanns wished to pass Madeleine to someone else to raise?”

That is what I have been commenting on, and continue to consider it odd that had some family member come forward with this extraordinary claim that Amaral failed to mention it in “The Truth Of The Lie” seeing as how it would be a pretty damning piece of evidence.  Now, you may think this is stupidity and ignorance on my part, but it would be helpful if you could explain why, rather than simply heaping contempt on all of my posts as is your wont.

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2018, 10:17:16 AM »
On another thread it was mentioned that Madeleine spending Christmas alone with her grandmother may have been the catalyst for this question from the PJ.

41 --- Asked whether or not it is true that in England she was thinking to deliver MADELEINE into the custody [guardianship] of a family member, she did not respond.

This assumption seems to have come from an interview in the Daily Record with Madeleine’s Scottish grandmother in which she said

“When she was two, Madeleine spent Christmas at my house and it was lovely.

"The next year, the family came up for New Year but on Christmas Day Madeleine called and said she'd got a kitchen from Santa. She was very excited and said 'I'm going to make some tea'."

For me it’s obvious that Mrs McCann only mentioned Madeleine because that’s who she was specifically asked about. There is nothing to suggest that Madeleine’s parents and siblings weren’t there too.

That being said there is no way that this could have possibly been the catalyst for question 41.
On that other thread I posted that the McCanns had a relative  in Canada ,Mrs Healy’s sister,  who was visiting the UK at the time and accompanied her to Portugal after news broke of Madeleine’s disappearance .

Regarding Madeleine’s visit to Scotland , I’ve always been under the impression that it was her alone,after the twins came along . It must have been said somewhere  .

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2018, 10:24:17 AM »
On that other thread I posted that the McCanns had a relative  in Canada ,Mrs Healy’s sister,  who was visiting the UK at the time and accompanied her to Portugal after news broke of Madeleine’s disappearance .

Regarding Madeleine’s visit to Scotland , I’ve always been under the impression that it was her alone,after the twins came along . It must have been said somewhere  .

It has been said Snowgirl by supporters and sceptics alike to fit their own personal agendas.

Supporters use it to explain the reasoning behind question 41 in Kate’s arguido interview. Sceptics use it to show what uncaring parents the McCanns were. However if you read the quote Eileen McCann is being asked specifically about Madeleine so answers in the same vein.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2018, 05:41:16 PM »
In my opinion, he didn't mention it in his book ...because it wasn't about slagging the parents off.......

it was about finding the truth what happened to maddie....

obviously, it may have been covered at a later date by him.....

but unfortunately, he was removed...

"She tells also how Gerry doesn't help her with the family chores and that she has to cope alone with her two youngest children."

kmcc....never mentioned any of that in her book did she...

gmcc was portrayed as a saint ........in my opinion.....

When did Kate start writing the diary?

Offline xtina

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2018, 05:44:56 PM »
When did Kate start writing the diary?

Quite some time ago it seems.....long before they went to Portugal....

Offline misty

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »

Quite some time ago it seems.....long before they went to Portugal....

Kate hadn't kept a diary since her early teens.....page 126 Madeleine hardback.
The PJ had the journal she starting writing, at the suggestion of Hugh from the IFLG at a meeting, AFTER Madeleine went missing.