Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365404 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1485 on: January 29, 2014, 10:44:57 PM »
If phoning makes someone a suspect, there are many here in Portugal. You hardly walk a hundred meters without spotting someone speaking on their cellphone  autistically (you can die in front of them or exhibit a green face, they will not notice).

Well, I remember reading on a case here in the UK where a whole town was asked to provide DNA sample.. not sure which case this was but I am sure I read about it.. and this was long ago..

It is not only making a phone call, it is your phone being located in a  close proximity of a crime scene.. I think there can be a reason there for questioning..

It happened in Joanna Yeates case where the suspet's phone signal was found near the bridge which had to be crossed to place the body in the geographical area where the body was found.

Redblossom

« Reply #1486 on: January 29, 2014, 10:48:13 PM »
I don't know.. just asking,,maybe someone who is thought to be a decent citizen?

So you are suggesting the PJ "are not acting" because they want to protect some "decent citizen"....bit far fetched IMO

Is this decent citizen also a burglar?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1487 on: January 29, 2014, 10:49:46 PM »
So you are suggesting the PJ "are not acting" because they want to protect some "decent citizen"....bit far fetched IMO

@)(++(*
Everything is possible in conspiracies..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1488 on: January 29, 2014, 10:51:08 PM »
Well, I remember reading on a case here in the UK where a whole town was asked to provide DNA sample.. not sure which case this was but I am sure I read about it.. and this was long ago..

It is not only making a phone call, it is your phone being located in a  close proximity of a crime scene.. I think there can be a reason there for questioning..

It happened in Joanna Yeates case where the suspet's phone signal was found near the bridge which had to be crossed to place the body in the geographical area where the body was found.

that's absolutely true and through this...they found the killer

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1489 on: January 29, 2014, 10:52:07 PM »

Is this how they found the man who strangled her ?
I know cases in France where all men of a village were DNA tested. In vain.

Redblossom

« Reply #1490 on: January 29, 2014, 10:54:06 PM »
Everything is possible in conspiracies..

LOL. Well, I don't buy the whole story as it has been presented in the media. Frankly, in GM's own words, it's getting very boring!

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1491 on: January 29, 2014, 10:55:47 PM »
Is this how they found the man who strangled her ?
I know cases in France where all men of a village were DNA tested. In vain.

I am saying with the same logic you can question anyone whose phone was found in the proximity of the 5A.

And why not? If this is going to help solving the case.. then why not? I think everyone would willingly come to speak to police if this was to solve this case..

But with law in Portugal I am not sure.. whether this is legal in Portugal?

Re JY case.. to pass the bridge his phone had to change masts and this was in the evidence, that he did cross this bridge at the time the car was caught on the camera.. he could not possibly know that his phone was changing masts from one tower to another
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:00:11 PM by VIXTE »

Offline sadie

« Reply #1492 on: January 29, 2014, 11:02:20 PM »
Well the whole world is seeing them there.. they are pushing the ball on PJ to act..

And I wonder if the PJ is not acting, then why not? Are these 'suspects' someone that it would not be good to see as 'suspects' in the eyes of the whole world?

Good thinking Vixte

OMO of course.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1493 on: January 29, 2014, 11:04:40 PM »
LOL. Well, I don't buy the whole story as it has been presented in the media. Frankly, in GM's own words, it's getting very boring!
I do agree with that and possibly the McCanns as well..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1494 on: January 29, 2014, 11:04:59 PM »
I am saying with the same logic you can question anyone whose phone was found in the proximity of the 5A.

And why not? If this is going to help solving the case.. then why not? I think everyone would willingly come to speak to police if this was to solve this case..

Re JY case.. to pass the bridge his phone had to change masts and this was in the evidence, that he did cross this bridge at the time the car was caught on the camera.. he could not possibly know that his phone was changing masts from one tower to another

it doesn't have to be legal just as you cannot demand that every man supplies a dna sample. You invite men to take a dna sample and those who refuse are looked at closely

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1495 on: January 29, 2014, 11:10:16 PM »
it doesn't have to be legal just as you cannot demand that every man supplies a dna sample. You invite men to take a dna sample and those who refuse are looked at closely

Yes, that is it.. the police tactics..

But few things are not clear to me now..

Now British media is running around these burglars like a cat around a hot porridge bowl..

Now they have a news from Portuguese tv that the 'burglars' were employees of OC .. why they are not publishing it??? Strange! They want the info but not any info!

The second thing is how the SY know these three are burglars? How the media knows this?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:11:54 PM by VIXTE »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1496 on: January 29, 2014, 11:11:51 PM »

I don't think you can be notified to go to the police on the simple argument that you spoke on your cell phone with alternatively the same two persons for two or three hours.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1497 on: January 29, 2014, 11:12:50 PM »

Ah ... No

Nah, this decent citizen might also be an elite and important to the economy of PT.  Also have friends in extraordinarily important PT and global positions who have mega clout.

Someone like that would not do the dirty work themselves. 

Burglary ... NAH.. Ugh!

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1498 on: January 29, 2014, 11:13:29 PM »
I don't think you can be notified to go to the police on the simple argument that you spoke on your cell phone with alternatively the same two persons for two or three hours.

They cannot ask you what were you doing at that night near the crime scene?

Lyall

« Reply #1499 on: January 29, 2014, 11:14:14 PM »

I can think of many reasons why people would not willingly speak, and many of them are a result of what happened earlier in the case: identification - and harassment - of innocent people resulting from the mostly irrational activities of TM, their detectives and the English press. I'm sure the Portuguese have not forgotten all that.