Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365429 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3030 on: May 08, 2014, 04:19:37 PM »
This is why I find it difficult to believe that they've just chosen random bits of Portugal to dig up. I assume that they must have some evidence that points to something being buried there. As you say, just digging doesn't actually rule anything out other than that nothing was in that exact location.

Every time I think this case can't get more bizarre, it does.
I agree Cariad.  There must have been something specific.

And the fact that no in depth investigations re the three burglars was allowed is very strage imo
It re-inforces the question:  Did these three do an abduction for a Mr Big?  Someone so powerful that he has to be protected?
And is he being protected  by an immensely powerful global group ... a group hitherto thought of as perfect?

Let's not forget what happened with Casa Pia ....  did all the most important peeps thought involved just disappear ... or not?

I also agree with most of what Brietta is saying, wondering if things are being hidden

Could there be a cover up going on?

I do not believe they are following evidence.
I believe they have been denied the opportunity to investigate as they would wish. I believe they are making the best of mopping up areas of searching which should have been eliminated by the original investigation.

I think NSY are just making the best of a bad job
and since it appears this is all that has been allowed from the many actions notified in the letters of request, they are taking it. 

Perhaps it was thought they would refuse.

The Portuguese authorities could then have taken the moral high ground, rather than having a hissy fit and intimating that if anything annoyed them permission would be withdrawn. 

Although the Portuguese are the lead authority and will have complete control of all aspects of the dig, I believe we will be footing the bill for it. 

One wonders just exactly what the Portuguese commitment to finding out what happened to Madeleine McCann and apprehending those responsible really is. 
IMO the Met are being blocked from carrying out elementary policing to rule individuals in or out of the inquiry. 

The criminal charges taken under section 56 & 57 of the penal code against Mr Birch effectively rule out excavation of Mr Murat’s driveway. 

Why don’t they just let NSY get on with the job instead of all this obstruction? 
More and more I am seeing and hearing comments wondering what is being hidden here

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3031 on: May 08, 2014, 04:21:41 PM »
This is why I find it difficult to believe that they've just chosen random bits of Portugal to dig up. I assume that they must have some evidence that points to something being buried there. As you say, just digging doesn't actually rule anything out other than that nothing was in that exact location.

Every time I think this case can't get more bizarre, it does.

You may think that this is the main thrust of their investigation but Brietta made a good point in that this may be the only request of many that has been approved. It makes a lot of sense. Strangely the developments are not bizarre to me and fit in exactly with my theory that the McCanns are not involved.

I  wonder what will happen if SY report back to the home sec saying we've spent 6 million...found several areas to investigate but the Portuguese haveblocked us

stephen25000

« Reply #3032 on: May 08, 2014, 04:27:13 PM »
You may think that this is the main thrust of their investigation but Brietta made a good point in that this may be the only request of many that has been approved. It makes a lot of sense. Strangely the developments are not bizarre to me and fit in exactly with my theory that the McCanns are not involved.

I  wonder what will happen if SY report back to the home sec saying we've spent 6 million...found several areas to investigate but the Portuguese haveblocked us

.............or of course they haven't found a thing and by releasing info to the press, aggravate the Portuguese and give them the pretext they need to justify the millions spent ???

Offline jassi

« Reply #3033 on: May 08, 2014, 04:27:58 PM »

I'm sure that any blocking that may have occurred will have been for sound legal reasons and not bloodymindedness
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3034 on: May 08, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »
I'm sure that any blocking that may have occurred will have been for sound legal reasons and not bloodymindedness

I think it's definitely bloody mindedness..seeing as the whole SY investigation contradicts the initial Portuguese investigation and undermines them

Cariad

« Reply #3035 on: May 08, 2014, 05:18:07 PM »
I agree Cariad.  There must have been something specific.

And the fact that no in depth investigations re the three burglars was allowed is very strage imo
It re-inforces the question:  Did these three do an abduction for a Mr Big?  Someone so powerful that he has to be protected?
And is he being protected  by an immensely powerful global group ... a group hitherto thought of as perfect?

Let's not forget what happened with Casa Pia ....  did all the most important peeps thought involved just disappear ... or not?

I also agree with most of what Brietta is saying, wondering if things are being hidden

Could there be a cover up going on?

I found out who your 'Mr Big' was today from a comment on a blog site.

If a body is found close to the hotel, I think that rules out stranger abduction, though I am a bit stuck on where a family on holiday would come across a spade?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3036 on: May 08, 2014, 05:36:55 PM »
I found out who your 'Mr Big' was today from a comment on a blog site.

If a body is found close to the hotel, I think that rules out stranger abduction, though I am a bit stuck on where a family on holiday would come across a spade?

I disagree, Cariad, if a body is found buried anywhere in PDL it very firmly IMO does not rule out stranger abduction. 

One worries what 'evidence' might have been left at a burial site to confuse the issue and direct implication from that individual or individuals.

I am still of the opinion this is all NSY are allowed to do ~ it covers areas of interest indicated in the initial investigation but not excavated ~ so it eliminates and ticks one box ~ though not perhaps the box they wished to start with.

If they are following a definite line of inquiry, it seems Madeleine's parents are being kept in the loop and are aware of what lines the inquiry is following.
I do not believe that would be the case if NSY had the slightest thought they had buried their daughter.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:45:47 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3037 on: May 08, 2014, 05:44:05 PM »

Bearing in mind that there is worldwide attention on what is going on in Portugal, I think they are sending out entirely the wrong message and are in danger of doing the reputation of their country immeasurable damage.

Casa Pia made some headlines, but it involved indiginous Portuguese children.

The world is being reminded of the disappearance of a foreign child who was on holiday ~ and it is being witnessed that the Portuguese seem to be deliberately obstructing the search for her.

I do not think that will go down well.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3038 on: May 08, 2014, 06:02:06 PM »
Looks as though things are beginning to move.

Portuguese air force helicopter used in Madeleine probe
Last updated Thu 8 May 2014
World
Madeleine McCann
Portugal

In the latest stage of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, police today commissioned a Portuguese air force helicopter to fly low over Praia da Luz taking photographs of areas of interest to the inquiry.

An Alouette helicopter was seen flying above the beach and other areas close to where Madeleine disappeared in May 2007.

It comes as work is planned to search the area around the holiday apartment the family were staying in.

Ground-penetrating radar is expected to be used to assess certain areas, including a road that had been dug up at the time 3-year-old Madeleine vanished.

British detectives are currently in the Algarve and this morning met with counterparts from the Policia Judiciaria.

Neither country's officers would offer a view on how the almost four-hour meeting went.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-05-08/portuguese-air-force-helicopter-used-in-madeleine-probe/

Offline jassi

« Reply #3039 on: May 08, 2014, 06:12:01 PM »

World
Madeleine McCann
Portugal

In the latest stage of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, police today commissioned a Portuguese air force helicopter to fly low over Praia da Luz taking photographs of areas of interest to the inquiry.

An Alouette helicopter was seen flying above the beach and other areas close to where Madeleine disappeared in May 2007.

It comes as work is planned to search the area around the holiday apartment the family were staying in.

Ground-penetrating radar is expected to be used to assess certain areas, including a road that had been dug up at the time 3-year-old Madeleine vanished.

British detectives are currently in the Algarve and this morning met with counterparts from the Policia Judiciaria.

Neither country's officers would offer a view on how the almost four-hour meeting went.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-05-08/portuguese-air-force-helicopter-used-in-madeleine-probe/

But they did say they had an enjoyable lunch and the sardines were delicious.   @)(++(*
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Benice

« Reply #3040 on: May 08, 2014, 06:12:44 PM »
Bearing in mind that there is worldwide attention on what is going on in Portugal, I think they are sending out entirely the wrong message and are in danger of doing the reputation of their country immeasurable damage.

Casa Pia made some headlines, but it involved indiginous Portuguese children.

The world is being reminded of the disappearance of a foreign child who was on holiday ~ and it is being witnessed that the Portuguese seem to be deliberately obstructing the search for her.

I do not think that will go down well.

Totally agree.  The best thing to happen for Portugal is for the case to be solved because of the sterling dedicated work of their own police force even if it is in tandem with  SY.   That would completely absolve the PJ from the previous criticism of the investigation under Amaral.    And even if it wasn't solved - they would still be able to genuiney claim they did everything possible to find out what happened to Madeleine - and who could ask for more. 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline jassi

« Reply #3041 on: May 08, 2014, 09:11:15 PM »
I believe Hogan-Howe was talking about closure today. What else would be likely to give closure?

Or maybe not -

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3042 on: May 08, 2014, 09:34:30 PM »

World
Madeleine McCann
Portugal

As I said before.. IMO this is designed to make some people nervous....

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3043 on: May 08, 2014, 10:19:13 PM »
If we go back to proper policing, SY probably has the mobile phone numbers that were around 5A at the times Madeleine went missing.
They probably already identified these people.
Are these 8 people they want to question and PT is not allowing?

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #3044 on: May 08, 2014, 10:24:44 PM »
If we go back to proper policing, SY probably has the mobile phone numbers that were around 5A at the times Madeleine went missing.
They probably already identified these people.
Are these 8 people they want to question and PT is not allowing?

Can you not tell the difference between actual facts and red herrings?

The British Media have been injecting their own interpretations of the "facts" for far too long now, most recently being the debacle around Euclides and the unnamed burglars.

I will stick with the OFFICIAL announcements, personally.

8 people of interest....hmmm....awfully close to the Tapas 7 don't you think?