Author Topic: The case of Andrew Jones  (Read 6301 times)

Offline Joanne

The case of Andrew Jones
« on: August 17, 2012, 12:51:18 PM »
I watched a programme on crime and investigation a while ago about this case.
Andrew went out with some friends, as the result of an incident in the street, Andrew was hit and died as a result.
His family took the case to crimewatch-on their own and although a court case happened, no-one was charged and I thought this would be a prime example of joint enterprise.
This is a case where if I could help this family, I would because to me, it's a very clear case and the family haven't had closure.
http://www.justiceforandrewjones.com/

Offline Claudia

Re: The case of Andrew Jones
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »
An interesting link Joanne I just wonder how many other similiar cases there are to this one which have yet to be solved.   >@@(*&)

I watched a programme on crime and investigation a while ago about this case.
Andrew went out with some friends, as the result of an incident in the street, Andrew was hit and died as a result.
His family took the case to crimewatch-on their own and although a court case happened, no-one was charged and I thought this would be a prime example of joint enterprise.
This is a case where if I could help this family, I would because to me, it's a very clear case and the family haven't had closure.
http://www.justiceforandrewjones.com/

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »
Poor lad losing his life in such a cowardly and senseless manner. Someone should pay for this crime.

Perhaps John might want to make the Andrew Jones case a thread on the forum open for discussion; the family of Andrew Jones will no doubt appreciate that.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 04:43:50 PM »
No problem, if Joanne has some background information about the case by all means start a new thread.  8((()*/
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Joanne

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 04:58:15 PM »
Andrew Was attacked in the early hours of Sunday 9th March 2003. He died the following day with serious head injuries.

This happened at the junction of Hanover street and Gradwell street in the Liverpool city centre. He was walking along minding his own business, when a group of 6 men and at least 4 women walked passed him. Accidentally bumping into one of them, he said sorry and carried on walking. This was not good enough for them and they decided to back him back down the street hurling abuse and threatening him. Obviously, being by himself he would not have been able to defend himself. While his head was turned away one of them swung a punch at him so hard it broke his jaw and he fell back and hit his head on the pavement, so hard it fractured his skull and his head started pouring with blood almost immediately. While he was on the ground, one of them decided to give him a kick while he was laying dying.

The area had a lot of people about who must have witnessed the attack. There was also a police car nearby with 2 officers looking on, and a few parked vehicles with people sitting there watching.

Andrew was a loving, hard working young man. He never had a bad bone in his body. We can not ever understand why anyone would want to be so evil to want to hurt him. We miss him so much everyday, it hurts. One thing is certain though, no matter how long it takes, and what we have to do, we will get justice for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lJgiIvwKo
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/03/12/we-will-never-give-up-our-fight-for-justice-says-mum-of-murder-victim-andrew-jones-100252-30510562/
Unfortunately, there is so little video footage this is the best i can do, I cannot find the crimewatch reconstruction or the programme which I think was called 'Murder in the family'. The website is quite thorough though.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:32:44 PM by Joanne »

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 05:20:40 PM »
Thanks Joanne, I will add some more information to it when I get an opportunity.  8((()*/
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Andy

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
Hi everyone, I have only just seen this, I am Andrew's dad, thank you all so much for highlighting this x

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 09:20:53 AM »
Hi everyone, I have only just seen this, I am Andrew's dad, thank you all so much for highlighting this x

Hi Andy.

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forum.  The circumstances of your sons murder are very concerning.  Can you tell us if anyone has been charged or convicted yet? 

This would appear to be yet another potential joint enterprise case as far as I can establish, a worrying trend in today's violent society.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 10:47:40 AM »
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum. I am very sorry for your loss; especially in such a mindless, senseless and appalling manner. As everyone has said, justice must be done for Andrew! 

Best wishes to you and your family.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 04:48:21 PM »
Thanks everyone for your interest in Andrew's case , no one has yet been convicted
w

Offline John

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 12:13:57 AM »
Thanks everyone for your interest in Andrew's case , no one has yet been convicted

The websites don't appear to be working?