Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 135019 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2018, 04:05:45 PM »
I believe that is what happened in this case too, but you have failed to answer my question (no surprise there of course!)

This is what you asked  ‘Exactly what is it all you angry Brenda supporters want? and I told you. How is that avoiding your question?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2018, 04:14:05 PM »
Right for all of the supporters saying Brenda gave her name to Martin Brunt.

No she did not. That was give by the dossier gatherers.  Here is my cite

A dossier compiled by a third party came into Martin Brunt's hands. He was not willing to say where the dossier had come from.

Martin Brunt was asked how did he make the connection between the dossier and @sweepyface as she was not named and there was no indication of a name and address.

One of his sources told him that she was Brenda Leyland and Leicester(shire/area?)

Brunt said he had done basic Internet searches and found two Brenda Leyland's in Leicester.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Brenda_Leyland.htm

So Martin Brunt was given her name and her county.  Hardly he found her all by himself. Even he has said that he only did basic internet searches to find. He was given her on a plate IMO.

Did Martin Brunt ever converse with Brenda on twitter. I have read her tweets and seen no replies from Brunty and a mention that he was following her.

So IMO unless someone can provide cites there is no evidence that Brenda had any idea that Martin Brunt was taking any interest in her apart from following her on twitter.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2018, 04:20:03 PM »

A dossier compiled by a third party came into Martin Brunt's hands. He was not willing to say where the dossier had come from.

Martin Brunt was asked how did he make the connection between the dossier and @sweepyface as she was not named and there was no indication of a name and address.

One of his sources told him that she was Brenda Leyland and Leicester(shire/area?)

Brunt said he had done basic Internet searches and found two Brenda Leyland's in Leicester.

So Martin Brunt was given her name and her county.  Hardly he found her all by himself. Even he has said that he only did basic internet searches to find. He was given her on a plate IMO.

Did Martin Brunt ever converse with Brenda on twitter. I have read her tweets and seen no replies from Brunty and a mention that he was following her.

So IMO unless someone can provide cites there is no evidence that Brenda had any idea that Martin Brunt was taking any interest in her apart from following her on twitter.

If BL’s name was specifically given to Brunt by the compilers of the dossier then they are indeed complicit in her death.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2018, 04:21:06 PM »

Thank you Sunny.  The first time Brenda had any direct contact with Brunt and Sky was when the idiots turned up in the street outside her home.  He was there waiting to ambush her.  He asked for an interview, she repeatedly said no but he carried on like a fox after a rabbit.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:03:47 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2018, 04:33:09 PM »
If BL’s name was specifically given to Brunt by the compilers of the dossier then they are indeed complicit in her death.

A harsh reality but one all the same.  Had they not targeted her things could have been oh so different. A statement by her son Benjamin who lived in Los Angeles was read out at the inquest which said that Brunt's unwelcome visit and the exposure on national TV  "left him in no doubt was the final straw which pushed my mum to do what she did. She was broken ... destroyed".

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 04:56:23 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »
This is what you asked  ‘Exactly what is it all you angry Brenda supporters want? and I told you. How is that avoiding your question?
I meant as a result of Brenda’s sad demise.  What do you want to happen?  A change in the law to prevent this happening again?  If not, why not?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2018, 04:37:34 PM »
Isn’t being complicit in someone ‘s death a criminal matter?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2018, 04:43:05 PM »
Isn’t being complicit in someone ‘s death a criminal matter?

You don't seem to care that I have shown the dossier was given with names and at least part addresses to Martin Brunt and I believe the Daily Mail too.

So it wasn't just a random list of tweets with usernames was it. It was a full dossier with the information on all of those who had posted anything that the dossier gathers though interesting.

Martin Brunt was given the ENTIRE story by an unnamed group of McCann supporters.  The question is why chose an elderly lady from Burton Overy who had made no threats to the McCanns. Who suggested Brenda to Martin Brunt.  Was it the dossier gatherers?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2018, 04:45:22 PM »
I meant as a result of Brenda’s sad demise.  What do you want to happen?  A change in the law to prevent this happening again?  If not, why not?

What change in the law would you suggest ? That old busybodies be forced to go to lunch clubs and knitting bees to stop them taking the law into their own hands ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2018, 04:47:50 PM »
You don't seem to care that I have shown the dossier was given with names and at least part addresses to Martin Brunt and I believe the Daily Mail too.

So it wasn't just a random list of tweets with usernames was it. It was a full dossier with the information on all of those who had posted anything that the dossier gathers though interesting.

Martin Brunt was given the ENTIRE story by an unnamed group of McCann supporters.  The question is why chose an elderly lady from Burton Overy who had made no threats to the McCanns. Who suggested Brenda to Martin Brunt.  Was it the dossier gatherers?

It would appear so. I believe Brenda was chosen chiefly due to her proximity to the McCanns home.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2018, 04:48:42 PM »

I have no idea, nor any idea why you replied as you did to the question I asked.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2018, 04:52:05 PM »
What change in the law would you suggest ? That old busybodies be forced to go to lunch clubs and knitting bees to stop them taking the law into their own hands ?
Do you have a pathological hatred of old people by any chance?  You do seem to enjoy trotting out the stereotypes.  I take it from your response then that you are satisfied with the laws as they stand and that should allow any concerned members of the public  to compile dossiers on any activity they consider worth further investigation and pass it on to the police and/or media.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2018, 04:53:01 PM »
I believe she had been estranged from her own son for quite some time.
This must have caused her huge heartache.
She had attempted suicide before.

She seemed a sad lady who filled her time in obsessive tweeting and posting about the family of a missing child.
I've googled her name and many of her tweets appeared, one in particular about how she hates the McCanns.
Such a pity that she couldn't find a more worthwhile cause.
All very sad.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2018, 04:57:01 PM »
And you can guarantee that the threats made this week are not credible?

What has that got to do with the unfair treatment of Brenda Leyland, who didn't make any threats?

I like anybody can read the law guidelines on what is a credible threat and what isn't. If you know of any credible threats against anyone and they really concern you, you can report them to police. Just don't expect them to treat online insults or opinions as a crime.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2018, 05:01:39 PM »
I believe she had been estranged from her own son for quite some time.
This must have caused her huge heartache.
She had attempted suicide before.

She seemed a sad lady who filled her time in obsessive tweeting and posting about the family of a missing child.
I've googled her name and many of her tweets appeared, one in particular about how she hates the McCanns.
Such a pity that she couldn't find a more worthwhile cause.
All very sad.

The only way the McCanns would have known about her tweets directed at them would be if they went searching for them or were told.  She was harmless really and didn't deserve what happened to her.  She was to be pitied more than anything imo

Je ne regrette rien!!