Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 136939 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2018, 10:45:05 PM »
I don''t think it will worry them having read some of the opinions on this thread.

I think the desperate efforts of some to distance themselves from those who compiled the dossier belies their suppport for the dossier posted here.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2018, 11:53:31 PM »
If you are going to reply to my posts at least have the good manners to reply to my questions before posimg you own.  You answer, you ask, I answer,  easy.

If Amy Tierney was defamed then it is up to her to seek a resolution.

It is interesting though that while condemning the actions of Brenda you have yet to condemn the actions of your fellow supporter.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2018, 12:22:00 AM »
Amy Tierney what is this?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2018, 06:04:56 AM »

It is interesting though that while condemning the actions of Brenda you have yet to condemn the actions of your fellow supporter.

I would add an s onto supporter making it supporters Faithlilly although, I don't believe the one person who made that block of threatening posts was a McCann supporter just a real troll, unlike Brenda Leyland.

I have seen the text of tweets posted by a couple of supporters regarding Brenda Leyland and their glee at finding her and her sons boxer dog so knew who she was.    They had clearly been looking for her for a while IMO.  From my reading this looked like a concerted effort to name and shame so to speak, as many sceptics as possible without caring who they were or what they had posted.

Robittybob, Amy Tierney was a member of the Ocean Club staff and I think Brenda Leyland amongst others mistakenly thought that a poster on twitter was her.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2018, 07:25:43 AM »

I asked you if you approved of Brenda’s posts in which she defamed an individual, interesting that your support for Brenda is such that you can’t bring yourself to answer the question.  As for your other point I brlieve I did already condemn those vile tweets but there was no evidence that they were made by a McCann supporter, no previous posts made on the subject, just an out and out troll.  And even if they WERE a regular McCann supporter posting under a new account created solely for that purpose then I would still condemn them absolutely.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2018, 08:54:40 AM »
I asked you if you approved of Brenda’s posts in which she defamed an individual, interesting that your support for Brenda is such that you can’t bring yourself to answer the question.  As for your other point I brlieve I did already condemn those vile tweets but there was no evidence that they were made by a McCann supporter, no previous posts made on the subject, just an out and out troll.  And even if they WERE a regular McCann supporter posting under a new account created solely for that purpose then I would still condemn them absolutely.

What had Brenda Leyland done wrong.

What gave brunt the right - to do what he did to her.

Why did he think it important to sky news to do what he did - or even news worthy.

All Brenda did is what thousands do every day - and still do.

IMO, he wouldn't have dared  go to the mcns door - demanding them to answer questions.

Offline Lace

« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2018, 09:54:31 AM »
One can be morally complicit with others in an endeavor which ultimately results in a death. IMO the dossier compilers were complicit with Martin Brunt and he with them in what occurred. By attempting to gain the moral high and do the rebuking, they ultimately became the ones rebuked.  Unfortunately, two wrongs do not make a right! 

Best to leave these things to the police.

Sorry John I disagree,   the dossier compiler/s did what they thought was right,  they were worried about consequences,   Martin Brunt then [knowing who BL was as she had put her name on the internet]  confronted her about the tweets she and the group she was in were posting on the internet.   Now I am sorry but journalists confront people in this way all the time,  they don't go out and take their life over it.   Are you saying that citizens shouldn't gather information together if they think something bad was going to happen?   What about the boy who tweeted he was going to kill?  His fellow pupils ignored it thinking he was just a weirdo,  he went on to kill how do you think those children feel?   Do you think they are thinking 'if only'.    BL decided to take her own life,  she had attempted it before,  no one is to blame IMO

Offline kizzy

« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2018, 10:05:32 AM »
Sorry John I disagree,   the dossier compiler/s did what they thought was right,  they were worried about consequences,   Martin Brunt then [knowing who BL was as she had put her name on the internet]  confronted her about the tweets she and the group she was in were posting on the internet.   Now I am sorry but journalists confront people in this way all the time,  they don't go out and take their life over it.   Are you saying that citizens shouldn't gather information together if they think something bad was going to happen?   What about the boy who tweeted he was going to kill?  His fellow pupils ignored it thinking he was just a weirdo,  he went on to kill how do you think those children feel?   Do you think they are thinking 'if only'.    BL decided to take her own life,  she had attempted it before,  no one is to blame IMO

If they thought it was right why was it all done anonymously then.

Why did they not contact the police - if they honestly thought something bad was going to happen

Offline Lace

« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2018, 10:11:17 AM »

If they thought it was right why was it all done anonymously then.

Why did they not contact the police - if they honestly thought something bad was going to happen

I doubt if they were anonymous to the police.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2018, 10:16:44 AM »

I wasn’t talking about Raine, I believe, but the supporter who threatened to contact a wholly innocent young woman’s employer simply because she had the same name as me.

As to Brenda, I believe it was tit for tat with none of those taking part in the twitter dialogue being covered in glory.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2018, 10:21:56 AM »

All the supporters here who have been accused of taking part in the dossier seem appalled at the suggestion even though they are also anonymous here and would not be exposed by admitting it. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the actions taken is it ?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2018, 10:29:50 AM »

So did they hand it to the police first.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2018, 10:41:08 AM »

So did they hand it to the police first.
Are you asking did they hand the dossier to the police first?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2018, 11:02:26 AM »
Are you asking did they hand the dossier to the police first?

Yes

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2018, 11:07:49 AM »
Yes

They did Kizzy but imo when the police failed to hand out quickly enough the retribution the compilers so obviously craved they handed it to Sky news.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:40:13 AM by John »