Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 134958 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #270 on: August 21, 2018, 07:51:27 PM »
B L was allowed her opinion of the mcns...if she hated them that is not a crime.

As for me agreeing with it - the mcns are absolutely  nothing to me.

LOL i wouldn't even waste my hate on them.

So you reserve hate for whom?
Best not to have hate for anyone.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #271 on: August 21, 2018, 07:52:00 PM »
B L was allowed her opinion of the mcns...if she hated them that is not a crime.

As for me agreeing with it - the mcns are absolutely  nothing to me.

LOL i wouldn't even waste my hate on them.
Did I say she wasn’t allowed an opinon? No.  Did I say her hate was a crime?  No.  The McCanns are clearly beneath your contempt, thanks for clarifying.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #272 on: August 21, 2018, 07:56:26 PM »
Did I say she wasn’t allowed an opinon? No.  Did I say her hate was a crime?  No.  The McCanns are clearly beneath your contempt, thanks for clarifying.
Something seen clearly shouldn't need clarifying.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #273 on: August 21, 2018, 07:57:06 PM »

Please note that I accepted Faithlillys post as being true.
Didn't ask for a cite.
No reason to disbelieve her.

Perhaps because you know what I said is true ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #274 on: August 21, 2018, 07:58:20 PM »
I will answer you using the number for each question.

1.   I know as I watched the video of the person who handed the dossier in,  she said she couldn't live with herself if she hadn't of acted.   Didn't you see the video? - OK yes I see what you mean Lace

2.  BL was tweeting Sky news she wanted them to investigate her ideas of what happened to Madeleine,  did she use Sweepyface when she tweeted Sky news? - She didn't tweet using her name Brenda Leyland. Martin Brunt was given that by someone else.

3.  It was up to Sky news whether they used the footage Martin Brunt took. - True.

4.  I believe the dossier was taken to the Police. - That doesn't answer my question regarding your quote about the boy tweeting about killing people at all.  Any sensible person would not take it to the media they would simply take it to the police and quickly at that.

5.  No one is to blame are the words of the coroner in summing up the death of BL. - That is a matter of opinion IMO.

snipped -   Brunt spoke to Brenda on the Wednesday night and explained what they would be doing. When asked by the coroner he said he hadn't detected anything in her voice at all. In the conversation she had said " Oh, I have thought about ending it all. But I am feeling better, I have spoken to my son in LA." There was a 10 minute conversation. Brunt said they wouldn't name her or identify the village. Martin Brunt had no serious concern about her (from her voice). She said it was a pleasure to meet you.

Was the last paragraph to show that Brenda was fine about it? She may have expected the usual rogue trader type exposure not the rolling news item regularly all day on Sky followed by the Daily Mail etc all calling her a troll some evil troll, giving her name and village out and interviewing her friends etc and this going on solid for 3 days.   Is it any wonder she cracked?

Video of dossier representative
https://news.sky.com/story/evil-trolls-in-hate-campaign-against-mccanns-10387832
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #275 on: August 21, 2018, 07:59:11 PM »
Perhaps because you know what I said is true ?

I accept it as true.
Why would I know it to be true?
I hope you are not suggesting that I have any reason to KNOW it is true??

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:02:41 PM by Erngath »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #276 on: August 21, 2018, 08:02:30 PM »
I accept it as true.
I just would like that trust to be reciprocated.
Trust would be earned.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #277 on: August 21, 2018, 08:03:59 PM »
Trust would be earned.

Fortunately in real life my trust in those I know has always been well deserved.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #278 on: August 21, 2018, 08:53:49 PM »
Why would the supporter threaten if they weren’t going to follow through ? What would they have to gain ?
Are you suggesting that all threats made on twitter are carried through?  Then no wonder the dossier compilers had cause for concern!  I take it you are only speculating that this”poor girl’s” employer was contacted then...?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #279 on: August 21, 2018, 09:09:02 PM »
Are you suggesting that all threats made on twitter are carried through?  Then no wonder the dossier compilers had cause for concern!  I take it you are only speculating that this”poor girl’s” employer was contacted then...?

Why would they threaten ? To intimidate? Why ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #280 on: August 21, 2018, 09:50:02 PM »
Why would they threaten ? To intimidate? Why ?

They clearly had not thought it through very well.
In the real world one of two things would happen.
Any company fielding such a letter or phone call would pass it to the police were a name were given [ho ho]
or; chuck it in the bin/forget it if no name were given.
"They" [whomsoever "they" are] appear to have delusions of grandeur.
One concludes they only prepared to deal with those who are vulnerable.
Sez it all really.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline John

« Reply #281 on: August 21, 2018, 09:53:28 PM »
Was the last paragraph to show that Brenda was fine about it? She may have expected the usual rogue trader type exposure not the rolling news item regularly all day on Sky followed by the Daily Mail etc all calling her a troll some evil troll, giving her name and village out and interviewing her friends etc and this going on solid for 3 days.   Is it any wonder she cracked?

Video of dossier representative
https://news.sky.com/story/evil-trolls-in-hate-campaign-against-mccanns-10387832

I remember watching throughout the day as the item about Brenda was continually broadcast and dissected in great detail by the usual commentators. It was appalling to watch if I'm honest, I really felt for her.  Garbage television at its worst IMO, it had the whiff of The News of the World about it.  I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the former editor Rebekah Brooks had her grubby paws all over it too, her connections with the McCanns are well known.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/rebekah-brooks-accused-of-bullying-government-over-mccanns-7737611.html
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 09:59:38 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #282 on: August 21, 2018, 10:00:18 PM »

Rob said asking questions is goading.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #283 on: August 21, 2018, 10:01:10 PM »
They clearly had not thought it through very well.
In the real world one of two things would happen.
Any company fielding such a letter or phone call would pass it to the police were a name were given [ho ho]
or; chuck it in the bin/forget it if no name were given.
"They" [whomsoever "they" are] appear to have delusions of grandeur.
One concludes they only prepared to deal with those who are vulnerable.
Sez it all really.

There was allegedly an attempt to discredit/censor Enid O'Dowd by reporting her to her Professional body;

My report upset an unknown McCann supporter so much that he or she complained to my professional body, the ICEAW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales). 

This happened in November 2012 but I only learned of it recently when by chance I came across a post which the person concerned had made on the Internet.

I was never contacted as the complaint did not meet the standards required by the ICEAW to warrant asking to hear my side of the story. The ICEAW reply to the complainant included the sentence:

‘Mrs O'Dowd is entitled to her opinions and views and freedom of speech’. 
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/106feb16/Enid_O_Dowd_01_02_2016.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #284 on: August 21, 2018, 10:05:08 PM »

Rob said asking questions is goading.
Cite please
Moderation