Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137060 times)

Offline John

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #315 on: August 21, 2018, 11:28:51 PM »
Is there a cite for the former editor Rebekah Brooks having her grubby paws all over it it too, or are you just allowed to say that?

I didn't say she had, I said I wouldn't be surprised if she had (given her history with the McCann case).
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #316 on: August 21, 2018, 11:29:58 PM »

This alleged abuse had no impact on the McCanns as they didn't know about it as they don't do social media...are you suggesting supporters were so upset by the alledged abuse that they may have commited suicide?  how strange.

I don't think you should make little of those driven to suicide by online abuse... That's most unkind... I believe  the abusive posts did affect the mccanns

Offline Erngath

« Reply #317 on: August 21, 2018, 11:34:14 PM »
I didn't say she had, I said I wouldn't be surprised if she had (given her history with the McCann case).

So no cite necessary, just I wouldn't be surprised.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline John

« Reply #318 on: August 21, 2018, 11:36:03 PM »
So was that really a "yes" then? 
At any time, did Gerald McCann address, either in Portugal or the United Kingdom, the performance of the dogs in this case?  "YES"

That's pretty laughable, the suspect contacting the police to complain about the investigation.  This just gets more crazy by the day.  Was Gerry an expert dog handler then too?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #319 on: August 21, 2018, 11:39:02 PM »
I think we all should take responsibility for what we post and be prepared to justify it if necessary... It's just to easy to post anonymous abuse online.
Brenda had every right to hate the McCann's just as, we all have the right to hate anyone or any group... The problem arises when and how that hatred is expressed.

What Brenda did may not have been illegal but perhaps it should be... And if the police don't take action it's a normal procedure to take a greivance to the newspapers to highlight  the issue and get the law changed... I see a, lot of sympathy  for Brenda but I have far greater sympathy  for her target.... Far more sympathy for the McCanns

A good post davel.  I have more sympathy for Brenda though given that she died unnecessarily.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #320 on: August 21, 2018, 11:40:04 PM »
That's pretty laughable, the suspect contacting the police to complain about the investigation.  This just gets more crazy by the day.  Was Gerry an expert dog handler then too?

I think as the PJ were completely misunderstanding  the alerts it was reasonable for Gerry to get advice from those who undrstood

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #321 on: August 21, 2018, 11:41:22 PM »
Indeed we do, we are a nest of Gollum-like creatures who live together in a stinky cave full of our own excrement, unlike sceptics who are so decent, so kind, so empathetic, so unthreatening, all these  endearing traits are there to be seen on the #mccann tag, with delightful comments like the ones I have already highlighted from Brenda herself, whose tweets are perfect examples of kindness, empathy and decency.

My observation is that you are collectively more like the Yitai.
Look it up in the front of "Fate Is The Hunter" by Ernest Gann.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

« Reply #322 on: August 21, 2018, 11:42:07 PM »
Indeed we do, we are a nest of Gollum-like creatures who live together in a stinky cave full of our own excrement, unlike sceptics who are so decent, so kind, so empathetic, so unthreatening, all these  endearing traits are there to be seen on the #mccann tag, with delightful comments like the ones I have already highlighted from Brenda herself, whose tweets are perfect examples of kindness, empathy and decency.

Faithlilly clearly hasn't followed Smiffy to his latest haunt........

Offline Erngath

« Reply #323 on: August 21, 2018, 11:46:15 PM »
A good post davel.  I have more sympathy for Brenda though given that she died unnecessarily.

All suicides are unnecessary.
Completely tragic.
I cannot imagine the pain of the family left behind.
Accidents and illness resulting in death, at least can be accepted but to know that a loved family member has chosen to take their own life must be a nightmare for their loved ones.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline John

« Reply #324 on: August 21, 2018, 11:46:58 PM »
As regards.. Due process... Isnnt that exactly what BL and others, were denying the McCanns

Actually I think they were hoping for due process, not denying it?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #325 on: August 21, 2018, 11:51:11 PM »
I think as the PJ were completely misunderstanding  the alerts it was reasonable for Gerry to get advice from those who undrstood

So was Meredith Hughes an expert dog handler ? Or was Gerry actually complaining about one of his employees ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #326 on: August 21, 2018, 11:51:52 PM »
Faithlilly clearly hasn't followed Smiffy to his latest haunt........

Really ? I’m sure you can do better than that Misty.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline misty

« Reply #327 on: August 21, 2018, 11:53:32 PM »
So was Meredith Hughes an expert dog handler ? Or was Gerry actually complaining about one of his employees ?

Do you have a cite for Gerry making a complaint during the 2 telephone conversations please?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #328 on: August 21, 2018, 11:54:00 PM »
All suicides are unnecessary.
Completely tragic.
I cannot imagine the pain of the family left behind.
Accidents and illness resulting in death, at least can be accepted but to know that a loved family member has chosen to take their own life must be a nightmare for their loved ones.

What do you think Brenda’s sons think of the dossier compilers and supporters faux sympathy? I can just imagine the look of disgust on their faces.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #329 on: August 21, 2018, 11:55:13 PM »
Do you have a cite for Gerry making a complaint during the 2 telephone conversations please?

What do you think he was talking about Misty ? Congratulating him on his wonderful dogs ?