Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 136871 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #375 on: August 22, 2018, 10:26:41 AM »
Her obsession with Madeleine’s parents ? From the Guardian

‘The inquest heard between November 2013 and September 2014, using the Twitter ID @sweepyface, she had tweeted or retweeted 2,210 posts, of which 424 mentioned the McCanns. Her tweets did not constitute a criminal offence, the inquest heard.’

So less than a quarter of her tweets mentioned the McCanns. To date you have chalked up over 13,000 posts, a great many more than a quarter mentioning the McCanns I’d warrant, so it would appear you have a bit of an obsession yourself. Just because your posts are supportive of the McCanns doesn’t make your behaviour any less obsessive.
You've got "mentioned" but also "alluded to" and "referred to".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #376 on: August 22, 2018, 10:30:07 AM »
I knew that Robitty ... but if you used the post I think you may have for reference, I believe the information it contained was wrong.
Personally I have no idea if it was right or wrong but just the short time between the doorstepping and  the suicide is surprising.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #377 on: August 22, 2018, 10:31:47 AM »
she was doing a lot more than that  imo...she was part of a campaign spreading hatred towards the mccanns .......a word she used herself...up to 50 tweets a day

why wont you accept not everyone like the mccanns -  or what they did.

How is it a campaign.

No one knows yet what happened to maddie
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:43:32 AM by Brietta »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #378 on: August 22, 2018, 10:32:14 AM »
You've got "mentioned" but also "alluded to" and "referred to".

You get the squabbles on here, supporters having a go at sceptics and sceptics having a go at supporters. Some would probably like to represent all the sceptics posts as being anti McCann whereas most of them are just against arguments put forward by supporters. The whole Brenda Leyland and her twitter opponents was similar IMO but a lot more robust.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #379 on: August 22, 2018, 10:33:00 AM »
Last time the subject was discussed the point was raised that Brenda committed suicide on her estranged sons birthday...which is strange...it might suggest a different reason for her suicide
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:36:13 AM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #380 on: August 22, 2018, 10:34:40 AM »
I knew that Robitty ... but if you used the post I think you may have for reference, I believe the information it contained was wrong.
Would it be out by a week or just a day?  How much out was it? 
It shouldn't be hard to see when Brunt doorstepped her and when her death occurred.
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #381 on: August 22, 2018, 10:37:44 AM »
It shouldn't be hard to see when Brunt doorstepped her and when her death occurred.

Agreed, if my dates were wrong someone please say so.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #382 on: August 22, 2018, 10:41:23 AM »
Personally I have no idea if it was right or wrong but just the short time between the doorstepping and  the suicide is surprising.
There was a very short time between both ... but no cite given as yet to substantiate the date when Brenda closed her account.

What might have caused her to do that at just that moment in time do you think?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #383 on: August 22, 2018, 10:43:03 AM »
Last time the subject was discussed the point was raised that Brenda committed suicide on her estranged sons birthday...which is strange...it might suggest a different reason for her suicide

Or then again it might not.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:47:56 AM by Brietta »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

« Reply #384 on: August 22, 2018, 10:44:06 AM »

According to this, she was confronted by Brunt on Wednesday and died on the Saturday

http://thetruthseekersguide.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-strange-case-of-brenda-leyland_8.html
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:46:45 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #385 on: August 22, 2018, 10:45:27 AM »
why wont you accept not everyone like the mccanns -  or what they did.

How is it a campaign.

No one knows yet what happened to maddie

Please note ... a libellous statement cannot be posted even if an imo is added ... it is still libel
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #386 on: August 22, 2018, 10:45:55 AM »
Or then again it might not.

it seems a very strange thing to do....commit suicide on your estranged sons birthday.....how can he ever enjoy a birthday again... It seems quite a cruel thing to do
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:51:56 AM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #387 on: August 22, 2018, 10:46:51 AM »
Agreed, if my dates were wrong someone please say so.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/20/sky-news-mccann-brenda-leyland
"Sky News offers condolences to family of Brenda Leyland, who was found dead in a Leicester hotel two days after channel broadcast footage of her"

So it is possible they held the footage for a while. 

"On 30 September she was approached by Brunt and a cameraman outside her village home in Burton Overy, Leicestershire, after the journalist was given a dossier containing details of people allegedly posting abusive tweets about Kate and Gerry McCann, whose daughter Madeleine disappeared in Portugal in 2007. Leyland had posted or reposted more than 400 tweets about the McCanns, the inquest heard.

"Leyland was found dead in a hotel room in Leicester on 4 October last year, two days after Brunt’s report aired on Sky."

So the report seems to have been delayed for 2 days before it was aired.
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #388 on: August 22, 2018, 10:51:34 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/20/sky-news-mccann-brenda-leyland
"Sky News offers condolences to family of Brenda Leyland, who was found dead in a Leicester hotel two days after channel broadcast footage of her"

So it is possible they held the footage for a while. 

"On 30 September she was approached by Brunt and a cameraman outside her village home in Burton Overy, Leicestershire, after the journalist was given a dossier containing details of people allegedly posting abusive tweets about Kate and Gerry McCann, whose daughter Madeleine disappeared in Portugal in 2007. Leyland had posted or reposted more than 400 tweets about the McCanns, the inquest heard.

"Leyland was found dead in a hotel room in Leicester on 4 October last year, two days after Brunt’s report aired on Sky."

So the report seems to have been delayed for 2 days before it was aired.

The date in question and the cite required is for the suspension of Brenda Leyland's twitter account.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #389 on: August 22, 2018, 10:52:53 AM »
it seems a very strange thing to do....commit suicide on your estranged sons birthday.....how can he ever enjoy a birthday again... It seems quite a cruel thing to do

I’m sure he’ll never forgive those who put his Mum in such a position in the first place.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?