Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137004 times)

Offline John

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #495 on: August 22, 2018, 10:28:21 PM »
Posters please note that any attempt to out members is viewed as a serious rule breach. Any further violations of this rule will result in posting privileges being moderated.  No further warning will be given.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #496 on: August 22, 2018, 10:30:12 PM »
she did post abuse  imo have you read her twwete

Yes I have read her tweets elsewhere and although some were deeply unpleasant they were not as bad as others I have seen elsewhere on this subject and others.  I have seen many much more unpleasant and some indeed threatening messages and posts from other sceptics and also supporters too. I am not naming nicknames or giving details of the posts as I probably would be able to find them again and some of them made me feel ill.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:38:23 PM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #497 on: August 22, 2018, 10:30:27 PM »
i  think the  thing is no matter how  someone  feels about this case  the dossier/s   butted in when they had no  need  too and brenda  finally  snapped   and ever since supporters have been defensive and hostile about her/their  actions  the mcanns should have condemmed the supporters actions but they  condoned it but  that doesnt  suprise me considering kate wanted amaral to feel fear and pain

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #498 on: August 22, 2018, 10:30:35 PM »
So don't ask that question again. "Do you condemn Brenda?" is no longer a valid question.

I dont need to ask any question..i have made my position clear

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #499 on: August 22, 2018, 10:31:59 PM »
i  think the  thing is no matter how  someone  feels about this case  the dossier/s   butted in when they had no  need  too and brenda  finally  snapped   and ever since supporters have been defensive and hostile about her/their  actions  the mcanns should have condemmed the supporters actions but they  condoned it but  that doesnt  suprise me considering kate wanted amaral to feel fear and pain

online abuse is a serious issue...it was absolutely right to highlight it..imo

Offline John

« Reply #500 on: August 22, 2018, 10:36:46 PM »
not to me it doesnt...brenda was the abuser..the mccanns were the victims

Can people who don't subscribe to social media be a victim of online abuse?

The reality about twitter is that if you are not a subscriber, the only way you would know if someone was posting abusive messages about you is if you were to go looking for them or someone who is a member went looking for them and thereafter told you about it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:42:33 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #501 on: August 22, 2018, 10:40:13 PM »
absolutely...just because some one does not see abuse or libel directed at them it is still abuse or libel

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #502 on: August 22, 2018, 10:41:32 PM »
I think so.  It is the potential effect it has on a person's reputation.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline John

« Reply #503 on: August 22, 2018, 10:43:22 PM »
absolutely...just because some one does not see abuse or libel directed at them it is still abuse or libel

If you don't know about abuse you cannot be described as a victim.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #504 on: August 22, 2018, 10:44:32 PM »

unless some supporters know them/are part of their circle of their family and friends and run  to them about every  little  thing

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #505 on: August 22, 2018, 10:45:57 PM »

That is absolute rubbish John.....abuse is abuse

Offline misty

« Reply #506 on: August 22, 2018, 10:49:24 PM »

The reality about twitter is that if you are not a subscriber, the only way you would know if someone was posting abusive messages about you is if you were to go looking for them or someone who is a member went looking for them and thereafter told you about it.

Did Lord McAlpine frequent social media?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #507 on: August 22, 2018, 10:52:56 PM »
That’s untrue IMO.  You don’t always have to be aware of a harmful action in order to be considered a victim.  For example you could be a victim of computer hacking without knowing about it.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #508 on: August 22, 2018, 10:55:37 PM »
its quite obvious Leyland was the perpertartor and the mccanns were the victims....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #509 on: August 22, 2018, 10:56:41 PM »
Theoretically ANY mod could, why single out supporter mods?

Have sceptics ever compiled a dossier ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?