Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 135033 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #750 on: August 28, 2018, 12:39:13 PM »
I respect the right of anyone to report a suspected crime... That's the difference  between us

I think nobody would argue with you on the first bit.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:47:30 PM by John »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #751 on: August 28, 2018, 12:41:01 PM »

And if the police don't take action I respect peoples right to go to the press
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:47:42 PM by John »

Offline jassi

« Reply #752 on: August 28, 2018, 12:45:11 PM »

Though I think most would leave it at that and let the police follow through.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:47:58 PM by John »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #753 on: August 28, 2018, 02:48:11 PM »
And if the police don't take action I respect peoples right to go to the press

Successfully too in this case. "This person has committed no crime, but we and others disapprove of them" is what Sky chose to broadcast. It wasn't news, it was opinion broadcast on a news channel.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #754 on: August 28, 2018, 02:52:44 PM »

I wouldnt

Offline Erngath

« Reply #755 on: August 28, 2018, 02:57:57 PM »
Successfully too in this case. "This person has committed no crime, but we and others disapprove of them" is what Sky chose to broadcast. It wasn't news, it was opinion broadcast on a news channel.

Opinions are broadcast each and every day on news channels.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #756 on: August 28, 2018, 03:01:47 PM »

Opinions are broadcast each and every day on news channels.

Unlike the majority of 'victims' of the media ... on this occasion the opportunity to have the right of reply aired on the rolling news was offered and was declined.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #757 on: August 28, 2018, 04:07:17 PM »
Unlike the majority of 'victims' of the media ... on this occasion the opportunity to have the right of reply aired on the rolling news was offered and was declined.

Brietta would you agree to be interviewed without warning on national news, regardless of the topic?   

He waited for over 3 hours outside her house apparently.   I imagine some of her neighbours would have spotted him then he collars her saying apparently.

No, WE CAUGHT YOU!    Can we talk to you about your Twitter… handle, and your attacks on the McCanns?

IMO the Sky expose of Brenda was tied into the Summers and Swan book launch. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 06:32:35 PM by Brietta »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #758 on: August 28, 2018, 04:11:33 PM »
Brietta would you agree to be interviewed without warning on national news, regardless of the topic?   

He waited for over 3 hours outside her house apparently.   I imagine some of her neighbours would have spotted him then he collars her saying apparently.

No, WE CAUGHT YOU!    Can we talk to you about your Twitter… handle, and your attacks on the McCanns?

IMO the Sky expose of Brenda was tied into the Summers and Swan book launch. 

That's a very serious accusation !
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 06:33:15 PM by Brietta »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #759 on: August 28, 2018, 04:16:23 PM »
That's a very serious accusation !

I don't mean that Summers & Swann wanted to ruin anyone's life just that IMO it is one hell of a coincidence that Summers and Swann were interviewed on the same programme by Brunt, that Brenda Leyland was confronted by Brunt in the street where she lived. 

They had copies of the dossier and so did Martin Brunt. Where did they get their copy from then?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:58:07 PM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #760 on: August 28, 2018, 04:18:32 PM »
I don't mean that Summers & Swann wanted to ruin anyone's life just that IMO it is one hell of a coincidence that Summers and Swann were interviewed on the same programme by Brunt, that Brenda Leyland was confronted by Brunt in the street where she lived. 

They had copies of the dossier and so did Martin Brunt. Where did they get their copy from then?

More accusations.
Have you cites for these accusations?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:58:55 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #761 on: August 28, 2018, 05:57:29 PM »
Your faith in the ability of the police to always do the right thing is quite charming.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #762 on: August 28, 2018, 06:21:24 PM »
Your faith in the ability of the police to always do the right thing is quite charming.   

Does that extend to OG ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #763 on: August 28, 2018, 06:28:44 PM »
An example of when going to the media with a dossier of abuse is the only way to get the police to act:

re: the whistleblower Jayne Senior who exposed the child sex grooming scandal in Rotherham.

“Frustrated by the fact the council rarely took any action, she bravely made contact with a journalist from The Times and handed over 200 confidential documents which contained evidence that Rotherham’s police and social services had been aware of the sexual abuse happening but had done nothing to prevent it.

She was awarded Women of the Year Outstanding Achievement Award in 2015 for her courage in blowing the whistle on the Rotherham child sex abuse scandal and helping the victims get the justice they deserved”.

I suppose she should have just piped down and wait for the police to get theri arses in gear, eh?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 10:05:37 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #764 on: August 28, 2018, 11:53:02 PM »
Does that extend to OG ?
I don’t know, you’ll have to ask her.