Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 136974 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #765 on: August 29, 2018, 07:29:36 AM »
An example of when going to the media with a dossier of abuse is the only way to get the police to act:

re: the whistleblower Jayne Senior who exposed the child sex grooming scandal in Rotherham.

“Frustrated by the fact the council rarely took any action, she bravely made contact with a journalist from The Times and handed over 200 confidential documents which contained evidence that Rotherham’s police and social services had been aware of the sexual abuse happening but had done nothing to prevent it.

She was awarded Women of the Year Outstanding Achievement Award in 2015 for her courage in blowing the whistle on the Rotherham child sex abuse scandal and helping the victims get the justice they deserved”.

I suppose she should have just piped down and wait for the police to get theri arses in gear, eh?

So you equate someone saying something nasty on the internet to child sex abuse?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #766 on: August 29, 2018, 08:16:59 AM »
So you equate someone saying something nasty on the internet to child sex abuse?
Is that what I said, or are you putting words into my mouth again? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #767 on: August 29, 2018, 08:19:48 AM »

Strawman

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #768 on: August 29, 2018, 08:27:30 AM »
The view expressed on this forum by most Brenda supporters is that it is morally reprehensible to compile a dossier of perceived wrong doings and, if the police seem to be dragging their feet or fail to act on something  perceived to be criminal, to then send the dossier to the media.  Is this your view too?  The perceived criminal activity is immaterial, it is the principle I am asking about.  Of course once the dossier is with the media outlet it is then up to them what they do with it and completely out of the dossier compilers’ hands.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #769 on: August 29, 2018, 08:33:01 AM »
An example of when going to the media with a dossier of abuse is the only way to get the police to act:

re: the whistleblower Jayne Senior who exposed the child sex grooming scandal in Rotherham.

“Frustrated by the fact the council rarely took any action, she bravely made contact with a journalist from The Times and handed over 200 confidential documents which contained evidence that Rotherham’s police and social services had been aware of the sexual abuse happening but had done nothing to prevent it.

She was awarded Women of the Year Outstanding Achievement Award in 2015 for her courage in blowing the whistle on the Rotherham child sex abuse scandal and helping the victims get the justice they deserved”.

I suppose she should have just piped down and wait for the police to get theri arses in gear, eh?

This woman exposed crimes. The dossier compilers and Sky exposed things which were not crimes.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #770 on: August 29, 2018, 08:43:50 AM »
This woman exposed crimes. The dossier compilers and Sky exposed things which were not crimes.
If the woman (Jayne Senior to give her a name) exposed crimes then why did the police who knew all about them do nothing at all until the Times picked up the story?  In any case you are missing the point completely, but never mind.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #771 on: August 29, 2018, 08:45:07 AM »
The view expressed on this forum by most Brenda supporters is that it is morally reprehensible to compile a dossier of perceived wrong doings and, if the police seem to be dragging their feet or fail to act on something  perceived to be criminal, to then send the dossier to the media.  Is this your view too?  The perceived criminal activity is immaterial, it is the principle I am asking about.  Of course once the dossier is with the media outlet it is then up to them what they do with it and completely out of the dossier compilers’ hands.

The dossier compilers remind me of Mary Whitehouse.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #772 on: August 29, 2018, 08:45:57 AM »
Is that really the best you can do? 

Offline Erngath

« Reply #773 on: August 29, 2018, 08:57:50 AM »

Do you feel there is anything wrong in the hate expressed by some on social media towards Madeleine's family?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #774 on: August 29, 2018, 08:59:49 AM »
Let's get this clear... Do the, sceptics think that members if the public have no right to go to the press if they feel something needs to be investigated and the police won't help

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #775 on: August 29, 2018, 09:15:25 AM »
Mary Whitehouse was a person guided by her strong moral beliefs and religious principles.  Do you believe she was a malign influence on British society?  The dossier compilers seem to be considered malign by some on here, were they in your view?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #776 on: August 29, 2018, 09:27:41 AM »
Let's get this clear... Do the, sceptics think that members if the public have no right to go to the press if they feel something needs to be investigated and the police won't help
Good question.  To which I would add - did Brenda have the right to publicly accuse the McCanns of being murderers on social media?  Didn’t really get an answer to this question before...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #777 on: August 29, 2018, 09:36:02 AM »
Do you feel there is anything wrong in the hate expressed by some on social media towards Madeleine's family?

What does 'expressing hate' mean?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #778 on: August 29, 2018, 09:37:46 AM »
What does 'expressing hate' mean?

Brenda talks about her hatred for the McCann's... That's, expressing hate

Offline jassi

« Reply #779 on: August 29, 2018, 09:39:36 AM »
Mary Whitehouse was a person guided by her strong moral beliefs and religious principles.  Do you believe she was a malign influence on British society?  The dossier compilers seem to be considered malign by some on here, were they in your view?

I think many treated her as an anachronistic joke.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future