Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 136973 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #840 on: August 29, 2018, 09:44:34 PM »
Anything that some people don't approve of SHOULD BE STOPPED! Any means are acceptable so long as the end is achieved.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:17:23 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #841 on: August 29, 2018, 09:54:11 PM »
Anything that some people don't approve of SHOULD BE STOPPED! Any means are acceptable so long as the end is achieved.

Rather an exaggerated statement in my opinion.
Just hate and bullying on the internet should be stopped.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #842 on: August 29, 2018, 10:06:15 PM »
Rather an exaggerated statement in my opinion.
Just hate and bullying on the internet should be stopped.

It sounds simple, but it isn't. The first step is to agree on a definition of 'hate' and 'bullying'.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #843 on: August 29, 2018, 10:16:45 PM »

It sounds simple, but it isn't. The first step is to agree on a definition of 'hate' and 'bullying'.

What constitutes hate speech and bullying seems to have been accepted in school, workplaces and in the publc arena.
Shouldn't be too difficult to carry this over into the internet.

Do you consider any of the internet speculation about the McCann family to be  outwith the bounds of decency?
How far is free speech allowed?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #844 on: August 29, 2018, 10:17:33 PM »

Kris Kristofferson:
'Cause everybody's gotta have somebody to look down on
Who they can feel better than at any time they please
Someone doin' somethin' dirty decent folks can frown on

I believe Terry Pratchett had something with this:
"It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it".
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline John

« Reply #845 on: August 29, 2018, 10:18:36 PM »
A reminder to keep posts amiable and constructive please guys. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #846 on: August 29, 2018, 10:21:05 PM »
What constitutes hate speech and bullying seems to have been accepted in school, workplaces and in the publc arena.
Shouldn't be too difficult to carry this over into the internet.

Do you consider any of the internet speculation about the McCann family to be  outwith the bounds of decency?
How far is free speech allowed?

That would depend alot on where one lived.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Erngath

« Reply #847 on: August 29, 2018, 10:26:15 PM »
That would depend alot on where one lived.

I wasn't thinking of North Korea.
Obviously the discussion is related to what happens in this country.
I thought that was understood.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #848 on: August 29, 2018, 10:28:04 PM »

Well in some quarters if someone  is offended by what you say or do it is deemed as bullying.The offence may be real or not it is how they 'feel'.  Now as we undestand it - if we believe the McCanns, they do not 'do' social media. therefor can't possibly be offended. So no harm done.

'Curtain tweekers' were disliked in post WW2  Russia and Germany. AND now we know why!

love this:Amaral,and the McCanns and Rupert Murdoch ,sky news bbc  all media ... making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:30:48 PM by Miss Taken Identity »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #849 on: August 29, 2018, 10:33:46 PM »
1) I wasn't thinking of North Korea.
Obviously the discussion is related to what happens in this country.
2)I thought that was understood.

1) Neither was I.
2) It was/is.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #850 on: August 29, 2018, 10:37:24 PM »
Well in some quarters if someone  is offended by what you say or do it is deemed as bullying.The offence may be real or not it is how they 'feel'.  Now as we undestand it - if we believe the McCanns, they do not 'do' social media. therefor can't possibly be offended. So no harm done.

'Curtain tweekers' were disliked in post WW2  Russia and Germany. AND now we know why!

love this:Amaral,and the McCanns and Rupert Murdoch ,sky news bbc  all media ... making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.

I'm glad you liked it
It's so true.
I copied it from Stephen who had it at the end of all his posts.
Obviously not exactly the same but my little twist of his quote.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:43:28 PM by Erngath »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #851 on: August 29, 2018, 10:38:00 PM »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #852 on: August 29, 2018, 11:02:26 PM »
The poll tax riots being a case in point. Laws get made or changed when there's sufficient interest by the general population. I don't see a grass roots interest in protecting the McCanns from online questions and criticisms.
There is a grass roots interest in doing more to prevent internet bullying and abuse though and hold social media platforms to account, don’t you think? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #853 on: August 29, 2018, 11:03:31 PM »
Have you seen posts about the case which dispassionately examine and discuss the evidence? No 'callous hatred' being 'spewed', no 'bile', no 'righteous fury', no 'vile comments', no 'vitriol'? I have. Perhaps you were reading the wrong sites?
Yes I have seen posts like that.  What is your point?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #854 on: August 29, 2018, 11:06:40 PM »

OK, is it bullying to call someone fat and ugly, and to out them on social media?  Is it acceptable to imply publicly that someone is guilty of murder?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:46:09 PM by John »