Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 135039 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #870 on: August 30, 2018, 09:28:30 AM »
I would love to see a definition of a 'decent' person. I see it as related to 'respectable'. In my opinion many people have been seen as decent and respectable..............until they were found out.

Well they obviously were not decent and respectable.
Just hypocrites.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #871 on: August 30, 2018, 09:41:45 AM »
Well they obviously were not decent and respectable.
Just hypocrites.

Quite. So how do we decide who's decent and respectable before they're found out?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #872 on: August 30, 2018, 09:47:17 AM »
NB ... ALL future Off Topic posts will be deleted ... Topic "Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?"
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #873 on: August 30, 2018, 09:57:13 AM »
So you feel that the dossier compilers would be in danger if their identities were revealed?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:02:48 AM by John »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #874 on: August 30, 2018, 09:57:53 AM »
So you feel that the dossier compilers would be in danger if their identities were revealed?

Quite possibly

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #875 on: August 30, 2018, 10:34:01 AM »
All posts containing personal comments and/or goading will be removed as per previous edicts.

The dossier compilers were nothing more than a bunch of busybodies imo who got burned by their stupid actions.  The correct port of call for any online abuse is the social media platform involved and then the police. The press and media have no right to get involved where the police deem abuse to not be criminal. If the laws are too loose as someone already suggested then petition the government to tighten them up.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:45:37 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #876 on: August 30, 2018, 10:51:05 AM »
All posts containing personal comments and/or goading will be removed as per previous edicts.

The dossier compilers were nothing more than a bunch of busybodies imo who got burned by their stupid actions.  The correct port of call for any online abuse is the social media platform involved and then the police. The press and media have no right to get involved where the police deem abuse to not be criminal. If the laws are too loose as someone already suggested then petition the government to tighten them up.

the dossier compliers didn't get burned...no one knows who they are...they had every right to go to the press...that is not opinion..its fact
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:03:41 AM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #877 on: August 30, 2018, 11:07:27 AM »

I agree. The internet has given everyone the opportunity to express their opinions. We all read opinions we disagree with or which we find offensive. That doesn't give us the right to take action against those who have offended us. Posting anonymously and offending others isn't illegal.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #878 on: August 30, 2018, 11:11:06 AM »
I agree. The internet has given everyone the opportunity to express their opinions. We all read opinions we disagree with or which we find offensive. That doesn't give us the right to take action against those who have offended us. Posting anonymously and offending others isn't illegal.

It does give us the right to take action against poeple who have offended us.......totally....as long as we act within the law

Offline Brietta

« Reply #879 on: August 30, 2018, 11:32:30 AM »
the dossier compilers didn't get burned...no one knows who they are...they had every right to go to the press...that is not opinion..its fact

There is quite a bit of concern being shown in academic circles about misuse of the internet, if the number of studies being carried out is anything to go by.

With some of the offending organised groups taking pains to object specifically to at least one study featuring the abuse suffered by the McCann family.

If I am not mistaken ... haven't we seen that attitude of denial posted on this thread?   along the lines of ~ If we say it ain't so then it ain't!

As far as I am concerned ... that is an acknowledgement that cyberbullying ... in this instance of Madeleine's family is inherently wrong and using a woman suffering with her own demons as an icon to justify it is inherently wrong.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:06:17 AM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #880 on: August 30, 2018, 11:40:29 AM »
It does give us the right to take action against poeple who have offended us.......totally....as long as we act within the law

In the end it comes down to different opinions, doesn't it? Some of us think the dossier compilers were a 'bunch of busybodies' and others think they were justifiably concerned citizens doing all they could to clean up the internet Personally I admire those who have the courage to identify themselves and defend their opinions publicly. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #881 on: August 30, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »
In the end it comes down to different opinions, doesn't it? Some of us think the dossier compilers were a 'bunch of busybodies' and others think they were justifiably concerned citizens doing all they could to clean up the internet Personally I admire those who have the courage to identify themselves and defend their opinions publicly.
Then why do you post anonymously.... there is a very good reason why posters do not post with their real name....Brenda certainly didnt and look what happened when her name was known......Brendas problem was she did not want to ...or could not defend her opinions publicly
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 12:20:02 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #882 on: August 30, 2018, 12:47:35 PM »
Then why do you post anonymously.... there is a very good reason why posters do not post with their real name....Brenda certainly didnt and look what happened when her name was known......Brendas problem was she did not want to ...or could not defend her opinions publicly

The dossier compilers showed no desire to defend their opinions and actions publicly either.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #883 on: August 30, 2018, 12:55:44 PM »
The dossier compilers showed no desire to defend their opinions and actions publicly either.

Neither had anyone on this forum.. Apart from John... And I stiil post even though my identity iis known and I have received the expected abuse

Offline Sunny

« Reply #884 on: August 30, 2018, 01:19:37 PM »
Neither had anyone on this forum.. Apart from John... And I stiil post even though my identity iis known and I have received the expected abuse

What "abuse" Davel ?  I have no idea who you are nor do I want to know but anyone could say their identity is known...to their family and friends at least.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!