Author Topic: Luke Mitchell ‘absolutely delighted’ with support after documentary.  (Read 4815 times)

Offline John

JODI Jones murderer Luke Mitchell is “absolutely delighted” with the wave of support he has received since a documentary aired about his case.

The 32-year-old was said to be happy to "get the story out there” in Channel 5's Murder in a Small Town which has been described by Jodi’s family as being “biased” and “one sided”.

Jodi, who died aged just 14, was found stripped, bound and near-decapitated with multiple stab wounds near her home in Easthouses, Midlothian in 2003.

Boyfriend Mitchell, who was also 14 years old at the time, was convicted of the murder and sentenced to at least 20 years behind bars.

Sandra Lean has led Mitchell’s three failed appeals, dedicating her career to the case, and appeared in the Channel 5 show.

After being asked by a viewer how he was doing, Lean responded: “Luke’s good, he is absolutely delighted with the response to the film.

“Do you know, after all these years to have this much support, I think we are all just reeling a bit. It’s just completely turned on its head.

Victim Jodi's devastated family blasted the doc as a "biased and one-sided programme".

And angry locals have said the recent documentary has turned the site of her death into a 'tourist attraction'.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/6794260/luke-mitchell-jodi-jones-murder-documentary-delight/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 12:12:33 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

JODI Jones murderer Luke Mitchell is “absolutely delighted” with the wave of support he has received since a documentary aired about his case.

The 32-year-old was said to be happy to "get the story out there” in Channel 5's Murder in a Small Town which has been described by Jodi’s family as being “biased” and “one sided”.

Jodi, who died aged just 14, was found stripped, bound and near-decapitated with multiple stab wounds near her home in Easthouses, Midlothian in 2003.

Boyfriend Mitchell, who was also 14 years old at the time, was convicted of the murder and sentenced to at least 20 years behind bars.

Sandra Lean has led Mitchell’s three failed appeals, dedicating her career to the case, and appeared in the Channel 5 show.

After being asked by a viewer how he was doing, Lean responded: “Luke’s good, he is absolutely delighted with the response to the film.

“Do you know, after all these years to have this much support, I think we are all just reeling a bit. It’s just completely turned on its head.

Victim Jodi's devastated family blasted the doc as a "biased and one-sided programme".

And angry locals have said the recent documentary has turned the site of her death into a 'tourist attraction'.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/6794260/luke-mitchell-jodi-jones-murder-documentary-delight/

The irony of calling the  documentary ‘ one sided’ when for 18 years the media have championed Luke’s guilt, even though for some of that he was a child and charged with nothing, is absolutely lost on some here.

The documentary was by no means perfect but it was sincere in its endeavour and well done to Sandra and Corrine for never giving up on Luke.

BTW John have you read Sandra’s book?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

The irony of calling the  documentary ‘ one sided’ when for 18 years the media have championed Luke’s guilt, even though for some of that he was a child and charged with nothing, is absolutely lost on some here.

The documentary was by no means perfect but it was sincere in its endeavour and well done to Sandra and Corrine for never giving up on Luke.

Wow, you're criticising the family of the murdered girl for calling the documentary one-sided?  What did you expect them to say? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
Wow, you're criticising the family of the murdered girl for calling the documentary one-sided?  What did you expect them to say?

Of course the victim's family was never going to like a documentary that suggested that the person convicted of their relative's murder might be innocent.

The police who investigated the case were always going to say that the case was investigated thoroughly,  that the right person was convicted, and that they are not looking for anyone else.

As you say, VS, what else could you expect them to say?

In the same way, it's hardly surprising that Luke was pleased with the documentary!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 10:26:16 AM by mrswah »

Offline John

Of course the victim's family was never going to like a documentary that suggested that the person convicted of their relative's murder might be innocent.

The police who investigated the case were always going to say that the case was investigated thoroughly,  that the right person was convicted, and that they are not looking for anyone else.

In the same way, it's hardly surprising that Luke was pleased with the documentary!!

I think Channel 5 are guilty of extremely poor judgement in producing such a shoddy effort.  They have spun this story into something it is not and all for the sake of ratings. No wonder the Jones family are rightly appalled.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Angelo222

Have you read the book Faith?

Could you answer what major piece of evidence or known fact convinces you of Mitchell's innocence?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

In my opinion if Luke Mitchell ever wants to walk the streets as a free man ever again the Channel 5 documentary and Lean's involvement in it is an unmitigated disaster.

As I understand it, he doesn't walk out of prison after twenty years.
He will be considered for parole after that period.

I think the evidence which saw him fail in every Lean led attempt at appeal will carry weight when consideration is given to his right to be eligible to apply for parole and more importantly, for him to be successful if it is allowed.

I really don't think the documentary or public opinion is going to be of much benefit to him as he approaches the end of the twenty years imposed on him which I think must be an unprecedented sentence for one so young.
The reasons for which are patently obvious and haven't changed since Luke Mitchell was found guilty of Jodi's murder.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

In my opinion if Luke Mitchell ever wants to walk the streets as a free man ever again the Channel 5 documentary and Lean's involvement in it is an unmitigated disaster.

I think the evidence which saw him fail in every Lean led attempt at appeal will carry weight when consideration is given to his right to be eligible to apply for parole and more importantly, for him to be successful if it is allowed.

I really don't think the documentary or public opinion is going to be of much benefit to him as he approaches the end of the twenty years imposed on him which I think must be an unprecedented sentence for one so young.
The reasons for which are patently obvious and haven't changed since Luke Mitchell was found guilty of Jodi's murder.

Is it notoriety he wants or justice?

Same question to Sandra Lean?

Offline faithlilly

You obviously don’t understand how parole is granted. If you will not accept guilt for the crime you have been convicted of and express remorse you will not be granted parole and Luke says that he would rather stay in prison than admit guilt.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Angelo222

Have you read the book Faith?

Could you answer what major piece of evidence or known fact convinces you of Mitchell's innocence?

Bumped for faithlilly
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mrs S

You obviously don’t understand how parole is granted. If you will not accept guilt for the crime you have been convicted of and express remorse you will not be granted parole and Luke says that he would rather stay in prison than admit guilt.
  Not true!

Offline Angelo222

That is untrue. The Scottish Parole Board will release a prisoner early even though they consistently plead innocence so you are propagating falsehoods.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline faithlilly

Bumped for faithlilly

Take the reasons why you think he’s guilty, flip it and add a dash of logic.

Offline faithlilly

That is untrue. The Scottish Parole Board will release a prisoner early even though they consistently plead innocence so you are propagating falsehoods.

‘ Such prisoners have been labelled as ‘deniers’ with no account taken of the various reasons for maintaining innocence, nor the undeniable truth that some may actually be innocent. These prisoners once were unable to achieve parole unless they undertook offence-behaviour courses that required the admission of guilt as a prerequisite. Innocent prisoners were given the choice between freedom, in exchange for claiming guilt, or remaining imprisoned and telling the truth. This situation is not quite as stark as it once was. In England, and to a lesser degree Scotland, those maintaining innocence have access to limited training for freedom which I have been advised by clients in custody are labelled “deniers’ courses” within their prison’

https://mojoscotland.org/the-innocent-prisoners-dilemma/

Offline Mrs S

‘ Such prisoners have been labelled as ‘deniers’ with no account taken of the various reasons for maintaining innocence, nor the undeniable truth that some may actually be innocent. These prisoners once were unable to achieve parole unless they undertook offence-behaviour courses that required the admission of guilt as a prerequisite. Innocent prisoners were given the choice between freedom, in exchange for claiming guilt, or remaining imprisoned and telling the truth. This situation is not quite as stark as it once was. In England, and to a lesser degree Scotland, those maintaining innocence have access to limited training for freedom which I have been advised by clients in custody are labelled “deniers’ courses” within their prison’

https://mojoscotland.org/the-innocent-prisoners-dilemma/