Author Topic: Has interest in the Maddie McCann case finally petered out?  (Read 6257 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Has interest in the Maddie McCann case finally petered out?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2019, 06:30:16 PM »
Jassi is correct.

How can that be?   If Gerry returned before Jane it would mean he was back about 10 past 9,  having gone to the apartment gone to the toilet and stopped to chat to Jez.    Why would Jane lie?   Jane didn't even know Gerry that well so please don't say he asked her to say she saw a man carrying a child.

Offline jassi

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2019, 06:41:01 PM »
Why does Rachael say he was back in a couple of minutes?
Other accounts claim he was away for quite a long time - watching the football, someone thought
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2019, 06:45:32 PM »
Why does Rachael say he was back in a couple of minutes?
Other accounts claim he was away for quite a long time - watching the football, someone thought
She couldn’t have been mistaken could she? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2019, 06:52:47 PM »
How can that be?   If Gerry returned before Jane it would mean he was back about 10 past 9,  having gone to the apartment gone to the toilet and stopped to chat to Jez.    Why would Jane lie?   Jane didn't even know Gerry that well so please don't say he asked her to say she saw a man carrying a child.

Tanner is history....her sighting is irrelevant.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2019, 07:56:25 PM »
Just for clarification ... there is absolutely no doubt that Gerry met Jes and stopped to have a conversation with him as described by Jane; he mentioned it when he returned to the table.
There is no doubt that Gerry returned to the table and was followed a short time later by Jane.

Snip
  ... Gerry had come back sort of, erm well you know before Jane had, you know he'd only been gone a few minutes I think, not very long, erm he said he'd seen, to met J, he'd met Jez on the way back,  ... and he'd been talking to Jez about the tennis tournament, erm so he'd, yeah stopped and chatted to him on the road and he mentioned that when he got back to the table, erm and then shortly after he got back, Jane got back, ...
Rachael Mampilly interview at Leicestershire Police Headquarters
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2019, 08:42:14 PM »
Just for clarification ... there is absolutely no doubt that Gerry met Jes and stopped to have a conversation with him as described by Jane; he mentioned it when he returned to the table.
There is no doubt that Gerry returned to the table and was followed a short time later by Jane.

Snip
  ... Gerry had come back sort of, erm well you know before Jane had, you know he'd only been gone a few minutes I think, not very long, erm he said he'd seen, to met J, he'd met Jez on the way back,  ... and he'd been talking to Jez about the tennis tournament, erm so he'd, yeah stopped and chatted to him on the road and he mentioned that when he got back to the table, erm and then shortly after he got back, Jane got back, ...
Rachael Mampilly interview at Leicestershire Police Headquarters

No one is arguing that Gerry met Jez for chat or that Tanner seaways man crossing the road with a child in his arms, OG has confirmed as much. What is in dispute is the time Gerry met Jez.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2019, 01:39:34 AM »

Jane said she left the table at 9:10 and had not seen Gerry and Jez yet so Gerry was not back at the table at that time. Like Jane said to him, 'You were gone a long time, Kate thought you were watching football'. An own goal there Jane  @)(++(*
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2019, 08:53:00 AM »
Jane said she left the table at 9:10 and had not seen Gerry and Jez yet so Gerry was not back at the table at that time. Like Jane said to him, 'You were gone a long time, Kate thought you were watching football'. An own goal there Jane  @)(++(*
You appear to be getting bemused here.

Of course Gerry had not yet returned to the table prior to Jane leaving it.  She could not have witnessed him and Jes in conversation in the street if he had.

Did Jane actually say that to Gerry? ... or did she say it is what she might have said in passing ... but did not.

Please provide a cite to substantiate your statement.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2019, 10:13:48 AM »
Jane Tanner: 1:23
It would not be possible to have more concise confirmation than a person making a statement on camera and that is precisely what Jane Tanner has done in the documentary "Madeleine Was Here" https://youtu.be/na4aBr5PTYY

Like much else of the lexicon used by those who have set themselves up as 'doubters' the 'evidence' used in support of their doubts is absolutely and utterly without foundation.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2019, 11:33:16 AM »
That aspect has puzzled me for quite some time.

Take a look at the incident scene photos of the living room.

To me, even by 2007 standards, the TV looks antique.  It appears to be an old TV and video cassette combo.

What I can't see is any connection to something akin to a Sky box.

Perhaps 5A was fitted with a communal satellite feed?  Perhaps the footie that night was on a Portuguese TV channel as well?

There was BIG football on 1 May and 2 May.  And LESSER football on 3 May.

Jane Tanner's statement strongly suggests that Gerry enjoyed watching football, and also that Jane had picked up on this interest.

The problem is - that TV/VHS combo doesn't look up to the task.   So where was Gerry getting his football info from?

TV news?   Conversations with tennis players?

&%%6

If the walls of Fortress Rothley ever come down, perhaps we will get the answers to several innocuous questions.

I am not holding my breath.

*&^^&

What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2019, 12:18:04 PM »
It is pointless to fabricate tales to suit a particular narrative when the truth of what happened is a matter of record.

Gerry used the toilet.

He did not mention football ... Jane did in a hypothetical statement ... http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10587.msg515340#msg515340

Rather introducing the word C++P to my thought process in association with some posts.

Snip
  ... went to his children's bedroom and checked that the twins were fine, as was Madeleine. "He then went to the WC" where he remained for a few moments, left, and bumped into a person he had played tennis with and who had a child's push chair, he was also British, he had a short conversation with him, "returning after that to the restaurant."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN.htm

Despite what he said in his previous statements, he states now and with certainty, that he left with KATE by the rear door which he consequently closed but did not lock given that that is only possible from the inside.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2019, 02:01:26 PM »
Gerry was gone a LONG TIME! A reconstruction would have ruined him.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2019, 02:09:31 PM »
It is pointless to fabricate tales to suit a particular narrative when the truth of what happened is a matter of record.

Gerry used the toilet.

He did not mention football ... Jane did in a hypothetical statement ... http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10587.msg515340#msg515340

Rather introducing the word C++P to my thought process in association with some posts.

Snip
  ... went to his children's bedroom and checked that the twins were fine, as was Madeleine. "He then went to the WC" where he remained for a few moments, left, and bumped into a person he had played tennis with and who had a child's push chair, he was also British, he had a short conversation with him, "returning after that to the restaurant."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN.htm

Despite what he said in his previous statements, he states now and with certainty, that he left with KATE by the rear door which he consequently closed but did not lock given that that is only possible from the inside.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm
&%%6

Jane mentioned in a 'hypothetical' statement?

Cobblers!

Jane's statement is real.

The photo of the TV is real.

Perhaps the truth hurts, but in this instance I cannot for the life of me see why.

*%87

What's up, old man?

Offline Lace

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2019, 02:30:42 PM »
Gerry was gone a LONG TIME! A reconstruction would have ruined him.

I thought the PJ did a reconstruction? 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2019, 02:48:43 PM »

I thought the PJ did a reconstruction?

They did.