Author Topic: It's bad enough losing a child without having her brother blamed for her murder.  (Read 1093 times)

Offline John

Losing a child is bad enough but losing one to a killer in such a grotesque way is unimaginable. Judy Jones and her children must have gone through hell after Jodi's murder but even now some 17 years on we see a bunch of amateur sleuths on TV make a shoddy attempt at incriminating Jodi's brother in the slaughter.

Can anyone think of anything more despicable?

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

Losing a child is bad enough but losing one to a killer in such a grotesque way is unimaginable. Judy Jones and her children must have gone through hell after Jodi's murder but even now some 17 years on we see a bunch of amateur sleuths on TV make a shoddy attempt at incriminating Jodi's brother in the slaughter.

For me, there is no need to divert the blame elsewhere to prove that Luke’s guilt has not been proved beyond reasonable doubt.

I’m afraid that Lothian and Borders police must shoulder some of the blame for where we are now by carrying out the initial investigation in such an absolutely shoddy manner. The questions being asked now should have been put to bed long ago.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Nicholas

For me, there is no need to divert the blame elsewhere to prove that Luke’s guilt has not been proved beyond reasonable doubt.

I’m afraid that Lothian and Borders police must shoulder some of the blame for where we are now by carrying out the initial investigation in such an absolutely shoddy manner. The questions being asked now should have been put to bed long ago.

They were
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

Were Lothian and borders police responsible for what evidence was and wasn’t included in Luke Mitchell’s murder trial?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Rusty

He was always the number one target, sling enough mud and all that, it is just not sticking for Sandra & Co. Why? Because it is not true, he had nothing to do with it. Leave these people alone..

Offline Angelo222

From reading back on the subject it appears that the forensics officer was too fat to get over the wall so the gathering of evidence was suspended until someone else could be brought to the scene. Not Lothian & Borders Police' finest moment in anyone's book.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 11:11:51 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

From reading back on the subject it appears that the forensics officers was too fat to get over the wall so the gathering of evidence was suspended until someone else could be brought to the scene. Not Lothian & Borders Police' finest moment in anyone's book.

I think it was pretty shocking to say the least and very disrespectful to the deceased person whatever the circumstances but especially so when even to the untrained eye it must have been obvious this was not an accidental death.

It was a difficult situation admittedly.  It was after dark.  Erecting a tent among trees and bushes in the dark might have damaged the crime scene by trying to preserve it being compromised more than waiting for daylight would have.

There must have been some police procedures which were put in place immediately.  For example mounting a guard.  I think the big holdup was the availability of the coroner.

I've not read anything about exactly what steps were taken to preserve the scene without damaging it more.  Logic dictates there must have been protocols.  In the absence of a detailed breakdown of what the police actually did (and given they were acutely aware this was a child's deposition site) the best bet for an informed opinion would be John, because given the timing and the location we could be making a harsh judgement.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

I think it was pretty shocking to say the least and very disrespectful to the deceased person whatever the circumstances but especially so when even to the untrained eye it must have been obvious this was not an accidental death.

It was a difficult situation admittedly.  It was after dark.  Erecting a tent among trees and bushes in the dark might have damaged the crime scene by trying to preserve it being compromised more than waiting for daylight would have.

There must have been some police procedures which were put in place immediately.  For example mounting a guard.  I think the big holdup was the availability of the coroner.

I've not read anything about exactly what steps were taken to preserve the scene without damaging it more.  Logic dictates there must have been protocols.  In the absence of a detailed breakdown of what the police actually did (and given they were acutely aware this was a child's deposition site) the best bet for an informed opinion would be John, because given the timing and the location we could be making a harsh judgement.

You do know don’t you that the body, before the SOCO were even at the scene, was rolled onto plastic and Jodi’s clothes gathered up into a pile?  The body was then left out in the rain, uncovered, until morning, possibly washing away vital forensic evidence.

And that was only the beginning of the incompetence with regard to the management of the crime scene.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Paranoid Android

From reading back on the subject it appears that the forensics officer was too fat to get over the wall so the gathering of evidence was suspended until someone else could be brought to the scene. Not Lothian & Borders Police' finest moment in anyone's book.

This alone should have ended one or two careers.

Offline faithlilly

This alone should have ended one or two careers.

Indeed.

It’s telling that it didn’t.