Author Topic: Was the PJ right to decide that Madeleine had died so early on?  (Read 35302 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Was the PJ right to decide that Madeleine had died so early on?
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2018, 02:52:48 AM »
While I don't.

What negative attitude which followed towards Madeleine?

Sorry, I'm not buying it.  But if you don't wish to discuss it, perhaps it is time to move on.

In my opinion it is negative as far as Madeleine is concerned to insist on Madeleine's death without a single shred of supporting evidence.

I seem to recall a frisson emanating from certain places in the run up to the seventh anniversary of her disappearance ... not in my opinion a positive attitude for Madeleine.
Then beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2018, 03:23:29 AM »
In my opinion it is negative as far as Madeleine is concerned to insist on Madeleine's death without a single shred of supporting evidence.

I seem to recall a frisson emanating from certain places in the run up to the seventh anniversary of her disappearance ... not in my opinion a positive attitude for Madeleine.

No.  The PJ were not right to decide that Madeleine had died early on.  But we can't actually be sure that they did because so many lies were being told.

This was the biggest f*ck up.  But not even to this day can anyone actually say.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2018, 03:45:01 AM »
No.  The PJ were not right to decide that Madeleine had died early on.  But we can't actually be sure that they did because so many lies were being told.

This was the biggest f*ck up.  But not even to this day can anyone actually say.

"Lions led by donkeys" springs to mind and I have every confidence that the present PJ investigators would like nothing better than to wipe the slate clean on it by getting a result either with or without Scotland Yard.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2018, 04:29:29 AM »
"Lions led by donkeys" springs to mind and I have every confidence that the present PJ investigators would like nothing better than to wipe the slate clean on it by getting a result either with or without Scotland Yard.

If only I had that much hope.  But I am not actually blaming anyone.  It was all far to late when this lot took over.

So they aren't telling anything.  Gosh, what a surprise.  They would have to be stark staring to even think about it.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2018, 04:57:24 AM »

"frisson

noun
a sudden strong feeling of excitement or fear; a thrill.
"a frisson of excitement""  Thanks Dr. Google.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2018, 10:07:27 AM »
Indeed , and the McCanns favorite rag 'The Sun' tops them all according to the headlines they throw up.  And Kates book isn't quite the story about Madeleine as was expected.. some nausiating bits not suitable for those of us  who are not so , verbatim about sexual matters. Which incidentally, have no place in a book about a child being abducted.  Even this forum has restricted censored passages . 

The PJ wuold have the same thoughts as everyone else- was the child dead or alive  they would be 50% correct and 50% wrong.

A general comment, this 50/50 can be very misleading, just because there are 2 possible outcomes does not necessarily mean that the probability of each is equal.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #306 on: October 17, 2018, 10:11:12 AM »
A general comment, this 50/50 can be very misleading, just because there are 2 possible outcomes does not necessarily mean that the probability of each is equal.
Absolutely true,,,...so with the probability of parental involveemnt being low...the probability of abduction must be high

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #307 on: October 17, 2018, 11:01:17 AM »
Absolutely true,,,...so with the probability of parental involveemnt being low...the probability of abduction must be high
Not an IMO in sight.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2018, 11:08:24 AM »
Not an IMO in sight.

Why should I when you refuse to give cites for your claims

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2018, 11:22:34 AM »

In a US study...

797,500 people under 18 were reported missing in a one-year period, according to a 2002 study. But of those cases, 203,900 were family abductions, 58,200 were nonfamily abductions, and only 115 were “stereotypical kidnappings,” defined in one study as “a nonfamily abduction perpetrated by a slight acquaintance or stranger in which a child is detained overnight, transported at least 50 miles, held for ransom or abducted with the intent to keep the child permanently, or killed.”
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2018, 11:30:18 AM »
In a US study...

797,500 people under 18 were reported missing in a one-year period, according to a 2002 study. But of those cases, 203,900 were family abductions, 58,200 were nonfamily abductions, and only 115 were “stereotypical kidnappings,” defined in one study as “a nonfamily abduction perpetrated by a slight acquaintance or stranger in which a child is detained overnight, transported at least 50 miles, held for ransom or abducted with the intent to keep the child permanently, or killed.”

What do you think those figures suggest to this case

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2018, 11:48:13 AM »
What do you think those figures suggest to this case

It says in a missing child case, stranger abduction is the least likely cause.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #312 on: October 17, 2018, 11:54:59 AM »

Which is true... That is intelligence  not evidence...
You need to look at each individual case to decide what is most likely. Most family child abductions involve seperated parents and custody disputes... How many of the cases you have quoted involve accidental death and a cover up by patents... And their friends.... A lot less than stranger abductions

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #313 on: October 17, 2018, 11:59:56 AM »
Which is true... That is intelligence  not evidence...
You need to look at each individual case to decide what is most likely. Most family child abductions involve seperated parents and custody disputes... How many of the cases you have quoted involve accidental death and a cover up by patents... And their friends.... A lot less than stranger abductions

Until you start investigating you have to go with raw statistics to help direct the areas most likely to be of benefit.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #314 on: October 17, 2018, 12:03:09 PM »

Sarah Jayne Harper ... Holly and Jessica ... James Bulger ... Sarah Payne ... Moira Anderson ... etc

There is a very long and tragic list of children abducted by strangers in which 'statistics' count for nothing ... every missing child case must be considered on the evidence.