Author Topic: Can the UK's lost fishing industry be recovered post Brexit?  (Read 34101 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Can the UK's lost fishing industry be recovered post Brexit?
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2016, 03:02:48 PM »
You can cite that I presume ?

What of the over-inflated prices, say from America and that goes back before the EU/EEC ?

Likewise , what of the other countries in the EU, and the prices they pay ?

Do you remember the link I gave on that a few weeks ago ?

Have you never been outside London in your entire life because it is certainly beginning to look like it.  I suggest you take a trip to the regions and visit a few former fishing ports, you might learn something.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2016, 03:10:13 PM »
Have you never been outside London in your entire life because it is certainly beginning to look like it.  I suggest you take a trip to the regions and visit a few former fishing ports, you might learn something.

Yes I have, so don't make assumptions.

You seem to think it is a divine right that the UK fishing industry can do what it wishes.

Are you a Keynesian or a Free-Marketer  ?

Fish by the way are a resource to be shared.

Did you even know that the UK is 37th in the list of consumers of fish ?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2016, 03:20:37 PM »

You seem to think it is a divine right that the UK fishing industry can do what it wishes.

I think fishermen in each country can fish their own waters- is that not what is done outside the EU? yes I think it is. The fact that we don't consume all our fish is a moot point because we have the right to trade and sell  it to those who do. Like we consume and buy bananas etc.

Sharing a resource is all well and good do the EU coutries share their wheat? meat? rice? or do they sell it to us?
And is it right that some countries have more access to our fish than we have?> you see your family standing by their fishing boats watching other fishermen from other countries land their catch and sell to your fish dealers..oh sorry they don't sell they 'share' it with us absolutely free.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2016, 03:22:06 PM »

Go out and ask a fisherman instead of quoting rubbish from non entities who never caught a fish in their lives.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2016, 03:23:42 PM »
I think fishermen in each country can fish their own waters- is that not what is done outside the EU? yes I think it is. The fact that we don't consume all our fish is a moot point because we have the right to trade and sell  it to those who do. Like we consume and buy bananas etc.

Sharing a resource is all well and good do the EU coutries share their wheat? meat? rice? or do they sell it to us?
And is it right that some countries have more access to our fish than we have?> you see your family standing by their fishing boats watching other fishermen from other countries land their catch and sell to your fish dealers..oh sorry they don't sell they 'share' it with us absolutely free.

Stephen's share suggestion would go down like a lead balloon in Iceland, Greenland and Norway.  Rightly, British fishermen are entitled to fish British waters and once we get Brexit out the way they will do so once again.

And then maybe we can have cod in our fish suppers once more at a price which won't break the bank.  And ports with active fishing boats in them manned by British crews landing our fish from our seas.  No more flags of convenience and no more foreign fish pirates with their factory ships.  Time to take back control!!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:31:28 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2016, 03:24:50 PM »
Go out and ask a fisherman instead of quoting rubbish from non entities who never caught a fish in their lives.

How do I know you have spoken to fishermen ?

Try answering my points.

stephen25000

« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2016, 03:25:29 PM »

Most fish migrate, you are aware of that, aren't you ?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2016, 03:37:17 PM »

Most fish migrate, you are aware of that, aren't you ?

That is why different fish are caught at different times of the year in the UK as any fisherman would tell you.

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2016, 03:38:41 PM »
That is why different fish are caught at different times of the year in the UK as any fisherman would tell you.

YOU AMAZE ME.

I never knew that. @)(++(* @)(++(*

« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2016, 03:41:34 PM »
How do I know you have spoken to fishermen ?

Try answering my points.

My family come from Aberdeen. WE know all too well the misery... and yes fish migrate, except the ones caught  8(0(*
 that is why we have fishing seasons. 8(>((
Salmon come back and forth from Canada. 8**8:/:

« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2016, 03:50:51 PM »
Sorry, but I know that already.

Next.

You knew about the misery in Aberdeen? oh why ask us to tell you how we are affected the... ppft lol

stephen25000

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2016, 03:54:08 PM »
You knew about the misery in Aberdeen? oh why ask us to tell you how we are affected the... ppft lol

I was referring to the fish migrating.

Now do you have a cite about misery in Aberdeen ?

« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2016, 03:59:53 PM »
I was referring to the fish migrating.

Now do you have a cite about misery in Aberdeen ?

I would have to research, but you can do that yourself.  but lets just say it was the real cause of the independance for Scotland dmand came and the rise of the SNP in the 70's which triggered it off.

So Stephen what is it about an unelected bunch in the EU that atracts you to this type of dictatorship?

stephen25000

« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2016, 04:31:26 PM »
I would have to research, but you can do that yourself.  but lets just say it was the real cause of the independance for Scotland dmand came and the rise of the SNP in the 70's which triggered it off.

So Stephen what is it about an unelected bunch in the EU that atracts you to this type of dictatorship?

Which unelected officials are you referring to ?

Would that be like the unelected officials who work for the civil service in this country, and who really run it

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2016, 04:35:07 PM »

The U.K. Exports a lot of fish
Did you not realise that
Fish in British Coastal waters should not be shared