Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 22600 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 06:13:16 PM »
In what way was she interfering ?

She was asking  quite personal questions of witnesses  without having the authority to do so.
I can understand why they did find her to be intrusive.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 06:14:20 PM »
She was asking  quite personal questions without having the authority to do so.

Maybe they did, but how would it interfere with the investigation?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2018, 06:22:32 PM »

YM may have become an arguida at some stage if the PJ became suspicious of her contact with the parents. She was employed in an area related to adoption, forced or otherwise.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2018, 06:23:18 PM »

I would imagine any questioning of witnesses should be first carried out by official investigators.
I wasn't there, so I don't know the tone of her questioning, whether her questioning  would appear to be unnecessary or prying as she had no authority or permission to do so.
It could have interfered with the investigation as the first questioning should be done by the police.
She should have just given comforting words and reassurance in my opinion.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2018, 06:40:52 PM »
The question remains unanswered but I do understand why an honest answer would be difficult for you.
Erngarth answered your question with a NO, which part of NO is not giving a straight answer?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2018, 06:41:17 PM »
She was English and was best placed to give support but that group didn't want any lowly social worker being able to see what they had been up to imo.

Snip
A middle-aged British woman lady suddenly materialized beside me and introduced herself.
She announced that she was, or had been, a social worker or child protection officer and insisted on showing me her professional papers, including, I think, her Criminal Records Bureau certificate.
She asked me to sit down on a low wall, plonked herself next to me and told me she wanted me to go through everything that had happened the previous night.
She was quite pushy and her manner, her very presence, were making me feel uncomfortable and adding to my distress.

David was standing nearby.
Concerned he took me aside and pointed out that we didn’t know who this woman was or what she was doing there. He reassured me that I wasn’t obliged to speak to her if I didn’t want to. And I didn’t want to.

Whoever she was, and whatever her credential were, it was an inappropriate intrusion.

And something about it, something about her, just didn’t feel right.

I was glad I extricated myself. This woman would pop up several times in the days and months to come and I still don’t really know who she is or what she was trying to achieve.Kate McCann

I remain incredulous at this woman's behaviour and I think Kate's unease about her and her unwarranted intrusion was spot on.

Some of us must have had our personal space invaded by weird individuals on whom we immediately think it wise to exercise our best disengaging skills to put as much distance between them and us as with as much speed as we possibly can ... in my opinion Ms Martin gives every appearance of being exactly that type of persona non grata.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 06:43:32 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2018, 06:42:21 PM »

There is no Richard and Judy book on my coffee table!

Even though it wasn't a best seller, parts of his book have become set in stone for some.
His thoughts and "raised possibilitie" have become part and parcel of the armoury of those who attack the McCanns on online forums, newspaper comments and on line polls
His "possibilities" are regurgitated at every opportunity.
Then these "possibilities" are spread by word of mouth to many who have not read his book.
He didn't have to have a best seller for his "possibilities" to become fact in the mind of some.

I believe his "raised possibilities " have had an impact on the belief that Madeleine's parents were involved in her disappearance.

Wow and he did all this without a professional PR machine behind him, either.

Anyone believe that?  I don't. 

Remember the 'Dear Julia' Videos ?

AIMO

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2018, 06:48:07 PM »
None of The Sceptics seem to be really interested in this.  But then this sort of thing does appear to go on quite a lot in Portugal.  So perhaps it's normal.

It certainly is in the U.K. Data can be supplied if needed.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 06:49:47 PM »
More humility and less arrogance would have stood them in good stead from the outset.  The classic being the English social worker who went to assist immediately but was told in no uncertain terms to go away.

I expect Yvonne meant well, but how insensitive she was at such a time, barging in and asking questions.

IIRC to their credit, I think that even the PJ were being hands off with Kate in the early hours.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2018, 06:53:10 PM »

Perhaps this lack of decency and professionalism was apparent to the McCanns and friends who had every right to decline her interference. IMO

In my opinion the value of her contribution was apparent to the people on the ground such as the Policia Judiciaria ...

Processos Vol XIII
Page 3421
Date : 2007 – 11 - 14

To: The Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Paolo Rebelo

Service Information

Subject: Expedient related to Yvone Warren Martin

In the sequence of the contents of the service information in annex, which was prepared by Inspector José Monteira on 12 – 06 – 2007, the questioning of Yvone Warren Martin was twice begun, according to the files that are also joined to this.

The statement relates in detail her intervention with the McCann couple after having heard about Madeleine’s disappearance.

She adds that on one occasion, because it had occurred to her that the parents and the friends could eventually be involved in the child’s disappearance, she wrote an anonymous letter to the British police.

The statements given to the PJ today by Yvone Martin provide a concrete clarification of the reasons for her suspicions, which in my opinion, do not point to any concrete element that could, in any way, make other inquiries directly related to her statements, viable.

With nothing further to add.

Signed

Inspector Ferreira

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2018, 07:25:28 PM »
Then she should have had the decency and professionalism to put her name to those suspicions.
She did , as in the end Yvonne admitted the letter was from her.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 07:29:04 PM »
She was asking  quite personal questions of witnesses  without having the authority to do so.
Yvonne presented her credentials to the PJ and they let her proceed.  IMO that means she had authority.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2018, 07:31:09 PM »
Yvonne presented her credentials to the PJ and they let her proceed.  IMO that means she had authority.

Not sure about that, but they clearly didn't consider she was interfering with the investigation - IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline sadie

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2018, 07:37:45 PM »
Anyone believe that?  I don't. 

Remember the 'Dear Julia' Videos ?

AIMO

And do you remember how tastefully he was suddenly dressed, well cut outfits and linens etc...  after the ill fitting man made fabrics of before ?   

Such a change from diamond earrings and torn jeans and scruffy shirts/ suits

I wonder who provided the money and the style?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2018, 09:26:46 PM »

I don't think she did Robbity.

She arrived at the scene on the coat tail of the GNR which in my opinion would suggest to the casual observer that she was part of the investigation ...
Snip
At first, she could not locate the exact site where the family was staying on holiday. Upon seeing a police patrol car which passed close by her, she asked the police if they could show her the right location. She was accompanied by the patrol car to the apartment from where the child had disappeared and where the parents were staying.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm

She approached the witnesses and began asking inappropriate questions.  In my opinion she embarked on her enterprise based solely on her own authorisation.  I have difficulty with the inability of some to recognise just how out of order and unprofessional  her behaviour was ... the PJ had neither spoken with her or authorised her to do anything.