Author Topic: Why do some believe the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance?  (Read 16601 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Hi.  I'm new to this case and as such know very little.  I'm interested in understanding why some believe the parents had a direct hand in MM's disappearance and would be grateful if you could explain, as short or as long as you wish, why you hold such beliefs.  Many thanks. 

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline The General

- The evidence of the dogs and forensics do not point to an abduction. I've pointed out the remarkable coincidence of 'corroborative' dog alerts to DNA being found, coupled with a small child disappearing - what's the chances? Even if we allow that they employed the world's worst EVRD dogs, they still managed to be successful and only at the scenes of crime.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 10:46:42 AM by Angelo222 »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

- The evidence of the dogs and forensics do not point to an abduction. I've pointed out the remarkable coincidence of 'corroborative' dog alerts to DNA being found, coupled with a small child disappearing - what's the chances? Even if we allow that they employed the world's worst EVRD dogs, they still managed to be successful and only at the scenes of crime.

What DNA was found of any significance?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 10:47:23 AM by Angelo222 »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

Sceptics revealing themselves as sceptics  - this might be an interesting thread!  Several times I've started a thread on a similar theme and there seemed a reluctance  to make a stand "why some believe the parents had a direct hand in MM's disappearance".

Let's see if you have better luck at drawing them out.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

What DNA was found of any significance?
The inconclusive DNA.

Offline Venturi Swirl

The inconclusive DNA.
Oh yes, the DNA that could have come from pretty much anyone and from any human secretion. . 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

Sceptics revealing themselves as sceptics  - this might be an interesting thread!  Several times I've started a thread on a similar theme and there seemed a reluctance  to make a stand "why some believe the parents had a direct hand in MM's disappearance".

Well this is the point. It's a very pointed question and, given the mountain of circumstantial evidence for and against, and the relative paucity of corroborative evidence, it's not one I can answer. But I've provided one reason why some sceptics think as they do, but it's not answering the original question.

Offline Erngath

I did start a thread some time ago about sceptic beliefs.
Perhaps a new one is a good idea.
As you suggest........Why some believe the parents had a direct hand in Madeleine's disappearance......may be a much better title thread than mine.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Holly Goodhead

So those who believe the parents are directly responsible are referred to as "sceptics".  Are those who believe the opposite referred to as anything?  I need to familiarize myself with the terminology!
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline The General

Oh yes, the DNA that could have come from pretty much anyone and from any human secretion. .
Yes. I've qualified that already. I'm happy at this point to state that the forensic evidence establishes nothing. But there's the absence of evidence in 'alerts' elsewhere - so, again, looking at probability, as we have been discussing recently, seems quite a stretch.

Offline The General

So those who believe the parents are directly responsible are referred to as "sceptics".  Are those who believe the opposite referred to as anything?  I need to familiarize myself with the terminology!
Yes, I'm happy to labelled as a 'sceptic'. I wouldn't have it any other way.
You have sceptics and supporters, labels that were established prior to my arrival certainly. The fact that there are many subsets to each seems to be lost on most here.

Offline Venturi Swirl

I support the theory that Madeleine was abducted by a stranger.  Apparently this makes me a McCann supporter too. 

Offline The General

I support the theory that Madeleine was abducted by a stranger.  Apparently this makes me a McCann supporter too.
Splitter.....

Offline Brietta

I did start a thread some time ago about sceptic beliefs.
Perhaps a new one is a good idea.
As you suggest........Why some believe the parents had a direct hand in Madeleine's disappearance......may be a much better title thread than mine.

I think it all boils down to the same and as the General notes there are many subsets.  One of which I think may be people who care nothing either way but have homed in on a jolly good trolling opportunity and the despicable opportunity to be as thoroughly nasty (in the main anonymously) as it is possible to be and have immediate back up for it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

Me too!!

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.