Author Topic: The Calpol claim revisited.  (Read 48312 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The Calpol claim revisited.
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2018, 07:18:51 PM »
I’ve been to a MW resort with children and they ran about all day doing various activities. I never had trouble waking them if I needed to though.

Of course there will be variation.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2018, 07:23:15 PM »
Of course there will be variation.
I think it's particularly  true of young children... Under 5

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2018, 08:25:54 PM »
Enough....
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2018, 12:14:22 PM »
I’ve been to a MW resort with children and they ran about all day doing various activities. I never had trouble waking them if I needed to though.

So you left your children alone with strangers? oh how could you Faith?!!!... 8(0(*

Just a point about that. The McCanns in one of their many excuses about the 'listening service' they provided  as evening childcare, was they didn't like to leave the children alone with strangers.. they had no bother doing that during the day.

This was in response to a question why didn't they hire a nanny who were on offer at MW- to babysit...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Sunny

« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2018, 09:58:41 PM »

So you left your children alone with strangers? oh how could you Faith?!!!... 8(0(*

Just a point about that. The McCanns in one of their many excuses about the 'listening service' they provided  as evening childcare, was they didn't like to leave the children alone with strangers.. they had no bother doing that during the day.

This was in response to a question why didn't they hire a nanny who were on offer at MW- to babysit...

They could even possibly have had Cat Baker to babysit, she who knew Madeleine well..

Modified thanks to Sadie.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:09:20 AM by Sunny »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline sadie

« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2018, 11:29:51 PM »

Even you Mistaken, must realise that there is a big difference between leaving your child in a daylight club, with open access.   Where staff and  parents 'come and go' randomly, so without even trying, monitoring what goes on there     
~ versus ~     
Having a virtual stranger looking after them, in the solitude of your flat with curtains drawn, door locked and no random visitors unconsciously  monitoring things.

I wouldn't have allowed the second, but yes, I would have allowed the former.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2018, 11:36:21 PM »
Even you Mistaken, must realise that there is a big difference between leaving your child in a daylight club where parents 'come and go' randomly, so without even trying, monitoring what goes on there     
~ versus ~     
Having a virtual stranger looking after them, in the solitude of your flat with curtains drawn, door locked and no random visitors unconsciously  monitoring things.

Either proposition would be better than leaving your children on their own with the doors unlocked.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2018, 11:53:33 PM »
They could even possibly have had Cat Baker to babysite, she who knew the children well..
Correction.

Only Madeleine was in her group.  The twins were in another club geographically seperated.

After a few days with Madeleine in her group, she would have known her fairly well

However there was NO reason why Cat Baker would know the twins at all.  They spent their 'club' time, crow flies, about 220 metres away ... and considerably further by foot

Can I have a cite, please

Offline sadie

« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2018, 12:03:58 AM »
Either proposition would be better than leaving your children on their own with the doors unlocked.
In the understanding of The Mccanns, only ONE door was unlocked and that was the patio door, which the Tapas Group could see from about 50 metres away.   Even Amaral said that no-one would dare go in via that entrance becos it was so overlooked by the parents and friends.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2018, 02:34:19 AM »
Correction.

Only Madeleine was in her group.  The twins were in another club geographically seperated.

After a few days with Madeleine in her group, she would have known her fairly well

However there was NO reason why Cat Baker would know the twins at all.  They spent their 'club' time, crow flies, about 220 metres away ... and considerably further by foot

Can I have a cite, please
I think you have made a valid point.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 08:13:28 AM by slartibartfast »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2018, 07:11:08 AM »
I think you have made a valid point.

And she did Robittybob1 and I had already amended my post accordingly and thanked Sadie for putting me right.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2018, 07:18:00 AM »
In the understanding of The Mccanns, only ONE door was unlocked and that was the patio door, which the Tapas Group could see from about 50 metres away.   Even Amaral said that no-one would dare go in via that entrance becos it was so overlooked by the parents and friends.

Why do you find it necessary to pluralise the patio door into "doors", Faith ?

Putting the boot in?   

Let's have transparent honesty please ... and would you correct your post T.Y.   We dont want more myths flying around the place, do we ?

I agree Sadie we don't want myths flying around so with this in mind pleases could you provide a cite where the group would be able to see the door from the restaurant.   I have had a brief look and see how they could see the actual door only part of the outside of 5a. Otherwise why not amend your post as I did.

By the way thanks again for putting me right regarding Cat.

Offline barrier

« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2018, 08:48:49 AM »

How right he is imo no one used that entrance nor another to allegedly abduct the girl.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2018, 08:51:34 AM »

Interesting that you use one of GA’s reasons to doubt abduction as an indicator of how safe it was?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2018, 09:36:15 AM »
And she did Robittybob1 and I had already amended my post accordingly and thanked Sadie for putting me right.
Well that is a bonus.
Moderation