Author Topic: Philosophical question  (Read 4396 times)

Offline jassi

Philosophical question
« on: January 06, 2019, 11:40:05 AM »
Would discovery of a body be a better outcome than never any trace found  at all ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Philosophical question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 01:30:45 PM »
Would discovery of a body be a better outcome than never any trace found  at all ?
Keith Bennett’s mother seemed to think so.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 02:35:14 PM »
Keith Bennett’s mother seemed to think so.

I believe Brady admitted to killing Keith,so that's understandable.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 02:46:14 PM »
I was thinking that some degree of closure could occur in that there would be certainty regarding her ultimate fate.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 02:51:19 PM »

I believe Brady admitted to killing Keith,so that's understandable.
I fail to understand the point you are trying to make.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 09:06:34 PM »
I fail to understand the point you are trying to make.

Having an admission of his murder gave Keith's mother some closure as she then knew her son was dead- However that cruel B....tard refused to say exactly where he was buried.  I can't speak for Mrs Bennet or the family. I would suggest that the admission and knowledge that Lovely little Keith- is not alive being tortured or harmed anymore and the family can go to the moors, if they so wished, to lay flowers could be seen as some form of closure etc.

It will never remove the pain of what actually happened.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 09:20:41 PM »

Having an admission of his murder gave Keith's mother some closure as she then knew her son was dead- However that cruel B....tard refused to say exactly where he was buried.  I can't speak for Mrs Bennet or the family. I would suggest that the admission and knowledge that Lovely little Keith- is not alive being tortured or harmed anymore and the family can go to the moors, if they so wished, to lay flowers could be seen as some form of closure etc.

It will never remove the pain of what actually happened.
Bennett’s body was never recovered and so imo his mother never got the closure she longed for.  IMO.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 09:41:50 PM »
Bennett’s body was never recovered and so imo his mother never got the closure she longed for.  IMO.

What closure are you aware of that the mothers feelings wasn't addressed?  The mum was desperate to find out what happened! She found out - that is closure. I am sure she longed to have his body brought home and given a decent burial to take place, her broken heart would never mend.

Keiths mum and family were left unsure if Keith was a victim of Those two s..mbags. The family got a version of closure as I have mentioned, in that they knew he was not alive, they know what happened to him. They were not left wondering what happened to him- that is closure in the sense of the question Jassi asked. They do not know the exact location of his body but they do know it is somewhere in Yorkshire- perhaps the moors.

If a child is classed as  missing there is no closure as such.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 11:14:43 PM »
What closure are you aware of that the mothers feelings wasn't addressed?  The mum was desperate to find out what happened! She found out - that is closure. I am sure she longed to have his body brought home and given a decent burial to take place, her broken heart would never mend.

Keiths mum and family were left unsure if Keith was a victim of Those two s..mbags. The family got a version of closure as I have mentioned, in that they knew he was not alive, they know what happened to him. They were not left wondering what happened to him- that is closure in the sense of the question Jassi asked. They do not know the exact location of his body but they do know it is somewhere in Yorkshire- perhaps the moors.

If a child is classed as  missing there is no closure as such.

I really don’t know what you are arguing against.  If you think Winnie Johnson went to her grave with closure regarding Keith’s death then sadly the facts show you are mistaken.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:48:36 PM by John »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 07:23:21 AM »

I think this is a question that only the parents of a missing child can answer.

Offline jassi

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 08:58:29 AM »
I think this is a question that only the parents of a missing child can answer.

Doesn't stop other people having an opinion on the matter, though.

We give opinions on all sorts of things about which we have little knowledge or experience

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 09:02:32 AM »
Doesn't stop other people having an opinion on the matter, though.

We give opinions on all sorts of things about which we have little knowledge or experience

And often don't know much of what we are talking about.

However, I don't mind people having opinions.  But they still can't know what it really feels like, so their opinions are worthless.

Offline barrier

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 09:10:52 AM »

However, I don't mind people having opinions.  But they still can't know what it really feels like, so their opinions are worthless.

How many times have we seen comments for and against how the McCanns must feel when as you say no one knows what it can feel like.Do you feel their opinions are worthless?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 09:27:01 AM »

I'm pleased about that

Or maybe not -

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 09:35:26 AM »

How many times have we seen comments for and against how the McCanns must feel when as you say no one knows what it can feel like.Do you feel their opinions are worthless?

No-one knows for sure how the McCanns feel because they have limited themselves to describing their feelings rather than showing them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0