Author Topic: Has the reward money for the safe return of Madeleine McCann been dropped?  (Read 98401 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Has the reward money for the safe return of Madeleine McCann been dropped?
« Reply #315 on: February 27, 2014, 10:19:52 PM »
Yep.

That reward would've been claimed by one of the "burglars" who would have turned in his buddies in a heartbeat.

Assuming they existed in the first place,of course...
Rewards are tricky, the notes are invisibly marked and as people pay with bank cards, a note of 500 euros is examined before being accepted.

icabodcrane

« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2014, 10:46:13 PM »
Rewards are tricky, the notes are invisibly marked and as people pay with bank cards, a note of 500 euros is examined before being accepted.

Marked notes would only be an issue in the case of a  ransom being paid

A  'reward'  on the other hand, would be legitimately paid in return for crucial information

I can't think of a single reason for the  McCanns not offering a substancial reward

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2014, 10:57:27 PM »

Let's assume the 3 burglars each told their mothers/lovers/wives/buddies about who they had in the back shed.  Some may have confided in a couple of people over the years.

That's at least 3 other people, who know.  3 other people who may or may not still be friendly with their particular burglar, 7 years down the track.  Would they not attempt to claim the reward?

So far, no one exists.  Euclides widow has outright defended him and rejected any suggestion of his guilt, even though they were divorced, so she's ruled out. 

As far as the other two, well they could be on their second partner/lover/cellmate by now, so where are they?

And on and on...

IF a successful abduction was staged by a "team", there are people who have knowledge of it, who would be able to safely come to LE and eventually claim the reward.

Where are the other 2+ who know about this "crime"?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:00:06 PM by Silkywhiskers »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2014, 01:28:57 AM »
Let's assume the 3 burglars each told their mothers/lovers/wives/buddies about who they had in the back shed.  Some may have confided in a couple of people over the years.

That's at least 3 other people, who know.  3 other people who may or may not still be friendly with their particular burglar, 7 years down the track.  Would they not attempt to claim the reward?

So far, no one exists.  Euclides widow has outright defended him and rejected any suggestion of his guilt, even though they were divorced, so she's ruled out. 

As far as the other two, well they could be on their second partner/lover/cellmate by now, so where are they?

And on and on...

IF a successful abduction was staged by a "team", there are people who have knowledge of it, who would be able to safely come to LE and eventually claim the reward.

Where are the other 2+ who know about this "crime"?

I fear that what you are writing holds a great deal of logic, Silkywhiskers.

Perhaps there is a very powerful or wealthy person holding Madeleine - or associates of such a person - for whom anonymity is more important even than a very large sum of money.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #319 on: February 28, 2014, 01:49:39 AM »
I fear that what you are writing holds a great deal of logic, Silkywhiskers.

Perhaps there is a very powerful or wealthy person holding Madeleine - or associates of such a person - for whom anonymity is more important even than a very large sum of money.

Hate to break it to you SH but I believe the chances wee Madeleine is still alive are basically, zero.

I believe her   [ .... moderated out ... ]   and are lying through their teeth and 90% of what we read in the so-called "media" is false or misleading.

8(8-))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:26:33 PM by John »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #320 on: February 28, 2014, 01:50:07 AM »
The lack of logic in this  case can be seen in many places, and one is the reward.
SY should state clearly what the reward now is.
And they should phrase it definitively, and primarily in portuguese, and without assumption as to the nature of the crime.
It is bizarre that with millions of euros being spent there is no accurately worded reward publicised in PDL.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:53:44 AM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2014, 02:20:59 AM »
Crimestoppers website. Spot the difference.
Reward for information re disappearance of a 3 year old who disappeared May 2007 = £ ZERO
Reward for information re disappearance of a 27 year old who disappeared March 2007 = £5000
https://crimestoppers-uk.org/in-your-area/eastern/norfolk/crimestoppers-offers-up-to-%C2%A35,000-for-information-on-murder-of-wisbech-man/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:23:54 AM by pegasus »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2014, 02:45:40 AM »
Hate to break it to you SH but I believe the chances wee Madeleine is still alive are basically, zero.

I believe her   [ .... moderated out ... ]   and are lying through their teeth and 90% of what we read in the so-called "media" is false or misleading.

8(8-))

Yes I know that's what you were getting at. The most obvious reason for a reward not being claimed is indeed that there is no live child and  no abductor.

But I am deducing that another reason could be that an abductor or associate would want to remain concealed. Unlikely, but possible.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:29:11 PM by John »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2014, 03:00:59 AM »
A proper reward would be for information leading to solving the disappearance.
It would not be restricted by a "live-abduction-only" clause.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2014, 03:15:13 AM »
A proper reward would be for information leading to solving the disappearance.
It would not be restricted by a "live-abduction-only" clause.
If so, many could be tempted..

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »
If so, many could be tempted..

Yes, although it could be that someone would be less likely to come forward in a case where they knew she was dead, telling themselves that nothing could be done anyway.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2014, 08:54:03 PM »
Yes, although it could be that someone would be less likely to come forward in a case where they knew she was dead, telling themselves that nothing could be done anyway.
If they asked me, I would tell where I think Madeleine is. For free. But to find her would cost a lot of money.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2014, 10:31:34 PM »
If they asked me, I would tell where I think Madeleine is. For free. But to find her would cost a lot of money.

Madeleine is Over The Sea.

There is nothing left to find.

8(8-))

Offline misty

« Reply #328 on: October 23, 2014, 05:28:38 PM »
Why do you think that £1m reward money was never claimed?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:38:23 PM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #329 on: October 23, 2014, 05:30:30 PM »
Why do you think that £1m reward money was never claimed?

Easy.

She was never abducted, and those responsible for her 'disappearance', were never going to spill the beans.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:38:42 PM by John »