Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 395548 times)

Offline barrier

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5790 on: February 23, 2020, 10:29:47 AM »
If Madeleine came to harm at the hands of another do you not suppose that it was by someone who was in the area at the time of the disappearance or would it make more sense to you for the police to investigate people who lived further than 20 miles away on the basis that they’d not investigated them before?

Smiths came from Kelly's bar,tying up loose ends,any case will have to be water tight and then some.No room for error.IMO all movements have to accounted for on the evening of 3/05/2007.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:32:17 AM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5791 on: February 23, 2020, 10:41:10 AM »
Not really.
Neddie Seagoon : [discovering Eccles in the coal cellar]  What are you doing here?

Eccles : Everybody's gotta be somewhere...

Ah Ha.  I think you've cracked it.

Said Maureen Eleanor Eccles Lang.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5792 on: February 23, 2020, 10:54:06 AM »
Smiths came from Kelly's bar,tying up loose ends,any case will have to be water tight and then some.No room for error.IMO all movements have to accounted for on the evening of 3/05/2007.
Right, so you really ARE one of those poor deluded souls whi believe the police are just clearing the ground before proceeding to the main course, ie: the McCanns.  Hilarious!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #5793 on: February 23, 2020, 11:10:27 AM »
Right, so you really ARE one of those poor deluded souls whi believe the police are just clearing the ground before proceeding to the main course, ie: the McCanns.  Hilarious!

Sigh! read my tag line.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5794 on: February 23, 2020, 11:13:05 AM »
Sigh! read my tag line.
What are your last few posts on about then?  Do you accept that the McCanns are not police suspects?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5795 on: February 23, 2020, 05:08:04 PM »
The Judicial Police didn't know about the Smiths or their sighting until nearly a fortnight after the event when Peter Smith apparently thought he dreamt it.
So ... back on with their heads ?

Kelly's bar is important in this case to corroborate the timeline and nail Smithman.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #5796 on: February 23, 2020, 05:47:37 PM »
Madeleine McCann police quiz British expat barmaid over her German ex-boyfriend

Madeleine McCann police quiz British expat barmaid over her German ex-boyfriend

Police probing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have quizzed a British barmaid about her German ex-boyfriend.

Carol Hickman, 59, was asked for information on Michael Jehle, 51, who lives near Praia da Luz – where Maddie, three, vanished in 2007.

But Mr Jehle insisted to the Sunday Mirror: “I don’t know about Maddie. Police know where I live.”

Barmaid Carol Hickman told of her shock today.

Expat Carol – who works at Kelly’s Bar just 450 metres from where Madeleine vanished on May 3, 2007 – said two plain-clothed officers acting for Scotland Yard asked about the German decorator.

They wanted phone numbers and any Facebook contact.

The Sunday Mirror has learned another of his exes was quizzed in 2007 – and had her freezer searched.

As the mystery deepened yesterday, baffled Carol, 59, described Mr Jehle as “a friendly hippy”.

And when our team tracked him down he said he had nothing to hide.

Carol said officers from the Portuguese Judicial Police were trying to trace her ex and another of his old flames, a German woman.

Carol, 59, who has lived on the Algarve since 1997, told us: “They came into the bar and said ‘You can thank Her Majesty for this visit’.

"That’s when I knew they were from Scotland Yard. They asked if I could remember May 3, 2007.

“Of course I remember. I was in the bar and we had a call from friends saying a little girl had vanished. We went out on the search and we were out all night.”

Carol said the police visited her two weeks ago – first at the bar, followed by an interview at her home.

She went on: “They were asking about Madeleine and interested in my German ex-boyfriend.

"We were in an 18-month relationship, but at the time of Maddie’s disappearance hadn’t been together for years.

“There’s no reason to suspect him at all. I’m amazed I’m being asked about him. He was a friendly hippy.

"I just find it so strange, the whole thing. The police asked if I had any contact numbers or if I was friends on Facebook, but I’m not.”

It is the second time Kelly’s Bar – a four-minute walk from the McCanns’ apartment – has been mentioned in the investigation.

On the night Madeleine vanished Martin Smith, from Co Louth, Ireland, was there with his family.

As they left they saw a man carrying a small blonde girl who they believe to be Madeleine.

Tonight, the memory remained vivid as Martin told the Sunday Mirror: “I’d say it was definitely the child.

"I’d say it definitely had to be. The place was very quiet at that time of year so I’d say it was definitely the child.”

The latest developments come as it is revealed for the first time that Scotland Yard detectives visited Portugal five times in 2019.

There is nothing to suggest Mr Jehle or the German woman are considered suspects.

It is thought they could help police obtain new information to help in the search.

Mr Jehle has been in Portugal since 1995 and now lives in Monte Novo, Bensafrim, 20 miles from Praia da Luz.

When the Mirror traced him he had no idea why officers had been talking to Carol. Mr Jehle said: “I don’t know anything about Maddie McCann.

“I lived in Praia da Luz for many years, then I moved. I don’t know why the police [are asking about Maddie].

"Everybody knows me, about three months ago people called me and said police were looking for me.

“They were looking for me for another reason. I had to go to court because I had a problem with a friend. This was nothing to do [with Maddie].

“[The police] know where I live, they have my phone number, they can call me.

"I was with Carol in 2004. It was only for one year. She works in Kelly’s Bar, she’s still a good friend of mine.

"I have another girlfriend now. I have had many girlfriends.”

In 2007 another of Mr Jehle’s ex-partners told how she was quizzed by police.

She said then: “Six police, some British, entered my apartment. They told my boyfriend not to move while they looked under the bed.”

On a second visit they reportedly checked her freezer, cupboards and pantry.

She said police officers told her: “We are looking for Madeleine.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-police-quiz-british-21556263

Scotland Yard officers have no authority to question anyone in Portugal so this woman didn't even need to speak to them.  If two officers from SY turned up without PJ being in attendance then they are out of order.  Only a PJ detective has any authority to question people in Portugal and then only in certain circumstances.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:50:23 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline barrier

« Reply #5797 on: February 23, 2020, 05:48:02 PM »
Kelly's bar is important in this case to corroborate the timeline and nail Smithman.

From the mirror article.

It is the second time Kelly’s Bar – a four-minute walk from the McCanns’ apartment – has been mentioned in the investigation.

On the night Madeleine vanished Martin Smith, from Co Louth, Ireland, was there with his family.

As they left they saw a man carrying a small blonde girl who they believe to be Madeleine.
Tonight, the memory remained vivid as Martin told the Sunday Mirror: “I’d say it was definitely the child.

"I’d say it definitely had to be. The place was very quiet at that time of year so I’d say it was definitely the child.”

Offline barrier

« Reply #5798 on: February 23, 2020, 05:59:13 PM »
Scotland Yard officers have no authority to question anyone in Portugal so this woman didn't even need to speak to them.  If two officers from SY turned up without PJ being in attendance then they are out of order.  Only a PJ detective has any authority to question people in Portugal and then only in certain circumstances.

SY just can't roll up to any old place and start questioning,the defence are going to have a field day with this bunch,remember the ILOR's in 2014.Seriously this is to believed?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5799 on: February 23, 2020, 06:00:26 PM »
 I doubt SY rolled up without the PJ

Offline barrier

« Reply #5800 on: February 23, 2020, 06:00:30 PM »

He's the important link,imo.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5801 on: February 23, 2020, 06:28:42 PM »

I agree.
But I don't think anything has been done by Scotland Yard without the full knowledge, assistance and co-operation of the Judicial Police.

Snip
Expat Carol said two plain-clothed officers acting for Scotland Yard asked about the German decorator.

Carol said officers from the Portuguese Judicial Police were trying to trace her ex and another of his old flames, a German woman.

Carol, 59, who has lived on the Algarve since 1997, said: “They came into the bar and said ‘You can thank Her Majesty for this visit’.

"That’s when I knew they were from Scotland Yard.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/madeleine-mccann-police-question-brit-17798566

I think it possible that the police she refers to are Portuguese ... but whatever, if they were SY I doubt very much if they were acting without the PJ being in attendance.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5802 on: February 23, 2020, 06:56:09 PM »
From the article you quoted

“Carol said officers from the Portuguese Judicial Police were trying to trace her ex and another of his old flames, a German woman.”

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5803 on: February 23, 2020, 07:19:30 PM »
He's the important link,imo.

Damn right as he was the one carrying Madeleine away. He doesn't want to show his face so you have to do it for him.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5804 on: February 28, 2020, 09:57:56 AM »
I see that the UK intends to withdraw from the European Arrest Warrant mechanism.
I wonder what, if any, effect this may have on any future prosecution in the Madeleine McCann case ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future