Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 399849 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5205 on: June 22, 2019, 10:19:48 AM »
Must remember the caveat from the MET.

Scotland Yard said in a statement: “The investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann remains ongoing.

“We are not providing a running commentary.”

So how does closing in compute with that.
That was hardly a running commentary.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #5206 on: June 22, 2019, 12:42:21 PM »
“It’s all very secret but then it always is with the Madeleine case.

“Only the police know who the suspect is.”

And they aren't talking  @)(++(*

Well apart from telling all the rags ? no  body I guess ^*&& It will be very interesting how this pans out...

Notice: this is not the same 'Brittish man' who was jumping into bed with children all over the place.

If it is Ney  I have a feeling he didn't do it to protect an  Irish blood line which is associated with jewish anscestory owing to the middle name of Maddie. WHO KNEW?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #5208 on: June 22, 2019, 06:37:25 PM »
Because in my opinion, Amaral is the face of The Portuguese Fascists,  left over from The Glorious Revolution, or two.

He was a senior police officer Eleanor who earned his stripes under the old regime.  One has always to remember that the PJ and the GNR are military brigades and not civil police.  The PSP is the civilian police probably a cross between our own plod and a traffic warden.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 06:41:19 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #5209 on: June 25, 2019, 12:29:54 PM »
He was a senior police officer Eleanor who earned his stripes under the old regime.  One has always to remember that the PJ and the GNR are military brigades and not civil police.  The PSP is the civilian police probably a cross between our own plod and a traffic warden.

Are you sure about that, Angelo?

The GNR is military - agreed.

The PJ is part of the judiciary.

The PSP is civilian - agreed.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5210 on: June 26, 2019, 08:03:53 AM »
MADDIE BLOW Madeleine McCann news – Met chief Cressida Dick admits missing girl may never be found despite multimillion-pound search
Mark Hodge
25 Jun 2019, 22:39Updated: 26 Jun 2019, 7:38
BRITAIN'S top cop Cressida Dick has admitted she doesn't know if the Madeleine McCann case will ever be solved.

The Metropolitan Police commissioner said it would be "fantastic" if detectives found Madeleine McCann - who vanished from a holiday apartment in Portugal 12 years ago.

Met Police chief Cressida Dick has admitted she doesn't know if Madeleine McCann will ever be found
Met Police chief Cressida Dick has admitted she doesn't know if Madeleine McCann will ever be foundCredit: PA:Press Association
But Ms Dick admitted she did not know if the multi-million pound probe would be successful and said it could be "closed" if there were no more “active lines of inquiry”.

Speaking on LBC radio on Monday, she said: “We don’t give a running commentary on this case. We frequently speak to the Portuguese police team.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

“We are still doing our work as best as we possibly can.”

LBC host Nick Ferrari asked: “Do you think it will ever be solved?".

She replied: “It would be fantastic if it was. I don’t know whether it will be.

“But we are carrying on. While there are still lines of inquiry we will of course continue with this.

“Once, or if, we get to a point where there are no longer active lines of inquiry then of course we will – as with all similar investigations – say, ‘Right, that one is now closed or dormant if you like.’

“If new information comes in we have it all ready to go to look at it again.’’

It would be fantastic if it was (solved). I don’t know whether it will be
Met Police Chief Cressida Dick
This comes after it was revealed last week that cops are closing in on a new prime suspect in the long-running case.

Portuguese police are perusing a “new clue and suspect” after talks with British officers, according to a bombshell local media report.

Correio da Manha newspaper claimed local detectives are now "nearer to knowing what happened to Madeleine”.

It comes after a tip-off over a mystery "foreign" man who was in the Algarve at the time of Maddie's disappearance in 2007.

Detectives from Scotland Yard recently met Policia Judiciaria (PJ) officers in Porto to share key information on the investigation.

A source in Portugal told The Mirror: "The British were here recently, there were talks at the PJ office in the city.

NEW PRIME SUSPECT

"Only the police know who the suspect is.”

It's not clear if the suspect's whereabouts is known to detectives.

But the face-to-face meeting between British and Portuguese police is believed to be the first since the new suspect came to light.

It could be the biggest leap forward in the £12million investigation since Maddie vanished from her holiday flat at Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9374184/madeleine-mccann-met-chief-never-found/

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

« Reply #5211 on: June 29, 2019, 10:55:02 PM »
MADDIE BLOW Madeleine McCann news – Met chief Cressida Dick admits missing girl may never be found despite multimillion-pound search
Mark Hodge
25 Jun 2019, 22:39Updated: 26 Jun 2019, 7:38
BRITAIN'S top cop Cressida Dick has admitted she doesn't know if the Madeleine McCann case will ever be solved.

The Metropolitan Police commissioner said it would be "fantastic" if detectives found Madeleine McCann - who vanished from a holiday apartment in Portugal 12 years ago.

Met Police chief Cressida Dick has admitted she doesn't know if Madeleine McCann will ever be found
Met Police chief Cressida Dick has admitted she doesn't know if Madeleine McCann will ever be foundCredit: PA:Press Association
But Ms Dick admitted she did not know if the multi-million pound probe would be successful and said it could be "closed" if there were no more “active lines of inquiry”.

Speaking on LBC radio on Monday, she said: “We don’t give a running commentary on this case. We frequently speak to the Portuguese police team.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

“We are still doing our work as best as we possibly can.”

LBC host Nick Ferrari asked: “Do you think it will ever be solved?".

She replied: “It would be fantastic if it was. I don’t know whether it will be.

“But we are carrying on. While there are still lines of inquiry we will of course continue with this.

“Once, or if, we get to a point where there are no longer active lines of inquiry then of course we will – as with all similar investigations – say, ‘Right, that one is now closed or dormant if you like.’

“If new information comes in we have it all ready to go to look at it again.’’

It would be fantastic if it was (solved). I don’t know whether it will be
Met Police Chief Cressida Dick
This comes after it was revealed last week that cops are closing in on a new prime suspect in the long-running case.

Portuguese police are perusing a “new clue and suspect” after talks with British officers, according to a bombshell local media report.

Correio da Manha newspaper claimed local detectives are now "nearer to knowing what happened to Madeleine”.

It comes after a tip-off over a mystery "foreign" man who was in the Algarve at the time of Maddie's disappearance in 2007.

Detectives from Scotland Yard recently met Policia Judiciaria (PJ) officers in Porto to share key information on the investigation.

A source in Portugal told The Mirror: "The British were here recently, there were talks at the PJ office in the city.

NEW PRIME SUSPECT

"Only the police know who the suspect is.”

It's not clear if the suspect's whereabouts is known to detectives.

But the face-to-face meeting between British and Portuguese police is believed to be the first since the new suspect came to light.

It could be the biggest leap forward in the £12million investigation since Maddie vanished from her holiday flat at Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9374184/madeleine-mccann-met-chief-never-found/

and to think some claim to know.. tsk. It does sound like they believe she is dead. They are giving nothing away about suspects. The paps will ofcourse name and shame who they think it may be...

It will be very interesting to read when the 'archive' is reinstated by the PJ.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5212 on: June 29, 2019, 11:50:47 PM »

and to think some claim to know.. tsk. It does sound like they believe she is dead. They are giving nothing away about suspects. The paps will ofcourse name and shame who they think it may be...

It will be very interesting to read when the 'archive' is reinstated by the PJ.
Will they make the same mistake twice?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5213 on: June 30, 2019, 08:59:21 AM »
Will they make the same mistake twice?

In what way was a mistake made in the first instance.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #5214 on: June 30, 2019, 09:29:53 AM »

I think "Mistakes" plural might be better.

« Reply #5215 on: June 30, 2019, 11:57:50 AM »
I think "Mistakes" plural might be better.

Indeed I agree.

The T9 should have been taken away from the scene and questioned individually on that night!
They should have been charged with interfering with a police investigation  (using PIs to question potential witneses)
And if they are as bad as you all say why were they not locked up right away and tortured for information? and a fitnup charge of child abondonment  or other trumped up charge labelled t them?

The mistakes were to let the parents their PR  and expensive Legal team to run the show, (IMO) and what a show it was.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5216 on: June 30, 2019, 11:59:15 AM »
Releasing the file has certainly shown me that the investigation wasn't really an investigation, but to me it appears more an exercise in clearing Ocean Club of blame for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5217 on: June 30, 2019, 12:01:39 PM »
Indeed I agree.

The T9 should have been taken away from the scene and questioned individually on that night!
They should have been charged with interfering with a police investigation  (using PIs to question potential witneses)
And if they are as bad as you all say why were they not locked up right away and tortured for information? and a fitnup charge of child abondonment  or other trumped up charge labelled t them?

The mistakes were to let the parents their PR  and expensive Legal team to run the show, (IMO) and what a show it was.
Yes, the PJ should have abandoned any pretence of looking for the missing child or a potential abductor and just banged up the T9 that night and interrogated them til they cracked.  That would have been much better.   *&^^&
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5218 on: June 30, 2019, 12:03:33 PM »
Yes, the PJ should have abandoned any pretence of looking for the missing child or a potential abductor and just banged up the T9 that night and interrogated them til they cracked.  That would have been much better.   *&^^&

I think amaral felt there was too much political interference in the PJ carrying out their normal investigation and interrogation methods.. Perhaps he was right

« Reply #5219 on: June 30, 2019, 12:04:03 PM »
Releasing the file has certainly shown me that the investigation wasn't really an investigation, but to me it appears more an exercise in clearing Ocean Club of blame for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

In what way were the ocean club responsible? It was the parents 100% responsibility to look after their own children while they slept.

OC had various child minding services which the T9 refused to procure. And don't forget, the T9 had devised the plan to have their own childcare arrangements ie listening at the doors, long before they left the UK.