Author Topic: Justice for Andrew Jones. Please help us convict the killers of our son  (Read 42865 times)

Andrew Jones 1984-2003

Andrew Was attacked in the early hours of Sunday 9th March 2003. He died the following day with serious head injuries.

This happened at the junction of Hanover street and Gradwell street in the Liverpool city centre. He was walking along minding his own buisness, when a group of 6 men and at least 4 women walked passed him. Accidently bumping into one of them, he said sorry and carried on walking. This was not good enough for them and they decided to back him back down the street hurling abuse and threatening him.

Obviously, being by himself he would not have been able to defend himself. While his head was turned away one of them swung a punch at him so hard it broke his jaw and he fell back and hit his head on the pavement, so hard it fractured his skull and his head started pouring with blood almost imediatly. While he was on the ground, one of them decided to give him a kick while he was laying dying.

The area had a lot of people about who must have witnessed the attack. There was also a police car nearby with 2 officers looking on, and a few parked vehicles with people sitting there watching.

Andrew was a loving, hard working young man. He never had a bad bone in his body. We can not ever understand why anyone would want to be so evil to want to hurt him. We miss him so much everyday, it hurts. One thing is certain though, no matter how long it takes, and what we have to do, we will get justice for him.

www.justiceforandrewjones.co.uk

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:15:30 AM by John »
w

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Welcome, justiceforandrew.

We look forward to learning more about your case.

Thanks mate have a look on his website if you get a chance?
w

Offline Holly Goodhead

Hi and welcome to the forum justiceforandrew  ?{)(**

Thanks for the link will have a look.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline John

Welcome to the forum justiceforandrew.   I wasn't aware of this case but the little I have read (your website is down at the moment) is appalling.  The police and CPS know who these people are but they (the group) won't say who threw the fatal punch.   Whatever happened to the Joint Enterprise Law?  Surely they are all guilty by virtue of their decision to wilfully obstruct justice and ultimately permit one of their number to defeat the ends of justice?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:08:44 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Welcome to the forum justiceforandrew.   I wasn't aware of this case but the little I have read (your website is down at the moment) is appalling.  The police and CPS know who these people are but they (the group) won't say who threw the fatal punch.   Whatever happened to the Joint Enterprise Law?  Surely they are all guilty by virtue of their decision to wilfully obstruct justice and ultimately permit one of their number to defeat the ends of justice?

'the group won't say who threw the fatal punch.'

Obviously a bunch of cowards.

I was going to suggest naming & shaming the s..mbags but it appears someone already did.

http://www.justiceforandrewjones.co.uk/messagetothekillers.htm

Crimewatch 2006

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:17:40 AM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Moderator

A warm welcome to the forum Mr and Mrs Jones.

When you get an opportunity I am sure the members would appreciate an update into what is happening in this case.

Offline Anna

Welcome to the forum, Mr&Mrs Jones.
                  What a lot of pain you must have gone through and are still going through.
 As a parent I can understand your need  to expose your son's killer and I sincerely hope the coward responsible will be brought to justice in the very near future. I look forward to hearing more of what you have to say about the case.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline John

The 11th March 2014 will mark the 11th anniversary of the savage brutal cowardly attack on Andrew.  What I find quite astounding is that the perpetrator,  who is in fact known,  has yet to face his just desserts.  The criminal justice system has miserably failed Andrew and his loved ones.

Lets not forget that there has already been a trial which collapsed because the seven cowards who were with the killer that fateful night failed to speak out.  They are no better than the thug who threw the punch.

..................................................................................

Eyewitness, Mrs Simpson watched the violence unfold in March 2003, still remembers it step-by-step today and has her own clear idea of who the murderer is.

Speaking from France, where she now lives partly to avoid reprisals, she told the ECHO: “My husband and I saw the whole thing. Four lads were pushing Andrew down the road. He was walking backwards and trying to stay upright.

“One man was doing most of the shoving and shouting. He whacked him really hard. The group circled him on the ground and a guy kicked him. I was already crying when they walked away with Andrew lying there.”

Mrs Simpson, who was visiting Liverpool for a concert on the day of the murder and was staying in a hotel, said: “The lack of a conviction is a sad indictment of the British justice system.”

She also condemned the actions of the gang of suspects who she believes continue to orchestrate a cover-up so the killing is never solved.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/teacher-speaks-out-how-saw-3349520
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:18:03 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Angelo222

The high level of fear and intimidation in this case is unbelievable.   It would be interesting to know who is behind it all.   A joint enterprise prosecution should have taken place so why is the CPS prevaricating??    Every single member of that group is guilty of perverting the course of justice and must be prosecuted NOW!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:28:50 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Re: Justice for Andrew Jones. Please help us convict the killers of our son
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 10:00:09 AM »
Thank you everyone for the messages and taking the time to read it yes I will keep you all updated x
w

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 11:10:29 AM »
Thank you everyone for the messages and taking the time to read it yes I will keep you all updated x

I hope these eight people get their just desserts.  Have you considered a private prosecution since there is a lower threshold than in a criminal case?  There are precedents wrt this with terrorists being among those successfully sued.

Alternatively, why not push for them all to be prosecuted under joint enterprise laws.  After all, they are guilty of perverting the course of justice.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:12:31 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 12:06:19 AM »
For information.   The Andrew Jones case has been given its own board.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 12:14:51 AM »
Dec 29, 2008

The wall of silence that hides Andrew Jones's killer

Andrew Jones went out in Liverpool to celebrate his cousin’s birthday. Two days later he was dead after an attack in the city centre.

Despite a collapsed court case and a number of arrests, the teenager’s killer is still at large.

And at his inquest a line-up of witnesses all failed to recollect seeing who threw the blow that caused his death. It led to a solicitor asking two if they felt no shame at their answers.

Today the ECHO puts them all in the spotlight

POPULAR Everton fan Andrew Jones died nearly six years ago.

The teenage fork lift truck driver, of Cherry Lane, Walton, was on a night out in the city centre when he became separated from his friends.

He walked home along Hanover Street at 3.15am on Sunday March 9.

That night, a group of friends, unknown to Andrew, were also out celebrating.

James Roberts, Lee Paul, Michael Stevens, Neil Jones, James Foy and Chris Townsend were among a group also in Hanover Street.

Michelle Kelly, Mr Stevens’s then-girlfriend, was there with her friend Hayley Morrisey, as was Mr Paul’s then-girlfriend Danielle Phillips. Independent eyewitness Simone Simpson told Andrew’s inquest earlier this month she saw the teenager facing a group of four males.

She said she saw him in the middle of the road, walking backwards and gesturing with his palms up.

Then she saw a male in a white top throw a punch and watched as Andrew fell to the floor.

Ms Simpson later used CCTV to identify Lee Paul as the man who struck Andrew.

It is a suggestion he has always denied and he has never been charged in connection with the killing.

Mr Roberts, then 20 and from Huyton, was charged with Andrew’s death, but later acquitted.

The investigation into Andrew’s death remains open and is periodically reviewed by Merseyside police.

But to this day, Andrew’s killer remains at large.

The witnesses

NEIL JONES

THE rail operations manager is the only one of the group to recall the punch which killed Andrew.

But he told Andrew’s inquest he did not know the killer’s identity because the punch came from behind him.

The 27-year-old told the inquest he stepped between Andrew and Lee Paul, who were arguing.

He said he could not remember if Mr Paul walked away, but said he “would have known” if he was the one to punch Andrew.

At the time, the court heard he gave a police statement saying he told Andrew to “leave it” because Mr Paul was an “idiot”.

Andrew’s family’s solicitor Mark George said Mr Jones was a prosecution witness against James Roberts.

He said Mr Jones told police Mr Roberts had confessed to killing Andrew.

He said he told officers the arm which punched Andrew wore black and that Mr Roberts was wearing black, whereas Mr Paul wore white.

But Mr George said Mr Jones failed to remember these details at court and Mr Roberts was later acquitted on the direction of a judge.

Mr Jones told the inquest he could not remember the conversation with Mr Roberts or anything said at his trial.

Coroner Andre Rebello said he had “selective amnesia”, while Mr George accused him of helping to create a false story to keep the real killer at large.

He said Mr Jones would have seen the person who punched Andrew.

Mr Jones agreed his car had been trashed and a brick put through his window, but denied he was too frightened to tell the truth.

MICHAEL STEVENS

MICHAEL Stevens was initially arrested and accused of killing Andrew – although it was his friend James Roberts who would later be charged.

Mr Stevens told Andrew’s inquest he did not know who hit the 18-year-old.

He said he saw a man arguing with his friend Lee Paul, but said Mr Paul did not hit Andrew.

He also said no-one in the group of friends confessed to punching Andrew.

Mr Stevens said he did not punch, kick or stamp on Andrew that night, although Liverpool coroner Andre Rebello said he was satisfied “on the balance of probabilities” he was the man seen to kick Andrew as he lay dying on the floor.

The Jones family solicitor Mark George said to him: “Don’t you feel ashamed standing there telling bare-faced lies? Deep inside you have a burning secret – you know who killed Andrew Jones and it happens to be a friend of yours.”

Mr Stevens did not reply.

CHRIS TOWNSEND

CHRIS Townsend told the inquest he had no memory of the 2003 attack or the fact he signed a statement about it two years ago.

Mr George asked him about the 2005 Champions League final, also a memorable event, but Mr Townsend said he had no memory of it.

Asked if he was even aware a team called Liverpool played in the city and wore red, Mr Townsend replied that he did not know.

Mr George told him: “You could tell us who it was, but you do not have the courage or common decency.

“This is just your coward’s way out.”

Mr Townsend replied: “I do not remember.”

Coroner Andre Rebello told him: “If, when you went out that night, there was a traumatic, serious event, unique in your experience, then it is highly implausible you would not recall it for the rest of your life.”

LEE PAUL

LEE Paul was on his birthday night out on March 8, 2003.

During the inquest, Mr George said Mr Paul had given three versions of what happened that night.

When questioned at the inquest, he said he was in the city centre with friends when a man deliberately collided with them.

He said he told that man to watch where he was going and the man had called him a “kn**head”.

Mr Paul said the man stepped off the path and was gesturing to him to come forward. He said he admitted saying something abusive to him and walked 6ft towards him, but was then pulled back by his girlfriend Danielle Phillips.

He said he had no further physical or verbal contact with the man.

He denied striking Andrew and said he did not know who was responsible for doing it.

DANIELLE PHILLIPS

DANIELLE Phillips told the inquest she and Lee Paul had been arguing that night because he wanted to leave and she wanted to stay in town.

She said Andrew appeared, walked between them and knocked into Lee’s shoulder.

She said: “Lee swung to his left. He asked Andrew to watch where he was going. They started to have a bit of an argument. It was just swearing at each other.

“Andrew was arguing back with Lee. I pulled Lee’s arm and we carried on walking.”

The coroner told her an independent eyewitness believed her then-boyfriend was the killer.

“No,” she replied. “I pulled his arm and we carried on walking up the road.

“Andrew walked away from us then.”

JAMES ROBERTS

JAMES Roberts, known as “Jay”, was charged with Andrew’s death but partway through his trial, in October 2003, he was acquitted on the direction of a judge.

During the inquest – the first time he had given evidence – he denied punching Andrew or admitting to anyone he had done so.

He said he had not witnessed the incident and did not recall anything of the night at all.

He said he could not point the finger at anyone, because he did not know who it was.

He denied he and Neil Jones fabricated a confession to deliberately mislead the police and denied knowing Mr Jones was going to have a “lapse of memory” before the trial.

MICHELLE KELLY

MICHELLE Kelly, who is now Lee Paul’s partner, told the inquest she did not remember anything about the night, apart from the fact she was out with her friend Hayley Morrisey.

She said she did not know who was responsible for Andrew’s death and could not remember seeing him lying on the floor.

She also said she could not remember helping Andrew as he lay on the floor.

She denied she was telling lies or was frightened of giving evidence.

HAYLEY MORRISEY

HAYLEY Morrisey told the inquest she could not remember anything anyone did or said that night.

She said she recalled hailing a cab and having her back turned when Andrew Jones was punched.

She then said she remembered kneeling next to the dying 18-year-old.

Mr George said she gave a police statement at the time saying she saw the male [Andrew] with his hands up, back-pedalling and shouting something that sounded like “what are you on about?”

He said she told officers she then turned back to the cab driver and when she looked again, the male was lying motionless on his back.

He said she recalled in her statement seeing her friends near a wall.

But she could recall none of that at Andrew’s inquest.

Mr George said: “Don’t you feel any sense of shame? You saw nothing, you heard nothing, you know nothing.

“What has happened to you since March 2003 that has caused this memory loss?”

Ms Morrissey said she could remember so little of the night, it was like she was not there.

JAMES FOY

JAMES Foy told the inquest he saw Andrew lying on the floor but had not seen him beforehand.

He said he was aware there was a bit of a commotion and was trying to pull one of the girls away from the scene. He said at the time he believed Lee Paul was walking ahead of him arguing with his girlfriend and he did not recall seeing James Roberts.

Mr Rebello told him it was “refreshing” for someone to go into the witness box and say what they recalled.

Coroner records verdict

LIVERPOOL coroner Andre Rebello said there was only one person - to his mind - who could have killed Andrew Jones.

He said: “From the evidence of the independent witnesses, the person who punched Andrew wore a light top. That discounts James Roberts and Chris Townsend.

“I am satisfied on the balance of probabilities Michael Stevens was the person who kicked Andrew, who was lying dying on the ground.

“There is therefore only one person in the proximity of Andrew who could have thrown the punch.

“That person is on my mind.”

Mr Rebello said there were people who would leave court under a shadow because one of them was a killer and, apart from independent eye witnesses, there was “very little assistance” from the others in remembering what happened that night.

He recorded a verdict of unlawful killing.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wall-silence-hides-andrew-joness-3465738
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:13:46 AM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline John

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 02:02:11 AM »
Every single one of them should be charged.  They are all equally guilty of covering up for a killer.  The lack of progress in this case is appalling, eleven years wasted!