Author Topic: Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?  (Read 22854 times)

Offline rotti

Re: Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 10:39:47 PM »
Good points Holly, add to that being ripped off by unscrupulous "experts" such as this graphologist that is supposed to be confirming if this "suicide note" is in Sheila's handwriting, and charging £1500+ for the privilege! Desperate prisoners are vulnerable in this respect and sitting ducks for charlatans.
hi pauline.i dont think jb will be spending his own money it will come from donations.

Offline rotti

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 10:45:24 PM »
According to JB he received a call from NB: "Sheilas gone crazy, shes got the gun".  End of communication.  JB claims he attempted to call back and was unable to communicate further with NB.  Assuming this is true what course of action would you expect JB to take and why?
come on hols what would you have done probably the same as every one on here.we were taught it as kids .'in an emergency Dial 999' if he was told what he claims than theres only one course of action 8(0(*

Offline John

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 10:47:29 PM »
come on hols what would you have done probably the same as every one on here.we were taught it as kids .'in an emergency Dial 999' if he was told what he claims than theres only one course of action 8(0(*

Difficulty was, his story changed depending on who he was telling.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:21:03 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline rotti

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 10:53:47 PM »
Difficulty was, his story changed depending on who he was telling.
yes an interesting point was made by adam.that both jb and neville picked the same police station to call which was the 5th furthest away from them.so there were 4 other stations closer to them but they both ignored this and chose the 5 furthest &%+((£

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 08:00:28 AM »
And yet at the cottage only a few hours later, Jeremy was adamant that his dad had already been wounded when he phoned. This according to CC...

The facial wounds would have prevented him "blurting out" anything at all quite clearly.

I believe CC is the only person ever to say JB said he thought NB sounded injured. 

We've previously discussed:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6525.msg261188#msg261188

Noone else mentions this eg PC West, PS Bewes, PC Myalls, PC Saxby, any member of the raid team or indeed JB in his WS's or interviews. 

AE was specifically asked if she heard JB say NB sounded injured and she said no:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3170.0;attach=3162

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 08:31:03 AM »
Had this actually taken place I would have expected Jeremy to get over there pronto and not mess about with supposed calls to the police which would have taken ages.  All he said he knew was what you quoted above, "Sheilas gone crazy, she's got the gun", there was no mention of it being discharged inappropriately. What we had in essence was a domestic within a family albeit with the potential to go badly awry.   It was not then a police matter and Nevill would not have wanted a police presence so why involve them?  It just doesn't add up!

Had Nevill said Sheila's got the gun and she has shot me then that would have been an entirely different matter and one which would require police and ambulance attendance.

But "Sheilas gone crazy, she's got the gun" doesn't tell anyone much.  If I received such a call I think I would probably do what JB claims he did which was attempt to call NB back and ask what he wanted me to do eg take something over, go over, call someone etc.

If NB used the words 'Please come over' then IMO that is different as there's a clear instruction as to what NB wanted JB to do.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 10:28:43 AM »
But "Sheilas gone crazy, she's got the gun" doesn't tell anyone much.  If I received such a call I think I would probably do what JB claims he did which was attempt to call NB back and ask what he wanted me to do eg take something over, go over, call someone etc.

If NB used the words 'Please come over' then IMO that is different as there's a clear instruction as to what NB wanted JB to do.

I agree, so would I BUT, when I couldn't get through, I'd have either called 999 or gone over there - or both.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2016, 12:48:01 PM »
I agree, so would I BUT, when I couldn't get through, I'd have either called 999 or gone over there - or both.

But then I think it comes down to making a judgement call/decision which will vary from person to person. 

I would probably have driven over kept a safe distance and then made a decision to approach WHF or use the tel box at the bottom of the lane, or wherever it was that JB called JM from, to call the police.  The fact JB didn't do this doesn't make me make me suspicious at all.

JB was no doubt mindful of:

- NB and June wanting to keep SC's mental illness private
- NB not wanting to get the authorities involved
- NB's low regard for the local police
- NB being a magistrate and not wanting it getting round his mentally ill daughter was "going crazy" and had access to a gun
- Firearms and ammo may not have been kept as they should have been
- SC had previous 'episodes' which were non-violent
- Dr Ferguson told CC SC was not a risk to herself and others which was probably also relayed to the Bambers and JB in turn

Had JB have called 999 I think the prosecution and others would simply say he wanted the police to find the victims as quickly as possible.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2016, 01:47:52 PM »
But then I think it comes down to making a judgement call/decision which will vary from person to person. 

I would probably have driven over kept a safe distance and then made a decision to approach WHF or use the tel box at the bottom of the lane, or wherever it was that JB called JM from, to call the police.  The fact JB didn't do this doesn't make me make me suspicious at all.

JB was no doubt mindful of:

- NB and June wanting to keep SC's mental illness private
- NB not wanting to get the authorities involved
- NB's low regard for the local police
- NB being a magistrate and not wanting it getting round his mentally ill daughter was "going crazy" and had access to a gun
- Firearms and ammo may not have been kept as they should have been
- SC had previous 'episodes' which were non-violent
- Dr Ferguson told CC SC was not a risk to herself and others which was probably also relayed to the Bambers and JB in turn

Had JB have called 999 I think the prosecution and others would simply say he wanted the police to find the victims as quickly as possible.

Except that he did decide to call the police and quickly told them Sheila wasn't just suffering mental health issues, but that 'she was a nutter'. He told them about the firearms and about the gun that he'd left out. There doesn't seem any attempt to try and 'keep her illness quite' - quite the opposite.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2016, 02:08:17 PM »
Except that he did decide to call the police and quickly told them Sheila wasn't just suffering mental health issues, but that 'she was a nutter'. He told them about the firearms and about the gun that he'd left out. There doesn't seem any attempt to try and 'keep her illness quite' - quite the opposite.

Yes once he made the decision to call the police he had to relay the message he claims he received from NB: "Sheilas gone crazy, shes got the gun".  This would naturally result in a dialogue and the police asking questions about SC and the availability of firearms. 

Offline Caroline

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2016, 06:07:45 PM »
Yes once he made the decision to call the police he had to relay the message he claims he received from NB: "Sheilas gone crazy, shes got the gun".  This would naturally result in a dialogue and the police asking questions about SC and the availability of firearms.

Yes, he decided it was important enough to call the police but chose to look for the station number and not dial 999.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »
Yes, he decided it was important enough to call the police but chose to look for the station number and not dial 999.

Yes I think he was trying to get the balance right believing the situation was potentially serious enough to warrant police involvement but trying to avoid sirens blaring and lights flashing on the basis it might be a manageable domestic. 

Offline Caroline

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2016, 07:18:32 PM »
Yes I think he was trying to get the balance right believing the situation was potentially serious enough to warrant police involvement but trying to avoid sirens blaring and lights flashing on the basis it might be a manageable domestic.

That wouldn't happen at that time of the morning or in a seige situation. Lights and sirens are to warn other traffic to move out of the way.

According to AE, when Jeremy was asked why he didn't go to WHF, he said "I didn't want to be shot too". However, at the point of making that decision, he 'supposedly' didn't know anyone had been shot.

Offline rotti

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2016, 07:23:41 PM »
there were 4 police stations closer to both jb and neviile .than the one they both chose to phone.i dont know what the odds of that happening are

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2016, 07:36:30 PM »
That wouldn't happen at that time of the morning or in a seige situation. Lights and sirens are to warn other traffic to move out of the way.

According to AE, when Jeremy was asked why he didn't go to WHF, he said "I didn't want to be shot too". However, at the point of making that decision, he 'supposedly' didn't know anyone had been shot.

Oh well I wouldn't have known that would JB?  I would think 999 was all guns blazing and a call to the local cops would be nothing more than a drive-by akin to an officer from Heartbeat on his bike.  The following from Surrey police states its down to the discretion of the driver whether they dispaly emergency signals or not. 

http://www.surrey.police.uk/foi-disclosure-logs/police-car-responding-to-an-emergency-call/

Do you have AE's WS where she states JB feared he would be shot at TOO if he turned up at WHF?